Status
Not open for further replies.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
edit: think i got it sorted, i have had my Peko hitting rite for the last few hours fingers crossed, i had my button screw to tight i loosened it up a bit then adjusted the button and now things seem to be working and getting some fine vapor....got a blk rogue on it, live & learn the hard way....i still like my REO's better tho.

Last edited:

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
To tell you the truth, I've picked up a REO a year and a half ago, and put it right back down, way too heavy and clumsy looking a device from my ergonomic perspective, and as it was the only squonker around, it kept me from squonking.
Since being part of George's beta group on the original Peko and GDNA designs, I have gone completely tankless, with five Pekos and four GDNAs, and no device comes close (c'ept Peter's Dibis).

Remember, there are many finishes you can apply to the shell to change the finish, including the rock hard Cerakote finish, or one of D_J's wonderful paint finishes

Reactions: B2L

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Remember, there are many finishes you can apply to the shell to change the finish, including the rock hard Cerakote finish, or one of D_J's wonderful paint finishes
You know what would be really cool? If someone were to make carbon fiber bodies for them. :w00t:

Streetrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Texas
08049d843125755097a8ae17d7d0c5ec.jpg

I love my GDNA ....REOs are great I had one a few years ago...but 90% of my mods are regulated now so this one suits me better. As far as the regular Peko I don't think I could choose between the two...they both have pros and cons...

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I don't abuse my mods. I baby em all. But I am a clumsy person. Knowing that a REO grand can handle extreme punishment is comforting. These things (mods) keep me smoke free and well behaved. If I had a less durable mod or a one that could break / not function if dropped I'd have to carry a backup just to go out to run errands.

That'd suck.

Now I have only dropped one or two of my REOs one or two times even though I am clumsy.

That isn't punishing a REO - dropping one. It just laughs at ya and goes "you goofy bassturd why ya tryin to scuff my J's".

These things are my life support system and unknowingly support the lives of many others I encounter. I wouldn't entrust that in plastic / nylon anything but metal and mechanical.

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
well I actually ended up with both after destroying 6 contacts and 5 new lg he2 button tops in 2 weeks on my reo due to the massive arcing... these were brand new contacts and batteries cleaned with with 99% isoproply and treated with deoxit the best i can tell it seems the contact over shot the button and was just barely striking the very back edge.....arcing problem has stopped since i started using flat tops but I do have pretty long button throw. In my frustration I ended up buying a peko and havent had a problem...needless to say I"m a little gun shy about having to rely soley on the REO....my trust is slowly coming back though

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
well I actually ended up with both after destroying 6 contacts and 5 new lg he2 button tops in 2 weeks on my reo due to the massive arcing... these were brand new contacts and batteries cleaned with with 99% isoproply and treated with deoxit the best i can tell it seems the contact over shot the button and was just barely striking the very back edge.....arcing problem has stopped since i started using flat tops but I do have pretty long button throw. In my frustration I ended up buying a peko and havent had a problem...needless to say I"m a little gun shy about having to rely soley on the REO....my trust is slowly coming back though

Lol bro, your user name is accurate :). I've not ever broken a contact or even rendered one unserviceable in nearly 3 years. Nor do I get any arcing even when vaping in the low .4 range. I pretty much use strictly AW IMR button top 18650 but more recently been mixin in some Samsung INR 25R's.

Have you removed your spring and put a lil deoxit in the threads (and under it if it is not painted there)?

If your batteries are scratched from other mods they will be much more prone to arcing than smooth ones. Arcing is normal and happens even when you can't see it in other mods.

You can minimize it with clean smooth contacts on batteries and mods :)

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
Lol bro, your user name is accurate :). I've not ever broken a contact or even rendered one unserviceable in nearly 3 years. Nor do I get any arcing even when vaping in the low .4 range. I pretty much use strictly AW IMR button top 18650 but more recently been mixin in some Samsung INR 25R's.

Have you removed your spring and put a lil deoxit in the threads (and under it if it is not painted there)?

If your batteries are scratched from other mods they will be much more prone to arcing than smooth ones. Arcing is normal and happens even when you can't see it in other mods.

You can minimize it with clean smooth contacts on batteries and mods :)
trashed some 25rs also everything was new fresh from illumn. dexoit on spring, spring screw, under spring.....i watched your video by the way so I thought I had it dialed....Shes running fine now on flat tops. 2 weeks no issue but damn i got off to a rough start.... Between your vids and Rob"s epic customer service I got through it.. little advice to anyone thinking on pulling the trigger on a REO for the first time do yourself a favor and order a couple extra contacts and springs, hopefully you wont go through what I did but its definately worth having them on hand...especially when REO land is in Maine and I'm in Washington State

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread