Tornado v3 coil replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
They will be getting low on stock. If you are enjoying them, you could get a couple of iClear16 (£3.50) and then replace the coils for £1.40. (£7 for 5) Think of it as an upgrade. :)
They last longer too.... much longer.

- -

I did have a look for you, but all the regular shops have discontinued.

iVapour (Toby) sells them, but they are £2.25 if you buy 5.
I'd be tempted to swap systems in all honesty.

Tom_1989

May 28, 2015
They will be getting low on stock. If you are enjoying them, you could get a couple of iClear16 (£3.50) and then replace the coils for £1.40. (£7 for 5) Think of it as an upgrade. :)
They last longer too.... much longer.

- -

I did have a look for you, but all the regular shops have discontinued.

iVapour (Toby) sells them, but they are £2.25 if you buy 5.
I'd be tempted to swap systems in all honesty.

Thanks
where did you see those prices for the iclear16s and wicks? i am going to change systems soon can you recomend 1 for about £20-£25 ? thanks for the reply

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks
where did you see those prices for the iclear16s and wicks? i am going to change systems soon can you recomend 1 for about £20-£25 ? thanks for the reply

The best place for clearomisers is Myepack. Nobody but ebay and Fasttech beats them really.

CE4/5 coils are all of £3 (ish) for a 5 pack direct from China.
I got 2 x 5 packs of Subtank coils and 2 x 5 packs of Nautilus BVCs in about 10 days.

or do you mean a battery as well?

Kevin Foster

Jul 1, 2015
England
The problem with totally wicked is once something has been out awhile they lose interest in it and discontinue it, leaving us a choice to either try and source coils etc elsewhere or upgrade to something else by them, and thus eventually end up going round in circles. Now don't get me wrong ive spent quite a bit of money with them and stuff they sell is decent but never made to last. If your looking to upgrade buy a decent power mod and look into rebuildable tanks you'll save more money that way, for example I got 20m of kanthal wire for £1.99 and Japanese cotton for the wicking for 99p both from the crazy wire company, a pack of two coils for my previous mod was £4.50. With 20m of wire you can make a hell of a lot of coils!!!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Sorry think I confused you. I am interested in buying those iclear16 you mention where do you get those? If I buy the two things you said in your first post I can still use my tornado battery? And the other question was can you Recomend a full set up for £20?

Try MYEPACK.

Clearomizers

Sort by price, if you don't get the right link.

All the old/basic tanks will work with your Tornado battery. (Just don't buy anything with 808 fitting)

I would go with the iClear16s over the Evods. Mini Protank (V. 2) is quite good, but the coils can play up and/or get a bit leaky.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Cheers for the suggestions. Next what battery would you upgrade to from the tornado v3 ?? Sorry for all the questions
Depends how much power you think you'll need.
I'll revisit this thread later, or tomorrow.
..essentially, you have to choose between 1) eGo battery 2) 18650 "tube" mod or 3) small box mod or 4) larger box mod.

Have a look at pictures for
1) Innokin iTaste VV v.4
2) Vamo V.2 or V5 or V7
3) iStick 30w
4) Innokin Coolfire IV or Sigelei mini or even MVP Pro.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Don't really like the look of the box ones I like the ego type battery like my tornado v3 but want something that can last a bit longer
Great... that's what you need to do.. narrow it down.

So, either an 18650 tube mod, or another eGo-type battery.

CLK 1280? iTaste VV v.4? (eGo or square eGo)

or SID, Vamo, (18650)...

SID is cheap as chips from Fasttech if you can wait 2 weeks. Vamo is bigger.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Ok will have a look just don't want to get another cheap ego battery.
Would it help to see a size comparison? I can take a photo (phone quality) of some mods and tanks so you can get a feel for these things.
18650 tube mods are quite a lot fatter than eGo batteries. Vamo is the longest of all the ones I own. Trouble is, old Vamos and Sids and Evics* (don't buy one of them if you want one, I have a nearly new one) need external battery chargers. *Actually, correct that.. you can charge an Evic with mini USB, like the iSticks.
I can do a photo... if that helps? :)

Reactions: Tom_1989

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
OK, here's my best effort.

Old kit from a while ago.
Left to right - Vamo in 18350 mode (small battery). iTaste VV, MVP v. 2, Vision Spinner, mini eGo (Vision Crystal).

More recent kit.
Left to right - iStick 20w + mini Nautilus. 30ml e-liquid bottle. iTaste (dead). iStick 30w with Kanger Subtank mini (RBA installed) Vamo in 18650 mode (large battery). 2 x 18650's either side waiting for new mod. (Sigelei)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
heard alot about vision spinners they good?

thanks for the pictures

My opinion is that they are not particularly good.

I've had 5 over 2 years and 4 are broken. If you want to take the attitude, "it's £18 and might last 2 months or 12 months, so that's not much money" then, sure.... they are worth a go.
They are not very reliable, and you won't get replacements if you use one for more than the shop warranty period (which is rarely more the dead on arrival).
I had 1 iTaste VV... that lasted 18 months. Innokin seem to make good batteries. The CLK 1280 or the iTasteVV v.4 would be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread