Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
That is a killer sweet mod! And one of the few dna200's at the top of my wish I could afford list
I was checking out the hcigar one too, but I heard that hcigar decided to use a proprietary battery. With the Vaporshark, at least it uses a fairly standard LiPo pack, so it should be easy to replace the battery when the time comes.

Reactions: redrebel821

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
That's exactly who most of them want to attract :p
That demographic has the most disposable funds :p
My niece had posted a link to this Youtube video on Facebook. It's pretty hilarious.

The first type is the Asian Baby Girl......who can be seen at car shows modeling import cars, working as go go dancers and working at vape shops (it must be a California thing).

Reactions: USMCotaku

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Which vaporshark is smaller, the dna40 or rdna40? Cause I still wouldn't mind that one :p
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.
The DNA40 is slightly smaller. But that is because the rDNA40 has a removable battery. You slide off the magnetic battery door, and you can swap out the battery (it comes with a HE2 battery). With the DNA40, when the battery dies, you have to ship it back to Vaporshark and they replace the battery for you for $25.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Hydrophobic coating... I saw that on the options, and the first thing that popped into my tiny little brain was RABIES!!!!! :lol: I wouldn't want that, either! LOL!
I have the coating on the rDNA40, but I'm pretty careful about having juice leak all over the mod, so it is pretty useless for me.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
This was dinner........the ribeye was cooked perfectly at medium rare.
20150829_183203.jpg

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The thing which sucks about using an RDA for nickel builds is the coil gets gunked up after a couple of days, and since you can't dry burn TC wire, you basically have to do a new build. Just did a single coil build on the Velocity clone. 24 gauge ni200, 11-1/2 wraps, measured out to be 0.07 ohms, went back to trying wicking with rayon. The tricky part was bending the legs inward (as you can see it isn't a very clean bend).
View attachment 485233
What I have noticed doing a build like this, the flavor is muted as compared to having the coil right up against the air holes.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Maybe you guys can rent the equipment and do the work yourselves? IDK? Maybe with the help of some friends?

I think you said your FIL owns the house... maybe it is something homeowners insurance will partially cover?

Just trying to think of ideas to lessen the cost :)
Okay, now that I'm slightly more awake and hubby went on break, I can give more info.

FIL came today to check where we said the leak was. At this point, we've pretty much had to replace the entire pipe system in the house because at one point or another, most of the metal pipes have gone out. Just haven't gotten to the ones in the ground. Since we've had to redo all the pipes, my FIL knows exactly where everything is including the pipe running directly to the house from the city. He is going to cap the old pipe off that is leaking and just run straight from the main pipe into the other side of the house with new stuff. So it doesn't seem like it is going to be as expensive or tough as I originally thought; just need to wait for him to get the chance to do it.

Also, my kitchen sink has been having issues draining slowly the past few months. I've tried snaking the pipes and cleaning the trap and a few other things, but it never fully fixed it. I also always complained that the sink was really shallow and the faucet was really low. I took a nap to wake up to a draining sink with a new deep sink and a nice tall faucet! I think I stared at it excitedly for 15 minutes. The things I get excited about as an adult.. lol.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Okay, now that I'm slightly more awake and hubby went on break, I can give more info.

FIL came today to check where we said the leak was. At this point, we've pretty much had to replace the entire pipe system in the house because at one point or another, most of the metal pipes have gone out. Just haven't gotten to the ones in the ground. Since we've had to redo all the pipes, my FIL knows exactly where everything is including the pipe running directly to the house from the city. He is going to cap the old pipe off that is leaking and just run straight from the main pipe into the other side of the house with new stuff. So it doesn't seem like it is going to be as expensive or tough as I originally thought; just need to wait for him to get the chance to do it.

Also, my kitchen sink has been having issues draining slowly the past few months. I've tried snaking the pipes and cleaning the trap and a few other things, but it never fully fixed it. I also always complained that the sink was really shallow and the faucet was really low. I took a nap to wake up to a draining sink with a new deep sink and a nice tall faucet! I think I stared at it excitedly for 15 minutes. The things I get excited about as an adult.. lol.
Are you on city sewer or septic tank?

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area

Decent plumbing is such a wonderful thing! I'm so happy the fix will be easier and cheaper than you originally thought!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
It sure feels good to be back in this thread. Just left Walmart, and the checker made me CRY! WTH! I made an honest mistake, apologized profusely, and he was unrelenting. Ugh. I feel safe in here with you guys, though. :)
That is absolutely ridiculous! What a jerk! I am sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread