• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help with Mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaperFett

Oct 9, 2015
Sup guys, im new here and this is my first post. So i kinda have some question as well.

Im currently using a ipv4s and a evic mini for daily usage at home and at work. Im thinking of getting a box mech mod actually, just to try it out and prolly have fun with it. Ive been eyeing on this Tugboat box mod actually. Design just look really cool to me. But the question is, is it worth it? Cause im aware that the price is quite steep for a box mech mod and im not really interested in getting a clone either. Any advice?

Thanks.

VaperFett

Oct 9, 2015
I think you'd find more enjoyment making your own unregulated box mod. But personal preference I suppose, technically you're paying premium for handicraft. Last but not least the performance of the unregulated box is as good as your construction of your coils on that particular mod.
Ahhh i get what you mean. Im using rda on both my mods right now. So i think shouldnt be a problem with all the coils and wicking. Only issue is whether is it right to pay the price just for the box haha

VaperFett

Oct 9, 2015
Saw a video of the tugboat mod and they opened the battery cover to show the insides of it. All i can think of was that thing is not worth $100++. I saw some brass mech mods that do look nice and shiny but their name escapes me as im still new to this.
Hahaha yea. What i saw was basically a bunch of wires and a rectangulur aluminium box. Its was only the splatter design that really caught my eyes

javafreak

Aug 13, 2015
Earth
Make your own. Cheaper and much more satisfying.

100% mech box mod. Dual 18650 in series format.

Not sure if it's just all the hard work, but it just taste better then my store bought mods.

0e759c8c839251ef7f926db03088c961.jpg

c42ed2157a681468414dcc1de3d09742.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: plumeofred

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
The price is not high at all compared to what we owned in the past. Each one costing our pockets at minimum 300usd. This tugboat is not bad. And you are actually paying for the design and workmanship.

To each its own, but if you ask me, I rather pay for design and safety than making one myself. Unless you are a qualified engineer.

Garlictoast

Sep 14, 2015
It is not that hard to make one yourself. We are so lucky to be living in the age of YouTube and all the ang mo forum kakis giving detailed instructions. If there is a will there is a way.

This. The hard part to me would probably getting the case for it. The electronic part of a mech mod is piss easy. Its only soldering a couple of wires

taps41

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Singapore
Sup guys, im new here and this is my first post. So i kinda have some question as well.

Im currently using a ipv4s and a evic mini for daily usage at home and at work. Im thinking of getting a box mech mod actually, just to try it out and prolly have fun with it. Ive been eyeing on this Tugboat box mod actually. Design just look really cool to me. But the question is, is it worth it? Cause im aware that the price is quite steep for a box mech mod and im not really interested in getting a clone either. Any advice?

Thanks.
Actually with ur evic mini u shld be able to use it in bypass mode, which is sort of a mech mod. Give it a try to see if u like it before getting an actual mech mod? My k100 still serves me well.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread