Bought a non-TC coil...

Status
Not open for further replies.

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
It was the holiday weekend and I needed an Atlantis coil. The B&M was out of TC's so I bought a regular .5 and .3 Ohm coil.

I put the .3 in and I couldn't get a good vape. I waited about 12 hours and it still didn't improve so I replaced it with the .5 Ohm. I definately got better flavor, but...

There is nothing like TC. Once dialed in, the flavors are so much better. I'm vaping Turning Trixxx and I can taste each flavor with the TC coils, but with non-TC I just can't nail it. I can get the lemony flavor at 30w, I can get the sweet milky flavor at 20w, I can get the vapor production I want above 35w.

But, with a TC coil, I can have it all.

Do you guys find the difference as dramatic as I do?

Reactions: xtwosm0kesx

ddarlington24

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
usa
I do attend to agree with you, i did a side by side took two lemo put ni200 in the first on at 0.15 @440F. The other kanthal 28g 0.5 ohm @25w

I choose one of my Adv that i know rather well Carmel black apple the comparison is eye popping the flavors just stand out so much more with Tc going back and fourth the Carmel just pops on the exhale on the tc

the kanthal the flavor is there but it just fades out so quickly on the exhale almost muted in comparison just isn't the same experience as the Tc build. Now i'm wanting to try some titanium wire on here.

seanol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
Dallas, TX
I agree!

My biggest issue is my mech mods. I used to enjoy coming home, stiiting in my easy chair and vaping into the evening. Now they tatse muted. I use rayon so no real issues running them dry but I still have to think about it.

The other day I had a tank I wanted to change juice in. I vaped it dry, no juice showing at all. Still got a couple more draws before TC ended the parade. Swapped juice and it was like I just rewicked. New flavor immediately.

Hard to go back. Vaping is changing so rapidly that stuff that was cutting edge just a month or so ago is now relegated to the back of the vaping drawer.

Fun to be on the ground floor of this stuff!

Sean

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I haven't yet taken the plunge into TC, but this thread enhances my anticipation. I have a Dovpo TC-50 on order from gearbest (lord only knows when that will show up), and I've already got some 28ga and 30ga nickel wire, so I'll be getting my feet wet before too long.

Considerable skepticism still exists among unconverted vapers, but I like reading that temp-limiting might just be the game changer that we all hoped when it was first announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread