Status
Not open for further replies.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Going to throw my 4 cents worth in.....after seeing how Apollo treats their customers ( wonderfully), it makes me appreciate them even more. I'm still waiting on another vendor that has lied and stalled me since 8/12. Even though I have not won here or ordered everything, THANK YOU, Apollo, for the great service you've given the winners so far. It's noticed, noted, and appreciated!
One thing I do when it comes to vendors, is I try to research as much as I can about them and I can happily say so far so good. But one thing in regards to Apollo was the website and the video doc on the liquid manufacturing process...Now what would this have anything to do with customer service?.....Answer is money invested. No one in their right mind would invest so much money into a business only to fail due to poor customer service. It is very apparent that Apollo has made a large investment!

So how can this apply to small B&M online shops? Not easy, but there are things one can look at. What does the website look like, is it well designed? The review section is something I take with a grain of salt but it does pay to read. Another way is to start a communication with product/service questions, how do they respond to it. Another is inventory. If a site has a limited inventory chances are they do not have the capital to invest in more products and/or pay the taxes on said inventory, especially if it moves slow. OFC space is another reason for small inventories, but how does this play a role? By not having the cash flow or capital to have a larger facility but does not indicate poor service, however it can affect the staff hired, one reason there are many "dummies" working as reps/clerks. None of this is cast in stone as there are many small operations that are great, but can be of help in selecting vendors.

Sorry for the long winded diatribe, just have time to burn but perhaps readers will take some of this into account and not make purchases solely based on price and product lines.
505d2e1d76e05cd7abc25b5c5ffde785.jpg
:D:lol:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
One thing I do when it comes to vendors, is I try to research as much as I can about them and I can happily say so far so good. But one thing in regards to Apollo was the website and the video doc on the liquid manufacturing process...Now what would this have anything to do with customer service?.....Answer is money invested. No one in their right mind would invest so much money into a business only to fail due to poor customer service. It is very apparent that Apollo has made a large investment!

So how can this apply to small B&M online shops? Not easy, but there are things one can look at. What does the website look like, is it well designed? The review section is something I take with a grain of salt but it does pay to read. Another way is to start a communication with product/service questions, how do they respond to it. Another is inventory. If a site has a limited inventory chances are they do not have the capital to invest in more products and/or pay the taxes on said inventory, especially if it moves slow. OFC space is another reason for small inventories, but how does this play a role? By not having the cash flow or capital to have a larger facility but does not indicate poor service, however it can affect the staff hired, one reason there are many "dummies" working as reps/clerks. None of this is cast in stone as there are many small operations that are great, but can be of help in selecting vendors.

Sorry for the long winded diatribe, just have time to burn but perhaps readers will take some of this into account and not make purchases solely based on price and product lines. View attachment 484819 :D:lol:
Agree with it all. This one is a contest win...they were very involved the entire MONTH the contest ran, and with only 5 of us in it for the long haul, it was probably easy for them to keep up. However, nice the contest ended, all contact stopped, I've gotten so many excuses, and the last email he flat out lied. It does not bode well for a good review and further purchases, no matter how good the juice might be.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Agree with it all. This one is a contest win...they were very involved the entire MONTH the contest ran, and with only 5 of us in it for the long haul, it was probably easy for them to keep up. However, nice the contest ended, all contact stopped, I've gotten so many excuses, and the last email he flat out lied. It does not bode well for a good review and further purchases, no matter how good the juice might be.
If I did not know any better it sounds like a classic "bait and switch"! Just in this case, the contest was held just to gain interest and not provide the prizes....Hope it all ends up for the better!:thumb::)

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
If I did not know any better it sounds like a classic "bait and switch"! Just in this case, the contest was held just to gain interest and not provide the prizes....Hope it all ends up for the better!:thumb::)
Last Friday, I was notified all winners' prizes had been shipped. 2 got their juice yesterday via FedEx overnight, so that just kind of bites them in the behind. Mine was the grand prize, 9 30ml bottles of my choice. email today blames ECF admin, saying they offered flavors that weren't ready yet. Another bite....ECF has no say in the prizes, and it was their own supplier admin that said on the contest thread that new flavors were available for choosing. I realize that the contests are a great marketing tool for vendors, and that I shouldn't look a gift donkey in the mouth, but whether I win or lose a contest, I DO watch to see how the service by vendors is, and how people like what they won. My vape budget is very limited, and I try and make sure my dollars are spent wisely. I pay attention to things like customer service.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
So, long story short (too late, I know), I just wanted to say how much good customer service is noticed and appreciated. Back to our regularly scheduled vape discussions while we wait to see the contents of the last prize box...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread