Not open for further replies.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
image.jpg

Just keepin an eye out for the next winner ;)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I cry, too...because I've seen too much of it firsthand in rescue. Beasts favorite girlfriend was one of my most memorable pulls/transports. She was originally adopted by a young man from an illegal breeder. He got her home, realized she wasn't house trained or even socialized, and would just pace the room from corner to corner with her head against the wall. He wasn't prepared for that, and contacted our rescue. She needed more help than he could give. I drove and got her, she was filthy, matted, covered in her own mess and had one eye starting to bulge. She went straight to medical boarding, ended up having multiple fatty rumors removed so she could walk easier, went on steroids for her eye, which continued to worsen and start to affect the other eye. She made little progress being socialized. For weeks I made a 2 hour drive to go visit her and hang out bribing her with treats. She ended up in medical foster with 2 of my close friends, and eventually had to have both eyes removed shortly before they formally adopted her.She's doing amazing, and made the trip over from Louisiana a while back to come play in the mud with the other Huskies. Max did not leave her side, and headed off any dogs that came up on her too quickly. Since then, she has started to play with her 2Husky brothers, will go up and down stairs, and has started to talk a wee bit, even though it appears an attempt to debark her was done prior to us getting her. Oh, yes....and she's a diva now! If I never save another dog, she will be my greatest accomplishment during rescue.
That is heartbreaking. I am so glad you saved her and she is doing good :)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
View attachment 496460 Max and his girlfriend, Reba. Until laws are changed to stop unethical and backyard breeders, as well as abusing animals, we fight to save as many as possible. People are cruel, but abusing the mist helpless consigns them to a special place in hell.
Awwwww! Max looks so sweet! Reba looks like a total sweetheart! I cannot believe she was abused like that.....it makes me cry.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Can you ship him to me? For the most part, I'm not even joking. :lol:
It was really hard to kiss him goodbye....usually I can give a hug and walk away...but this time was rough. He makes a whimper sound just like Max....and kept pawing me with one foot.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I have about 30 feet combined, you want it? I used it for my, now your PT2 and have no need for silica.:lol:
If you want to get rid of it, I'm running a coil exchange program at the dog park...lmaoooo...I kid you not! Her hubby calls me her dealer and says its nice of me to run a needle exchange program out in public like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread