Status
Not open for further replies.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
You did a really good job answering all those questions on Martini night, buddy!!!
51RFCJ6ZZWL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg

Now, we just need someone to come along who has some suggestions for you. I wish I could help, and I would not be happy with what you are experiencing.
Thank you! ...I try hard ...and Deano is my FAV! ...That said, the mention of Martini's might play a role in this issue!
cd4680b6.x50.gif

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
I noticed when priming that these little TC coils can soak up a good amount of juice. Quite a bit more than Subtank coils. I also noticed that when outside in 95° F weather that the 40w seems like it's delivering more power , as soon as I was in my truck and the AC cooled the air, the power seemed to return to the level I set indoors. This is with the resistance locked. Like the temp sensing part of the chip was not able to cope with temp extremes?

Reactions: Cheechako

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I noticed when priming that these little TC coils can soak up a good amount of juice. Quite a bit more than Subtank coils. I also noticed that when outside in 95° F weather that the 40w seems like it's delivering more power , as soon as I was in my truck and the AC cooled the air, the power seemed to return to the level I set indoors. This is with the resistance locked. Like the temp sensing part of the chip was not able to cope with temp extremes?
That is an interesting point! My car does run better in cold weather, not that has is anything close to a electrical device but there is some merit in that. Heat can rob energy from many things for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheechako

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Little bit off topic (just a little, though), but has anyone used or heard anything about the Kangside KSD Mini 25w? Kangside's Vamo line are all pretty solid devices.

This one measures 60 x 42 x 22 mm, has an internal 1600mah battery (FastTech lists it as 1800 mah and with dimensioms of 59.5x40x22 mm), and fires down to 0.2 ohms with 25 watt max power output. The form factor and features seem a great match for the short, squat, fat little GS Tank. Should make for a kit under 110 mm, including the tall stock drip tip. Maybe just over 100mm with your own. Heck, rebuild coils down to 0.5 ohms with this mod and rock on...

And the price is right at a hair over $21... interesting, very interesting.

They also make one with a removable 18350 that's a few mm shorter, but two mm fatter... not as much battery life, either.

$21.03 Kangside KSD Mini 25W 1800mAh VV/VW Variable Voltage/Wattage APV Mod - 2-8.5V / 7-25W / aluminum at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

huge smoke portable super mini 25W box mod-Kangside ecig factory Kangside electronic cigarette the leader of brand ecig all over the world KSD brand e cigarette website ecig website

Last edited:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Well after much trial and error I have come to the conclusion this GS Air M needs to be no more than 60% full for a good vape. All I can think of is it is a vacuum issue...? But for the cost, it is as close to a Nauty as you will find. I like it but I guess I only qualify as 1/2 an airhead! View attachment 486473
Yep. I noticed this too. For me it's more along the lines of 75% full with a thinner juice like Reaper Blend. Counterintuitively, heavy VG juices work better when the tank is more full... maybe 85ish percent. Weird. Some fluid dynamics physics stuff at work there, I suppose (no idea, really... my Bachelor's degree and upcoming Master's are CERTAINLY not in physics). Most clearos, particularly the sub ohm variety, operate better with a small pocket of air, usually about 10-25% of the tank volume, and also ususally designed in by the manufacturer; they make it so that the tanks can't be completely filled... for the bottom fill variety, anyhow.

I just got used to this and only fill tanks about 3/4 full, just to provide that air pocket. The GS Air MS and M are a little picker than most... the Tank and the original, not so much.

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Yep. I noticed this too. For me it's more along the lines of 75% full with a thinner juice like Reaper Blend. Counterintuitively, heavy VG juices work better when the tank is more full... maybe 85ish percent. Weird. Some fluid dynamics physics stuff at work there, I suppose (no idea, really... my Bachelor's degree and upcoming Master's are CERTAINLY not in physics). Most clearos, particularly the sub ohm variety, operate better with a small pocket of air, usually about 10-25% of the tank volume, and also ususally designed in by the manufacturer; they make it so that the tanks can't be completely filled... for the bottom fill variety, anyhow.

I just got used to this and only fill tanks about 3/4 full, just to provide that air pocket. The GS Air MS and M are a little picker than most... the Tank and the original, not so much.
You really can't fill these tanks all the way up anyway. I always have about 1/3 of empty space in mine after filling. This is at least, true of the GS Airs. I don't have an M or any other type of GS tank.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Little bit off topic (just a little, though), but has anyone used or heard anything about the Kangside KSD Mini 25w? Kangside's Vamo line are all pretty solid devices.

Interesting to see that they have a built-in battery one...

I have been considering the replaceable 18350 one ($16.99 w free shipping).

(The 18350 is only 800mAh...but carrying an extra 18350 in my pocket wouldn't take up too much space...)

Original Kangside KSD Vamo Box 25W VW Mod-16.99 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Amazon.com: Efest IMR 18350 800mAh 3.7v Rechargeable High Drain Flat Top Battery [2 cells]: Health & Personal Care

Reactions: Cloudmann

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC

(The 18350 is only 800mAh...but carrying an extra 18350 in my pocket wouldn't take up too much space...)

Amazon.com: Efest IMR 18350 800mAh 3.7v Rechargeable High Drain Flat Top Battery [2 cells]: Health & Personal Care
I thought so too, but the extra 4 mm in height makes up for doubling battery life, especially considering how often the battery door would be opened (and worn out). Also, I'm a bit skeptical about firing low resistance builds on an 18350... I won't likely build a 0.2 ohm on anything that small, but if the device supports it, batteries should be available to do it efficiently. A 0.5 ohm build on most high drain 18350s will suck the battery dry in no time. A lower build will positively wipe the batteries out. The 18500 in the KSD Mini serves that purpose well.

Reactions: gerrymi

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC

I dunno, you have me thinking, now... these might do the trick:
Amazon.com: IMR 18350 1200mAh 3.7V High Drain LiMn Demonfire Rechargeable Battery with Button Top (2 Pieces): Electronics
They're 10.5 amp batteries, and at 25 watts can handle a 0.3 ohm build. Still only 1200mah, though, so battery life would suffer with lower builds. You do get a pair, though.

The 24mm width of the mod might make it a bit boxier in the hand, however.

Reactions: gerrymi

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Nope, it has 2 holes. I think it's a Smok product that may be no longer made. Smok's newer carts are 1.5 or 2.5 ohm from what I can tell.
It's a beast, whatever it is. Try her out with a tank. I still rock my old Bayou tank (with a much shorter, standard length carto) from time to time... whenever I bother to buy some 1.5 ohm LR cartos. If I can find them slotted or pre punched, that's great... if not I have a carto punch. And a carto tank filling tool is nice, too.

Reactions: SUPER K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread