RDA I didn't know the Freakshow RDA leaked this bad. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
Greetings,
Recently picked up an eleaf iStick 100w and a Freakshow RDA. I watched a few reviews and they all stated this RDA doesn't leak if you just use it a certain way. The puddle below is what I found this morning. I take off the drip tip and aim for the center post. Dual coil.

After nearly a decade of vaping. I still have yet to use a device that doesn't leak on me. If you have any I'm all ears. (I don't pay $100 for an RDA though...)

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
What's your build look like? Make sure your wicks aren't anywhere near the airflow. I don't have a Freakshow mini, but I have the full sized Freakshow, and as long as I'm careful, I don't get leaking. That said, I haven't used it in months. To minimize leaking on the Freakshow I would build the coils close to the posts, not sure if that is the best way, but it worked for me.

Any bottom airflow RDA has a greater potential for leaking vs a side airflow or top airflow RDA, I don't care what anybody says, the potential for leaking is there.

Reactions: DeviantDigi

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
What's your build look like? Make sure your wicks aren't anywhere near the airflow. I don't have a Freakshow mini, but I have the full sized Freakshow, and as long as I'm careful, I don't get leaking. That said, I haven't used it in months. To minimize leaking on the Freakshow I would build the coils close to the posts, not sure if that is the best way, but it worked for me.

Any bottom airflow RDA has a greater potential for leaking vs a side airflow or top airflow RDA, I don't care what anybody says, the potential for leaking is there.

Yet another regrettable purchase for me. Which sucks, because it actually vapes well. I just noticed that black spot on my mousepad. Yeah, that is a juice spill from this.

I will have to try those tips. Thank you!

Edit: Vapes poorly with coils raised. So there is that.

Last edited:

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
The freakshow needs carefully wicked coils. You also don't need a lot of wick. The coil has to be centered over the airflow horizontally and it doesn't have to be raised much at all.
ABWyh8sh.jpg

jTCBRQhh.jpg

As you can see the coil is also set back a little, this helps my wick stay contained in well. The wick also barely touches the well, but that's just my personal preference. I drip on each tail near the coil and that's it. I think short wicks work well on many RDAs, I just happen to drip more often.

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
The freakshow needs carefully wicked coils. You also don't need a lot of wick. The coil has to be centered over the airflow horizontally and it doesn't have to be raised much at all.

As you can see the coil is also set back a little, this helps my wick stay contained in well. The wick also barely touches the well, but that's just my personal preference. I drip on each tail near the coil and that's it. I think short wicks work well on many RDAs, I just happen to drip more often.

Thanks for the tips Matty! Let's see how this goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread