question about the subox mini clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lili78

Oct 23, 2014
toronto
I have been vaping since September love it and can't stand the smell of regular cigarette now.
I have been using evod twist with kanger emow have been rebuilding my coils with cotton and been pretty happy. I want to upgrade from the evod and I want to know your opinion about the subox clone
If u can tell me the best settings for it aka what battery should I use
Is kanthal better than nichrome?
Should I use 24 gauge or 26?what is the difference between 24 and 26?
O God I asked too much questions just answer what u can every little helps.
Thanks

lili78

Oct 23, 2014
toronto
Hello, welcome to ECF.

There's a Subox clone? The Chinese are ripping of the Chinese?

If you're rebuilding the coil heads I would probably use the 26 ga. kanthal. I think about 5 wraps will give you around 1 ohm on a 2mm or 5/32 bit. You can always play with it and see what works for you.
Thanks for the tip 26 kanthal it is

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have been vaping since September love it and can't stand the smell of regular cigarette now.
I have been using evod twist with kanger emow have been rebuilding my coils with cotton and been pretty happy. I want to upgrade from the evod and I want to know your opinion about the subox clone
If u can tell me the best settings for it aka what battery should I use
Is kanthal better than nichrome?
Should I use 24 gauge or 26?what is the difference between 24 and 26?
O God I asked too much questions just answer what u can every little helps.
Thanks

It depends on what kind of vaping you prefer. If you are a mouth to lung person like I am, you may prefer higher gauge wire (29 or 28g), higher resistance coils and more restricted airflow. I don't sub-ohm and I don't lung inhale, BTW, and I also like my Kanger Aerotanks.

You may also enjoy Eleaf GS Air tanks. Similar to Aerotanks but much cheaper and, IMO, even better.

WRT which batteries to use, please read this post by aldenf:

Little itty bitty mods under $100. | Page 115 | E-Cigarette Forum

Good luck!

Last edited:

lili78

Oct 23, 2014
toronto
It depends on what kind of vaping you prefer. If you are a mouth to lung person like I am, you may prefer higher gauge wire (29 or 28g), higher resistance coils and more restricted airflow. I don't sub-ohm and I don't lung inhale, BTW, and I also like my Kanger Aerotanks.

You may also enjoy Eleaf GS Air tanks. Similar to Aerotanks but much cheaper and, IMO, even better.

WRT which batteries to use, please read this post by aldenf:

Little itty bitty mods under $100. | Page 115 | E-Cigarette Forum

Good luck!
Thanks I will go through that thread u put.
I am mouth to lung smoker but I like lots of airflow so should I still go with higher resistance?
P.s I love all my kanger tanks started with evod kit then to mini protank then mini aerotank and now emow. I like smaller tanks.
Their coils are cheap but I enjoy rebuilding their coils.

Reactions: Katya

lili78

Oct 23, 2014
toronto
The only reason I don't own one of those Subbox kits is because it didn't have the spring loaded 510 pin. I use different tanks throughout the day and saw where some people were having issues. I'll wait till they come out with the original with the spring loaded pin.
Your wait is over my friend the clone one is spring loaded

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Does it really makes any difference?

The original manufacturer has invested money into the vape industry. You have a warranty with them. Clones are someone "stealing" this investment to make money. Good luck with warranty issues, it's just my opinion.

lili78

Oct 23, 2014
toronto
I totally respect what u are saying but My problem is retailers mark ups are huge a simple starter kit of for example subox in Canada runs about $80-$90 plus 13% tax u will have a warranty of 6 months and after that u r on your own if I get it from ft it will be $56 no shipping so far I never had any problems with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread