Tank for istick 30w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Hey guys I am going to buy an istick 30w and wanted opinions on smallish tanks.

Was thinking the Kanger nano, what do you guys reckon?
The subtank nano would be a good fit, depending on what you want out of it. Are you pretty happy with an airy draw, or do you want more of a cigarette, tighter draw?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
A fine choice for tighter draw. Wide open, the nano is very very different. At its tightest setting, it's still pretty loose compared to the nautilus mini.

I'm VERY close to removing the airflow control ring from my Nautilus. It unquestionably has better flavor than the Subtank Mini that I own, and if I remove the airflow control ring then I'll have all 4 holes open at once. It still won't have the airflow of the Subtank, but it will be a LOT better than using just a single hole.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I'd suggest either the Aspire Nautilus Mini/full size with the BVC coils, or the Kanger Subtank Mini using the 1.2 ohm factory OCC and replace the mouthpiece/drip tip to a smaller more restricted one. Either of these would be a nice upgrade from the system you now have. The Kanger Subtank would be better if you do lung hits, or replace the drip tip if you are a mouth to lung vaper. I have both and use both every day.

The Subtank Mini has a rebuildable deck which is nice should you decide to grow into the coil building aspect of vape. The 1.2 and .5 ohm OCC coils can be purchased if you just want to replace the coils, but keep your old burnt out ones because they can easily be rebuilt as well.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Okay so basically I should get the Kanger if I want lung hits or the Nautilus if I want mouth to lung hits?

I mouth to lung on the Subtank Mini also. The first thing I did was to get a more restrictive cheap mouthpiece/drip tip. I use the single air hole, and 1.2 ohm coils about 18 to 20 watts. I'm not a lung hitter.

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
Subtank Mini is my vote, fits flush with the Istick 30w too.

Yes, the ST MINI is perfect sits flush, looks great, and works like a champ. I found some blue glass at my local b&m that really sets it off.

vNTKu0z.jpg

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Okay so basically I should get the Kanger if I want lung hits or the Nautilus if I want mouth to lung hits?

I guess it depends on how much "lung hit" you want. Direct to lung hit is the only way I've used my Nautilus tanks. I've never owned or used a Kanger so can't compare the air draw however the draw in the Nautilus tanks is more restrictive then even the Aspire K1 or Maxi (lower grade/less expensive) tanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread