• Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Duplicate post

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Vision Spinner II

457-all-available-vision-spinner-2-II-vv-variable-voltage-1600ma-1650ma-battery-colours.jpg

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner

Last edited:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Better pen than what?

Just so you know, I recommend an Istick for first time users. It's not in a pen form, but it is a small battery. Your device will be shorter than a vape pen, but it will be more durable. Vape pens tend to bend easier if put into pockets, and it tends to put more strain on the atomizer. So, an Istick 30 is my first recommendation.

IF you insist on the pen format, get something that offers variable voltage. I consider the Itaste VV top on that list. It retains the small thickness of the pen format, but it is squared, which means it won't roll off the desk, can switch to Variable Voltage OR variable wattage, and it has enough power to run anything that a pen can run. It's not the cheapest, but it has a higher quality.

Reactions: thetrucker

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Duplicate post

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi there. when I first started I used the spinner. then the spinner 2 came out. they were built better than egos and had a bigger battery and lasted longer. Then I went to my beloved box mods. you might consider starting with a box mod. They have huge batteries (most 4000/5000 mah now) they will have protection but less restrictions giving you room to grow. just a thought..

FloGrown

Aug 6, 2015
If your reason for penstyle is size/form then I would definately suggest an EgoOne, either a mini (850) or standard (1100). They have a great size and battery life w/ plenty of power. My mini is less than 110mm long by 16mm diam. It is a bit heavier than a pen style but shorter and WELL worth it. I am not a huge fan of sub ohm hype and pref a tank with good flavor vs big clouds. If thats you and the 1.0ohm avail for EgoOnes doesnt cut it for you, you can put an Eleaf GS16s tank (or GS16-bit longer, holds more) on the mini and it gives a great flavor and is much easier to fill (coils are cheap too :) )or theres several that fit the 1100mah battery like the Aspire Nautilus (mini I think). A 650mah pen style battery takes 2 to get me thru the day whereas an 850 gets me thru all or might have to throw on charger during dinner for a bit, but now when I use a pen style 650 ego battery it just seems completely lacking. Def worth a look IMHO. Good luck!!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
....... I have some good vaporfi pens but they are an unholy word on the board here, so pretend I didn't say anything about those outrageously high costing products

Ahh... you got me there. If the Kanger pens are good, then the Vaporfi pens must also be good.

whoops.

"I wish to make it clear that Vaporfi would never sell exactly the same product as an item assembled or sold under the Kanger branding. Vaporfi have their own R&D and their own factories, in fact... my sources tell me they have their own China (the entire country) in a parallel dimension that can only appear to those with large bank balances".

Would you believe it. A hypothetical self-contained separate reality where green O-rings make all the difference.

"Love Vaping, love Kanger... The way of the truth, is it" Yoda. 2015. :)

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Ahh... you got me there. If the Kanger pens are good, then the Vaporfi pens must also be good.

whoops.

"I wish to make it clear that Vaporfi would never sell exactly the same product as an item assembled or sold under the Kanger branding. Vaporfi have their own R&D and their own factories, in fact... my sources tell me they have their own China (the entire country) in a parallel dimension that can only appear to those with large bank balances".

Would you believe it. A hypothetical self-contained separate reality where green O-rings make all the difference.

"Love Vaping, love Kanger... The way of the truth, is it" Yoda. 2015. :)

yeah I was in a parallel dimension for ever buying from them in the first place....... But back in those days I was a total newbie trying to get away from those expensive cigg-a-likes...... Even vaporfi is a step up from cigg-a-likes ...err sort of?

Their PR campaigns are good at suckering in the newbies like I was. You got to hand it to them, they are good at suckering newbies in.

Reactions: djsvapour
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread