iStick 30w w/ UWell Crown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xVape

Oct 19, 2015
Hey guys, I'm currently vaping using an iStick 30w with a Nautilus mini and despite not having it long I feel like dabbling with sub-ohm tanks for more vapour production. In the near future I was thinking of getting a UWell crown tank (or perhaps a Subtank, but I honestly prefer the crown). I'm well aware the iStick 30W can handle sub-ohm vaping but would it handle the UWell Crown well enough? I know I should really use a higher wattage mod but I might as well make do with what I've got, especially since it's new.

So, would it handle the 0.5 ohm coils well enough? Would I be able to push for the 0.25 at 25-30w?

Thanks for any insight you guys provide! :thumbs:

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
You might be ok with the .5 ohm coils. The .25 would probably need more watts. If you under power a big cloud maker it will gurgle, flood out, and spit tons of juice in your mouth. Look up the recommended wattage for the coils and see what it says. If your mod won't hit at least half the max recommended watts, I wouldn't try it. You can get a 75 - 100W mod for less than $50 theses days and if you are going to get into sub-ohm vaping it won't be a waste. Plus most of the newer mods have Temp Control functions if you want to play with that.

Reactions: BrotherBob

VapingGranny

Nov 15, 2015
Hey guys, I'm currently vaping using an iStick 30w with a Nautilus mini and despite not having it long I feel like dabbling with sub-ohm tanks for more vapour production. In the near future I was thinking of getting a UWell crown tank (or perhaps a Subtank, but I honestly prefer the crown). I'm well aware the iStick 30W can handle sub-ohm vaping but would it handle the UWell Crown well enough? I know I should really use a higher wattage mod but I might as well make do with what I've got, especially since it's new.

So, would it handle the 0.5 ohm coils well enough? Would I be able to push for the 0.25 at 25-30w?

I just got the Crown and I'm using the dual. 5 coil on my istick 50w. At 30w there is some vapor but not enough to satisfy a cloud chaser. I'm waiting for the 1.2 coils for 2 reasons, 1 I'm a mtl vapor so sub ohm vaping doesn't work for me and 2 my istick 50w is not enough for the uwell crown.
I think I'm going to love the crown once I get the right coils. Until then, I'm sticking with my ego one tank with the 1ohm coils. FYI... there was tons of vapor when I used the .5 coils in this set up.

xVape

Oct 19, 2015
I just got the Crown and I'm using the dual. 5 coil on my istick 50w. At 30w there is some vapor but not enough to satisfy a cloud chaser. I'm waiting for the 1.2 coils for 2 reasons, 1 I'm a mtl vapor so sub ohm vaping doesn't work for me and 2 my istick 50w is not enough for the uwell crown.
I think I'm going to love the crown once I get the right coils. Until then, I'm sticking with my ego one tank with the 1ohm coils. FYI... there was tons of vapor when I used the .5 coils in this set up.

Hmm, okay. I wasn't wanting to use the 0.25 coils anyway to be honest. I might go for a tank such as the Melo which is designed for the 30-50w eleaf mods. I believe the sweetspot for the melo is at 25-30w so I should be good. I'll do a bit more research and find out what would suit me. Thanks

xVape

Oct 19, 2015
You might be ok with the .5 ohm coils. The .25 would probably need more watts. If you under power a big cloud maker it will gurgle, flood out, and spit tons of juice in your mouth. Look up the recommended wattage for the coils and see what it says. If your mod won't hit at least half the max recommended watts, I wouldn't try it. You can get a 75 - 100W mod for less than $50 theses days and if you are going to get into sub-ohm vaping it won't be a waste. Plus most of the newer mods have Temp Control functions if you want to play with that.

I believe the recommended wattage is 30-80w for the 0.5 ohm coils. Would this be sufficient if I ran it at 30w?

VapingGranny

Nov 15, 2015
Hmm, okay. I wasn't wanting to use the 0.25 coils anyway to be honest. I might go for a tank such as the Melo which is designed for the 30-50w eleaf mods. I believe the sweetspot for the melo is at 25-30w so I should be good. I'll do a bit more research and find out what would suit me. Thanks
One thing you want to keep in mind is battery life. Using it at max wattage will drain battery quicker.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I think you're going to find a maximum of 30W is a bit light for deep subohm. I'm running a .3 ohm coil on my Snow Wolf set at 70 W as a steamthrower right now. You should get by OK at .5 at 30 W. That'd be like vaping the same coil on a mech mod at half discharge on the battery. It's OK, but not great. I'd be thinking about changing batteries at that point. I do not have a Crown, but my reading indicates it likes a bit more power than 30ish. If that's what you want to do, you probably need a regulated mod in the 50-100W range minimum.

ElectriSean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Perhaps I'll splash some cash for Christmas or something, perhaps until then I'll just get by with my Nautilus Mini and iStick 30w. I think my upgrade would be a UWell Crown and a Sigelei or something along those lines. I'll decide on a box mod upgrade later on.

I got my Crown on Friday, running it with the Ni200 coil on a Sigelei 150w TC. Truly an awesome duo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread