Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know this has probably been asked and answered, but I have no idea where to even begin looking for it, AND I hate reading back, soooooo
Will regular GSA coils work on the iS40wTC?

Shouldn't be any problems.

For the TC mod that I have, a Kangxin VF Mini, I turn TC Off when not using either a Nickel or Titanium TC Coil.

I'm sure the istick 40W TC has a way to run it with TC Off.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I know this has probably been asked and answered, but I have no idea where to even begin looking for it, AND I hate reading back, soooooo
Been using them fine so far in the GS Tank on the 40W TC... no issues at all, and performance seems identical to having them in the GS Air MS. Likewise, the TC coils work fine on the M and MS on the 40W TC... pretty sure they'll work fine in the Air, as well, but I don't own one.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I'm sure the iStick 40W TC has a way to run it with TC Off.
Yep... just click that little button between the arrow buttons... that easy. Make sure you have a kanthal coil, though. I haven't tested the safety feature and really don't want to.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yep... just click that little button between the arrow buttons... that easy. Make sure you have a kanthal coil, though. I haven't tested the safety feature and really don't want to.

Yeah... I don't have an iStick 40W TC, Yet.

But I know that if I am in TC Mode using my Kangxin VF Min and I'm using a Regular Coil/Head, that sometimes I have Problems.

I think it is because the Kangxin thinks it should be seeing a Low Ohm Coil that it can do TC on. But what it is seeing is a +1.0 Ohm Coil that Isn't changing in Ohms when Power is Applied to it.

I dunno. Just know that if I turn TC Off with NiChrome 80 Coils, it works just like Any Other Mod I have. So I do.

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
How do you know if it's a Kanthal coil? Are the eLeaf coils for GSAs made with it?

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
How do you know if it's a Kanthal coil? Are the eLeaf coils for GSAs made with it?
-1.jpg

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Yeah... I don't have an iStick 40W TC, Yet.

But I know that if I am in TC Mode using my Kangxin VF Min and I'm using a Regular Coil/Head, that sometimes I have Problems.

I think it is because the Kangxin thinks it should be seeing a Low Ohm Coil that it can do TC on. But what it is seeing is a +1.0 Ohm Coil that Isn't changing in Ohms when Power is Applied to it.

I dunno. Just know that if I turn TC Off with NiChrome 80 Coils, it works just like Any Other Mod I have. So I do.
Never used Nichrome, so I can't say whether it works on this mod... I'd imagine it works just the same as on any other mod, though.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Never used Nichrome, so I can't say whether it works on this mod... I'd imagine it works just the same as on any other mod, though.

NiChrome 80 has Similar Properties to Kanthal(s) as when Compared with Ni200 or Titanium Grade 1 wire.

When I rebuilt my 1.5ohm Air Head, I used NiChrome 80. I prefer the Taste of NiChrome over Kanthal(s).

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
I know this has probably been asked and answered, but I have no idea ...

Thank you for offering your own fine self up as bait. The sharks are circling as we speak, and the feeding frenzy should be worth twice the price of admission.

:p :D :p :D :p :D

Tibbies, listen to what I mean; not what I say! :p –Elvie-Emm

Trauti Boyd
PO Box 997
Halifax, VA

Last edited:

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Thank you for offering your own fine self up as bait. The sharks are circling as we speak, and the feeding frenzy should be worth twice the price of admission.

:p :D :p :D :p :D
Even I can't always be perfect. :p;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread