Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
image.jpeg
o wow. her story made me cry. I'm so happy you saved her!!
Max and his girlfriend, Reba. Until laws are changed to stop unethical and backyard breeders, as well as abusing animals, we fight to save as many as possible. People are cruel, but abusing the mist helpless consigns them to a special place in hell.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Here where I live, a neighbor is on a committee in a nearby town that after many decades is getting it's first animal shelter. Prior to that I assume the animals where shipped off to KC or Omaha. That said, she posted some things the shelter needed and one of the items needed were beds that dogs could lay on and remain off the floor(cold). I purchased one for the new shelter, I figured I could afford that so I did. There are many items needed that cost far less. But I did my best to assist, hopefully there will be at least ONE HAPPY pup in the new shelter!:D

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Here where I live, a neighbor is on a committee in a nearby town that after many decades is getting it's first animal shelter. Prior to that I assume the animals where shipped off to KC or Omaha. That said, she posted some things the shelter needed and one of the items needed were beds that dogs could lay on and remain off the floor(cold). I purchased one for the new shelter, I figured I could afford that so I did. There are many items needed that cost far less. But I did my best to assist, hopefully there will be at least ONE HAPPY pup in the new shelter!:D
So many are just killed, not because of anything they did, but because of irresponsible humans. Spay and neuter programs aren't always enough, and it makes me grind my teeth and scream when people like my neighbors refuse to neuter their cat, then complain because they have 6-8 litters of kittens being born under their deck. The bed was an incredibly generous gift. So many of these animals end up on a cold concrete floor covered in filth.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
So many are just killed, not because of anything they did, but because of irresponsible humans. Spay and neuter programs aren't always enough, and it makes me grind my teeth and scream when people like my neighbors refuse to neuter their cat, then complain because they have 6-8 litters of kittens being born under their deck. The bed was an incredibly generous gift. So many of these animals end up on a cold concrete floor covered in filth.
I know one dog ...... off at me though..now passed on German Wirehair, she had to lay on straw in a kennel outside with a dog door into the garage. It is quite the setup, warm and out of the weather but she only had straw and a few blankets. :lol:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I know one dog ...... off at me though..now passed on German Wirehair, she had to lay on straw in a kennel outside with a dog door into the garage. It is quite the setup, warm and out of the weather but she only had straw and a few blankets. :lol:
She was luckier than a lot, and how sad is that?

Wait...not your dog? Lol.....I know a few Huskies that when out in the snow refused to come in...lol...

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
True...But she had it made in the shade...so to speak. Straw is actually very comfy and easy to change out when it gets dirty. I have been on a few hay rack rides in my youth....the good ole days....I had no complaints! View attachment 496465 View attachment 496466
I was just kidding about her being outside...lol....a lot of dogs would love to have a set up that good. We have a turd that lives one street over that leaves his big BLACk dog on a 3' tether in his back yard with NO shade, and an empty water bowl a bowl about 2' out of reach. The poor thing...this is HOUSTON...I've called cops, animal control, humane society and SPCA so many times I have them on speed dial. Because the turd puts a lock on his gate, no one can do anything. Seems they either got rid of the dog, or started keeping it inside, because someone I know called as a back up to me and said a commando raid over the fence was not out of the question.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
When I lived in California, our local animal shelter was a beautiful facility.
o.jpg

It helped that it was in the same campus as city hall and the police department and that it was located in Silicon Valley, so it did get a nice bit of funding. They also work very closely with breed rescues. If you look at the picture just to the right of the front door, that is an enclosed area protected from the elements that contains a wall of animal cages. That area is for people to drop off animals after hours. The city also had restrictions on the number of dogs that you could own. Each household was limited to 2 dogs unless the owner was actually licensed as a breeder by the city. If your dog was fixed, then the annual dog license was only $20, however if the dog was not, then the dog license was $100.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
That ruined my day to read that. So sorry :(

I'm one who can't even watch a Sarah Mclachlan ASPCA commercial. It pains me too much to think of what animals are put through by humans.
I know what you mean! I actually used those commercials in my course work when we were talking about effective propaganda, lol. How can you not be affected by those commercials? :(

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I cry, too...because I've seen too much of it firsthand in rescue. Beasts favorite girlfriend was one of my most memorable pulls/transports. She was originally adopted by a young man from an illegal breeder. He got her home, realized she wasn't house trained or even socialized, and would just pace the room from corner to corner with her head against the wall. He wasn't prepared for that, and contacted our rescue. She needed more help than he could give. I drove and got her, she was filthy, matted, covered in her own mess and had one eye starting to bulge. She went straight to medical boarding, ended up having multiple fatty rumors removed so she could walk easier, went on steroids for her eye, which continued to worsen and start to affect the other eye. She made little progress being socialized. For weeks I made a 2 hour drive to go visit her and hang out bribing her with treats. She ended up in medical foster with 2 of my close friends, and eventually had to have both eyes removed shortly before they formally adopted her.She's doing amazing, and made the trip over from Louisiana a while back to come play in the mud with the other Huskies. Max did not leave her side, and headed off any dogs that came up on her too quickly. Since then, she has started to play with her 2Husky brothers, will go up and down stairs, and has started to talk a wee bit, even though it appears an attempt to debark her was done prior to us getting her. Oh, yes....and she's a diva now! If I never save another dog, she will be my greatest accomplishment during rescue.
I love this SO MUCH!!!!!! She is such a lucky girl to have so many people who care. What a wonderful, amazing rescue story. It's so great to hear the end result of a rescue like that. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
View attachment 496460 Max and his girlfriend, Reba. Until laws are changed to stop unethical and backyard breeders, as well as abusing animals, we fight to save as many as possible. People are cruel, but abusing the mist helpless consigns them to a special place in hell.
Awww, she's adorable! Max looks so proud of her. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
What a beautiful gift! I am sure that bed will make more than one pup comfortable while they are there. Every dog deserves a soft place to sleep. :)

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
View attachment 496460 Max and his girlfriend, Reba. Until laws are changed to stop unethical and backyard breeders, as well as abusing animals, we fight to save as many as possible. People are cruel, but abusing the mist helpless consigns them to a special place in hell.
they are adorable together!!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
When I lived in California, our local animal shelter was a beautiful facility.
View attachment 496470
It helped that it was in the same campus as city hall and the police department and that it was located in Silicon Valley, so it did get a nice bit of funding. They also work very closely with breed rescues. If you look at the picture just to the right of the front door, that is an enclosed area protected from the elements that contains a wall of animal cages. That area is for people to drop off animals after hours. The city also had restrictions on the number of dogs that you could own. Each household was limited to 2 dogs unless the owner was actually licensed as a breeder by the city. If your dog was fixed, then the annual dog license was only $20, however if the dog was not, then the dog license was $100.
What a great idea! I hate to think of these poor animals being dropped off after hours and having to wait in a cage for hours, but it is way better than them running around loose and getting hurt! I love how strict the town is on animal licensing and control. I imagine it helps a lot!

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
And that's a GOOD thing....if anything ever happens to her mamas, she's coming to me. Yes, we name people to take our dogs in a crisis.
so do we. i have standing arrangements on mine and have three I will take in if the need, god forbid, ever arises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread