Subtank to replace Kanger subtank mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanshoo

Oct 12, 2015
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and have been vaping for 2-3 months. I look forward to hearing from all here!

I am currently using the subox which came with the subtank mini and I absolutely love the taste and vapour it produces. Having said this, I am consistently getting leakages through the airholes which I find extremely irritating. I'll constantly take out the coil and clean the inside of the air intake to ensure that I don't have any leakages but alas, it still continues!

FYI, I'm using the 1.2ohm coil with the one hit wonder milkman (80/20) at about 23w-25w.

As previously mentioned, I'm sick of cleaning the leaks and just want a new tank! Is there anything that has the same great taste and vapour production as the Kanger subtank WITHOUT the leakages?

Andygev35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Covington, Georgia
I'm using the OCC coils and can confirm that I've changed mine at least once every week.

So you've had the same result with multiple coils...

If you want a new tank in a similar price range, take a look at the Aspire Triton. It's a surprisingly good-quality mass-produced tank that can do everything from Tootle Puffing to sub-ohming, including temperature control. It even has an available RBA section.

Reactions: MikeyConti

Andygev35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Covington, Georgia
They each have their advantages... the Triton has great top-filling, but can't be completely disassembled for cleaning whereas the Atlantis can. Atlantis coils also fit the Triton. Just really depends on what you like. The Triton looks nicer IMHO, but as far as performance, there are many who own both and like one or the other better. It's a little subjective.

todd0864

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
USA
The only time my sub tank mini's leaked is when i was building my own coils. That said, they are both sitting on my desk unused because i picked up the Arctic and loved it. Then about a week ago i got the Tobeco Super Tank and i love this even more. It can use Triton Ni 200 coils. The only issue is replacing the coil, the bottom cap is soooo tight it can be hard to get off. But i feel the ability to top fill cancels that out. The super tank is not much to look at but the performance is top notch. I use it on my evic vt in temp mode.

Reactions: David Wolf

Sanshoo

Oct 12, 2015
Thanks everyone for the input.

I visited my local e cig shop and bought an Atlantis v2 which I have to say, does not taste as good as the subtank mini, but doesn't leak =D. The helpful staff also mentioned that they seem to only have this issue with the black subtank. I thought this was very odd but I've got both the silver subtank mini and the Atlantis. Once I fire up the subtank mini for a week, I'll let you all know how it goes!

Thanks again!

Reactions: David Wolf

Sanshoo

Oct 12, 2015
After using the Atlantis for the day, I can't see what all the fuss is about. The taste is good but not as great as the Kanger Subtank Mini. It may be that I'm using the 0.3 ohm coil and firing it at 40-45W. The coil should be able to fire up at that wattage but I usually have to take a big breath before I can feel anything at all!

I think it may just be a personal choice of tank but I'll keep the Atlantis v2 and test the other 0.5ohm coil. Aspire reccomend that this coil should be fired between 20w and 30WW. Has anyone ever tried the Atlantis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread