Popping and spitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmb821

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2014
Popping and spitting is fairly normal for twisted coils. I find either more power/airflow or thinner juices seem to help. All those twists creat pockets for juice to sit. When you hit the power button, bam! I tend to press the button a split second before I take a drag, seems to help prevent hot juice burning my mouth.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
I just made my 1st twisted coil nickel build, although it works awesome in experiencing some popping and spitting. What can i do to stop this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take your finger off the fire button. Popping and spitting pretty much stop immediately.

Serious answer, I tend to hit the fire button and gently blow into the driptip for a second. that seems to alleviate most of the spitting I get and allows the coil to get up to temp before Im inhaling. With twisted coils the juice collects in the crevices and crannies and once you hit to button it starts boiling and exploding. By allowing the coil to come up to temp it seems to vaporize better allowing for a smoother less poppy vape.

As always, YMMV.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I just made my 1st twisted coil nickel build, although it works awesome in experiencing some popping and spitting. What can i do to stop this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact or spaced coil at what ohm rate and how much power being fed to the coil and how much air?

I find a contact coil will pop and spit more than a spaced coil. I also find that when a coil is spitting, if I tweak the wattage up or down a hair it will sometimes cure it. (I use a Kick, no led) Sometimes I will change the Air control or the way I draw. A little puff through the atty or a hard draw, with or without firing, can disperse the puddles also.

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi
Take your finger off the fire button. Popping and spitting pretty much stop immediately.

Serious answer, I tend to hit the fire button and gently blow into the driptip for a second. that seems to alleviate most of the spitting I get and allows the coil to get up to temp before Im inhaling. With twisted coils the juice collects in the crevices and crannies and once you hit to button it starts boiling and exploding. By allowing the coil to come up to temp it seems to vaporize better allowing for a smoother less poppy vape.

As always, YMMV.
Love your answer.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
Twisted coils tend to pop and spit, especially if you aren't using enough wick. Make sure your wick maintains good contact throughout the coil throughout its saturation range. Place your coil 1.5-3mm from the air inlet into your atty. If you have a bottom flow atty try mounting chimney coils and wicking around the outside of the coil. This way pops and spits get shot into heated coil and re-vaporize.

Attachments

• nixonchimn.jpeg
    nixonchimn.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread