• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Popping sound& hot liquid scald my lips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Less wick doesn't mean dry hits. Less wick means easy leaking and even more prone to spitbacks. Spitbacks are caused by excessive juice on the coils when the wicking is too thin. And upon firing, the juice on top of the coil will be shooting into your mouth directly. A wick too thick is the cause for dry hits because it suffocates the coil to the extent there is no space for the juice to go onto the wick.

As long as you master wicking, you do not even need a cool down period. I can go 10 long drags with a 1 sec cooldown to breathe before the next drag on a tank.

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Less wick doesn't mean dry hits. Less wick means easy leaking and even more prone to spitbacks. Spitbacks are caused by excessive juice on the coils when the wicking is too thin. And upon firing, the juice on top of the coil will be shooting into your mouth directly. A wick too thick is the cause for dry hits because it suffocates the coil to the extent there is no space for the juice to go onto the wick.

As long as you master wicking, you do not even need a cool down period. I can go 10 long drags with a 1 sec cooldown to breathe before the next drag on a tank.

Seems like I got more to learn haha! Just got into vaping and rebuilding. Just play around with the amount of wick and the way you wick. Might solve your spitback

NaughtyClownn

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Heard of the guy who weed oversea and got caught coming back? [emoji38]
Ya that one sure kena paotoh. They must have had a tip off. I find that rule very stupid though. What we do outside the borders should be legal. So what if it is in our system. It boils down to us not consuming in this lil red dot.

vapeanarchysavedmylife

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Ya that one sure kena paotoh. They must have had a tip off. I find that rule very stupid though. What we do outside the borders should be legal. So what if it is in our system. It boils down to us not consuming in this lil red dot.

vapeanarchysavedmylife

Suay also cause he still got weed in his blood when he came back haha

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City

Wha 10 drags with 1 sec cool down? mind sharing your wicking skills and tips? I'm pretty sure many of us here are super curious and want to learn too :)

Sent from vapour clouds above

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Make sure when you thread through cotton the coil does not shred, but it does not go through too loose. Secondly you want it to cover the juice channels, not protruding. Lastly, fluff your cottons at the ends so they become thinner and forms like an umbrella covering the juice channels. When juice flows, it should spread nicely across the thin shreds of fluffed up cotton and wicking is fast.

Reactions: Pouf

anotherchap

Oct 27, 2015
Make sure when you thread through cotton the coil does not shred, but it does not go through too loose. Secondly you want it to cover the juice channels, not protruding. Lastly, fluff your cottons at the ends so they become thinner and forms like an umbrella covering the juice channels. When juice flows, it should spread nicely across the thin shreds of fluffed up cotton and wicking is fast.

Awesome tip! I am going practice on getting it right! (Not much experience, only tried my hands at rebuilding 3 times so far, and if I submit that for appraisal, I'll probably get a "F" grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread