DIY Disaster!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Thanks for this Caterpillar. I once got a freebie from a major vendor. I usually DIY or vape unflavored (@50/50 or 25/75) and never had any reaction. I tried this sample and about 5 minutes later this

"
First I went a bit hot and cold. Then my forehead broke out in a proper sweet.

I felt faint and had some shortness of breath. Hoped I wasn't about to go down, and tried to push through.

I certainly felt anxious and jittery."

My tee-shirt was soaked in sweat.

It was a scarey 15-30 before the effects left. Scarey is not even the right term. That was about a year or 2 ago. I never figured out what it was, but stopped ordering liquids online and just kept at DIY. I dumped mine as soon as I was able to get up from the chair.

I know to stay away from Koolada or the cooling ones. Menthol doesn't give me any problems though as my typical unflavored does have some menthol or sulcrose added as does some of my flavored mixes.

@bluecat
Yes, it's an awful feeling alright.

I'm vaping some DIY now with a strong Spearmint whith no issue, and to be fair the "cooling agent" had virually no taste, just a very powerful cold mouth and throat sensation.

Koolada is probably fine in very small percentages, but I'll never be able to vape it again, that's for sure. Lol.

Glad you got past your bad experience and kept with vaping. :)

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
So, finally, I've made the switch and am now only vaping DIY.

I can't say I've created any world class blends just yet, but I'm enjoying the process.

I'm also enjoying that even when calculating my start up cost (graduated cylinders, oral syringes, nicotine test kits, large storage box, etc..), I'm now vaping my juice for $2.45 per 30ml. :)

Prior to this I'd been paying $27 USD per 30ml, which is the standard price here for US imported juice.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
@bluecat Koolada is probably fine in very small percentages, but I'll never be able to vape it again, that's for sure.

Back in the early '70's I worked at Wonder Bread. On of my jobs was to insert the filling into Twinkies. I still can't stand to even smell one, let alone eat one. :eek:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
So, finally, I've made the switch and am now only vaping DIY.

I can't say I've created any world class blends just yet, but I'm enjoying the process.

I'm also enjoying that even when calculating my start up cost (graduated cylinders, oral syringes, nicotine test kits, large storage box, etc..), I'm now vaping my juice for $2.45 per 30ml. :)

Prior to this I'd been paying $27 USD per 30ml, which is the standard price here for US imported juice.

The savings are just one of the benefits and the best benefit is you have total control over what goes into your body and don't have to worry about how the other guy is making your juice. The types of juices you can make are endless and best of all it's lots fun.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Huge Bump for conclusion!

So in the end my DIY made me sick again:(

After a couple of days I started to get this sort of hot head feeling each evening (not quite a flush or a fever), I didn't connect it to vaping and pushed on.

A couple more days and I had a series of dizzy spells, and outbreaks of anxiety, almost felt like the onset of a heart attack.

I quite the DIY juice on the 5th day, felt tired and sick, as though I was slowly poisoning myself.

Even going back to shop bought juice it took another 3 days before I started to feel better.

Vaped shop bought for 10 days and felt great.

I've now binned everything I purchased locally, the nic base, PG, VG, flavourings, the lot.

I've replaced the Nic base, PG and VG from the US, and have been happily vaping unflavoured for the last week.

It costs an extra $120 USD per 66x 30ml of 12mg juice to DIY from US purchased ingredients, but for me it's proven worth it,

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I'm glad you got it sorted out but man what a work out! I followed this thread from the beginning and you got run through the mill. Personally, after the first incident I would have had to trash what ever that vendor had sold me. Peppery nic. and wrong product? Run away! Even though the owner was nice, that is just to shaky.

Perhaps you can order some flavors from the states. They are a lot cheaper to ship and some simple one flavor mixes would go a long way.

Reactions: Caterpiller

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
I'm glad you got it sorted out but man what a work out! I followed this thread from the beginning and you got run through the mill. Personally, after the first incident I would have had to trash what ever that vendor had sold me. Peppery nic. and wrong product? Run away! Even though the owner was nice, that is just to shaky.

Perhaps you can order some flavors from the states. They are a lot cheaper to ship and some simple one flavor mixes would go a long way.

Thanks @Capt.shay

It's certainly has been a bumpy road, and I felt like turning round and sticking to shop bought more than once.

Glad I stuck with it though.

I've now ordered 15x 30ml bottles of TFA flavourings from my US supplier. Should arrive in 10 days to two weeks.

Once this arrives I'll have well over a year's supply of everything, and will get back to my plan of developing some long steeped low flavour percentage juices.

All's well that ends well.

Thanks for sticking with this thread, I know it was a long one. :)

Reactions: COHgirl

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks @Capt.shay

It's certainly has been a bumpy road, and I felt like turning round and sticking to shop bought more than once.

Glad I stuck with it though.

I've now ordered 15x 30ml bottles of TFA flavourings from my US supplier. Should arrive in 10 days to two weeks.

Once this arrives I'll have well over a year's supply of everything, and will get back to my plan of developing some long steeped low flavour percentage juices.

All's well that ends well.

Thanks for sticking with this thread, I know it was a long one. :)

Inawera also has some really excellent flavors, and purchasing from Poland may be easier for you; not as far away as the US. I'm awaiting some Inawera Shisha Strawberry from http://e-aromashop.com/ -- really excellent prices on Inawera flavors there, and they also offer the bigger sizes -- I use a lot of that flavor, 16% in my recipe, so I had to order from them (or another Polish vendor) rather than a US source, who only carry smaller sizes.

Andria

VapeFlavor

Unresolved Status
Nov 18, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread