Nautilus is flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY
just received my new set up on Tuesday. The istick 30 and nautilus. So the nautilus came with a 1.6 coil and I've been vaping around 7 watts at the second largest air hole. I'm not filling it up to 5mls..only to around 3 because I like to change flavors. For some reason, everything seems hooked up tight, it will be ok and then all of the sudden it's leaking down the battery and out the air holes. I take it apart, let it drain, wipe it out....it's good for a while and then the same thing happens again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm frustrated. Any tips or tricks? Or common mistakes? Thanks!

Reactions: thetrucker

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Is the head tight into the base?
Some times they loosen when you remove the tank to refill.
Are you missing the o ring that seals the head in the base? it is on the bottom of the head itself.
Have you tried a new head? be sure to prime it properly.
Sounds like you're flooding the head, too restrictive airflow, too hard/fast inhale, under powering.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
You might be pulling to hard. Try lightening your pull and see if that helps. I've noticed with the Nautilus you have to let the tank do the work if that makes sense. Don't pull to hard or it will flood. Also to fix a flooded tank you can remove the tank off of your mod, wrap it in a paper towel, and sling it three or four times with the drip tip facing away from you to where the excess juice flows out of the drip tip. Wipe off the excess juice on your mod and in your drip tip and reattach to your mod and you will be golden. Works every time on a flooded nautilus! Good luck!

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
If you are having flooding issues turn the air holes to the biggest opening and blow thru the mouth piece and dry off the hole with paper napkin

turn mod upside down and take a few draws like you normally do pressing the firing button each time.

This will starve the coil of ejuice and help dry it out-----some excess eliquid will come out the mouth piece as you are doing this----just dry off the tip of your

tongue and lips with a napkin----a little ejuice will not hurt on your tongue and lips as I have done this many times.

keep your tank at least one half full as too much empty space leads to leaking thru to the coil.

Smoke your Nautilus on wide open air holes for a while and see if this makes a difference.

I have smoked a full size Nautilus for one year and a half noe and smoking it rite now as a matter of fact.

Hope this helps......thetrucker----------the pressure of your draws and the air opening takes a little experimenting before you get used to the variables needed

to control this thing....

Reactions: Ladybug24

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Blowing through the drip tip to clear a flooded head in any bottom coil clearo will make the flooding more frequent / worse by over pressurizing the tank.

Twist up napkin or paper towel & dry the center tube & drip tip, turn it upside down so liquid can't get into the wicking holes and pulse the fire button a few times. I do not inhale while doing this.
When you really flood one, remove the head & sop up the liquid / dry the air chamber beneath the head, then reinstall the head, dry center tube & drip tip.

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
Twist up napkin or paper towel & dry the center tube & drip tip, turn it upside down so liquid can't get into the wicking holes and pulse the fire button a few times. I do not inhale while doing this.
When you really flood one, remove the head & sop up the liquid / dry the air chamber beneath the head, then reinstall the head, dry center tube & drip tip.

I've done all that...it works for a bit, then starts gurgling again. Would chain vaping make it do it? I do tend to chain vape.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Is it an authentic aspire nautilus? & authentic replacement heads?
Are you tightening the head to the base firmly?

I have several of both and have zero flooding problems except change in temps & altitude.
I clear temp & altitude floods by turning up the power & vaping through them, I wouldn't recommend that unless you are very familiar with the nauty because you'll probably burn/scorch the wicking material.

IMO, Probably inhaling too hard/fast or under powering.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Blowing through the drip tip to clear a flooded head in any bottom coil clearo will make the flooding more frequent / worse by over pressurizing the tank.

These are good points in the quote above as you continue to experiment you will find what works for you as far as methods are concerned.

Reactions: Inka

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
just received my new set up on Tuesday. The istick 30 and nautilus. So the nautilus came with a 1.6 coil and I've been vaping around 7 watts at the second largest air hole. I'm not filling it up to 5mls..only to around 3 because I like to change flavors. For some reason, everything seems hooked up tight, it will be ok and then all of the sudden it's leaking down the battery and out the air holes. I take it apart, let it drain, wipe it out....it's good for a while and then the same thing happens again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm frustrated. Any tips or tricks? Or common mistakes? Thanks!

I was having this problem yesterday with my new mini. It would constantly flood the coils (but only leak a little). What worked for me was making sure the airholes were closed when I put the base back on, and filling it ALL the way up. After tons of digging on ECF and other random forums from google, there is some kind of vacuum issue with them, that they flood or leak if not filled all of the way.

I know the nautilus is different, but it might be worth a shot?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread