Subtank mini broken glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
SoCal
Today I decided to go grocery shopping to get ready for the upcoming holiday. I took my new IPV D2(love that little monster) and my trusty Subtank Mini. Now, I had broken the original glass trying to take it apart the first day! No worries, it came with an extra glass section so I was all good.

So there I am, driving to the store, hitting my vape like it owed me money (the Ni200 coils for the ST mini are great IMO) toss it in my pocket and go about my business. So I get back home and put all my groceries away sit on my couch and commence the vape-a-thon that is my Monday night football tradition when I suddenly realize...There's something on my ST mini...thats odd, did some plastic get stuck on it?...Upon inspection I see a huge crack from the top o-ring/gasket to about the middle of the tank! :censored:!!!! Full tank of juice (Shout out to QVapour, North Shore is all day/all month/all year vape) brand new coil and a shattered tank:(

None of my local B&M's carry the glass, can buy it online but would be waiting some time to get it... I do have a couple rda's but I don't like leaving the house with them because reasons. SIGH I guess I'll have to buy a new sub ohm tank as an early present from me to me...;) Thinking the Trition V2 or the new Herakles, which would be better?

numbskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
SoCal
First thought when i got my IPV was to get a black ST to match it, plus would be nice to have the new airflow and rba section.

Aromamizer is definitely on the wish list, but for now I'm looking for something in the $30 range and I've only found that guy in the 45-50 range

Think I'm going to place an order with FT soon, going to get some extra glass for the ST, will definitely toss a bell cap in the cart too though.

Thanks for the input all!! Cheers!:vapor:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
3670000-2.jpg

:thumbs:

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Today I decided to go grocery shopping to get ready for the upcoming holiday. I took my new IPV D2(love that little monster) and my trusty Subtank Mini. Now, I had broken the original glass trying to take it apart the first day! No worries, it came with an extra glass section so I was all good.

So there I am, driving to the store, hitting my vape like it owed me money (the Ni200 coils for the ST mini are great IMO) toss it in my pocket and go about my business. So I get back home and put all my groceries away sit on my couch and commence the vape-a-thon that is my Monday night football tradition when I suddenly realize...There's something on my ST mini...thats odd, did some plastic get stuck on it?...Upon inspection I see a huge crack from the top o-ring/gasket to about the middle of the tank! :censored:!!!! Full tank of juice (Shout out to QVapour, North Shore is all day/all month/all year vape) brand new coil and a shattered tank:(

None of my local B&M's carry the glass, can buy it online but would be waiting some time to get it... I do have a couple rda's but I don't like leaving the house with them because reasons. SIGH I guess I'll have to buy a new sub ohm tank as an early present from me to me...;) Thinking the Trition V2 or the new Herakles, which would be better?
I broke my original glass a while back, been using the spare, started to get worried about breaking it again so I ordered these suckers right here and no more worries :p..

$3.39 Replacement Glass Tank for SUBTANK Mini BDC Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: numbskull

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I hear the Triton 2 top fill is seizing up on them and you have to start using plyers to twist it open in a short period of time. Herakles is a good tank. Coming out in black but the last three times I ordered one in they were on backorder. Great tanks for the price. Nickel Herakles coils for them are not the best as they start to gurggle in two days. At least the box of replacement coils I had did. They were pretty much unvapeable. Atlantis/Triton coils work in them well. Saying this as I have never used my Herakles in watts, only on tempature control. It loves being on my eVic VT. Learned along time ago to match a tank to a mod when it is happy run with it. But you need a few different mods to do that. I do have a few. LOL CHEERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: numbskull

numbskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
SoCal
y not considering the Bellus or Billow V2?
Billow didn't really interest me, don't know why. As for the Bellus thats a maybe, aromamizer with the velocity deck got my interest because it is simple to build on. Would love both tbh, but the vape budget will only allow for one lol.

numbskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
SoCal
I hear the Triton 2 top fill is seizing up on them and you have to start using plyers to twist it open in a short period of time. Herakles is a good tank. Coming out in black but the last three times I ordered one in they were on backorder. Great tanks for the price. Nickel Herakles coils for them are not the best as they start to gurggle in two days. At least the box of replacement coils I had did. They were pretty much unvapeable. Atlantis/Triton coils work in them well. Saying this as I have never used my Herakles in watts, only on tempature control. It loves being on my eVic VT. Learned along time ago to match a tank to a mod when it is happy run with it. But you need a few different mods to do that. I do have a few. LOL CHEERS!
I know what you mean, my old IPV rocked the Atlantis v1 beautifully, but the D2 seems to really like my SubTank.
Never had the Triton, but I love the Herakles. You can get in black, too. My favorite "tank" however is the Aromamizer.
Triton V2 is Aspires successor to the Atlantis subohm tanks in a way. Herakles plus is out, and I have seen it a reasonable prices, but idk if the coils are compatible with atlantis/triton coils (still have a couple of those from before I gave mine away) but that is looking like a good option either way lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread