RDA Just wanted to post some builds (Doge V2/Turbo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I might snap some higher-quality pictures later if I can, but for now this should be good.

First ever Clapton coil, on the doge V2. Ohming in around .2/.3 ohms. It was gonna be dual coil but it was reading at like .12 sooo... Nah.
KWZFIct.png

Finally got around to building on my Turbo rda. I like the deck a lot, really deep well makes it very hard to over-drip. I got rid of the stupid health hazard fan (pops right out, real easy) and the thing hits really damn nice at 7V.
aopLENw.png

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I thought a lot of people including myself believe that the Turbo RDA is pointless. Amazing builds though, regardless.

Haha, I agreed that it was pointless so I popped out the fan (which also includes the airflow adjustment fins, not a huge deal). I heard a few (but not a lot -- it seemed limited to super sub-ohmers, of which I am not) people getting their fans so hot that the material actually cracked. With the fan in, I didn't notice all that much of a difference to the heat of the vapor, primarily because at .88 ohms there's a bit of ramp-up time/it's easier to control a lesser-wrap coil. Might eventually pop the fan back in for the novelty of it. It's very gimmicky, and it doesn't serve much purpose, but other than the fan I really like the Turbo's design. I'd buy a slightly-more-compact fan-less version lol.

And thanks for the compliment, I'm not an expert builder by any means. The coil in my Doge V1 is about 9 months old at this point -- before yesterday I hadn't rebuilt anything in months.

Reactions: DergBerg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread