Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
*le sigh* I'm thinking me and the manager at work are gonna .... heads eventually. I'm not sure how he thinks we're supposed to convince customers to buy stuff...

We just got the innokin Disrupters in stock!

Only months after the other shop in town had them.

Seriously?

Our inventory is so behind the edge it's not even funny. Most of our regulars preorder their equipment online and just come in for juice and chill time.
Happening a lot at my local shop,too. I love them, but they are SOOOO overpriced!

Last edited:

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Happening a lot at my local shop,too. I love them, but they are SOOOO overpriced!
The other problem is when they do get something in stock that's new and hot, they only order 5-6. Like the Hannya rda. We sold out in less than a week cuz we only got six. Or the Kennedy. We got three white ones. Gone. Versus they ordered eight Swav rdas in white and ten in black and we haven't unloaded one! There is no rhyme or reason to their order method. And forget about reorders...

I'm not gonna start on their pricing. Let's just say they don't pay me enough to shop in house and leave it at that. :glare:

I'm actually scared of what is going to happen when the second store opens next month. I have a bad feeling about it. :confused:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Oh, yesterday I did get the chance to put my hands on a Reuleaux DNA200. One of the employees, Amir, at the shop had one. He said he vapes it at 25-30 watts and the batteries lasts him over two days. Ryan said he ordered 4 to sell in the store, but they only sent him 1, so he plans on holding a free drawing for the right to purchase it. Honestly, it feels super super comfortable in the hand and as for the weight, it isn't bad. With the three batteries, it doesn't seem to weigh much more than the Snow Wolf with the heavy glass sides.
I really want to hold one. It looks very ergonomic, and I bet that battery life would be incredible with three 3000 mah batteries in it!

Reactions: Seleya

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
This looks pretty awesome..
steampunk%20tat%20tattoo%2010.jpg

Yes it does! That would be very awesome!!! I love biomechanical. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I'm just coming up on six months of not smoking (YAY!) and I realized something yesterday. I can vape in the cold! Before, if it was below about 40 degrees, I couldn't smoke or I'd cough horribly. It was like my bronchial tubes just seized up and started clenching. So I always had to go without a cigarette while we were outside doing anything in the winter, and sometimes we're outside for extended periods. I was always wanting to go back in the house so I could smoke.

But now, I can take my mod out with me, and for instance, yesterday it was zero when I took Zipper outside first thing for her potty trip, and I realized I was standing out there vaping (the clouds were HUGE because it was so cold! LOL!), but I wasn't coughing! It wasn't uncomfortable at all. And WOWZA, it was WAY colder than my lowest smoking tolerance had been before.

I'm not sure if it's because the vapor is smoother, moister, and softer, or whether it's just the fact that I haven't breathed in any smoke in six months and my lungs are healing, but it sure is nice to be able to vape outside in the cold. This is a benefit I hadn't been expecting.

~Lannie
Congratulations on 6 months, Lannie! That's awesome!! :) And what a cool discovery! I bet it's because your lungs are healing combined with the fact that you aren't putting irritating smoke into them anymore. My husband coughs when I run the air conditioner in the car! Man, I wish he would quit smoking. :(

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The other problem is when they do get something in stock that's new and hot, they only order 5-6. Like the Hannya rda. We sold out in less than a week cuz we only got six. Or the Kennedy. We got three white ones. Gone. Versus they ordered eight Swav rdas in white and ten in black and we haven't unloaded one! There is no rhyme or reason to their order method. And forget about reorders...

I'm not gonna start on their pricing. Let's just say they don't pay me enough to shop in house and leave it at that. :glare:

I'm actually scared of what is going to happen when the second store opens next month. I have a bad feeling about it. :confused:
To play devil's advocate, it is better to order fewer and have to reorder than order too much and have inventory sitting there. Like yesterday, The Vapor Lounge sold out of all of the Aromamizer RDTA's they had in stock. The Hannya didn't sell as well (I bought one and someone else bought one also). Some people don't like the concept of having a postless build deck. I can see their argument as it is the stiffness of the coil legs that hold the coil up. I put in a Clapton build so the coil legs are a bit beefier than just a standard 26 gauge wire. I had shown the owner the Fishbone Plus and he mentioned that he was considering getting it in, but the manufacturer had a MOQ (minimum order quantity) of 50 so he decided against it. Carrying 50 in inventory is just too much of a risk. There are so many different RDA's out there in the market, you kinda have to take an educated guess on which ones to carry.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
FedEx just gave my mom the run around. She bought a saddle on ebay. Gave the seller the right address and phone number....seller sent it with the right address and phone number.....a few days later, FedEx is calling my 95 year old grandmother, trying to deliver it to her house. They chose that address randomly instead of the address ON THE PACKAGE, all because we had a package sent there in the last decade. Wonder how many packages are lost that way...being sent to an old address but no one related lives there anymore

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Oh man. The evil witch in me is coming out today. Went to Petco to try to exchange that heat mat. The manager was being the cashier. I asked him about it and he said that wasn't their policy. So I showed him the website I had pulled up on my phone that says they do. If he would've given me a good excuse, I would've let it go. Instead he had the audacity to call me a liar to my face and in front of a bunch of other people and said that was not their website.

This is a screenshot of their website. I showed him the actual website on my phone. You don't get to get away with calling me a liar and making a fool of me in front of a ton of people because you don't even know your own company policy.

View attachment 509997
Oooooooh that makes me so mad!!! Incompetent so and so!!! Managers who do that to customers need to be fired on the spot!!! I seriously hope he gets humiliated by his bosses when this comes back on him. Grrrrr. Mess with my sistah and you get BURNED!!! :evil:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Awww, he can't help it if he's old! He's still beautiful. :)
Thanks :) he's my heart doggie. I even forgive when he's cranky because I remember. Sleeping on the floor with him when we first got him because he cried all night and was so sick. I really didn't know if he'd ever recover, so the fact he's such an azz now is forgivable...lol

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
FedEx just gave my mom the run around. She bought a saddle on ebay. Gave the seller the right address and phone number....seller sent it with the right address and phone number.....a few days later, FedEx is calling my 95 year old grandmother, trying to deliver it to her house. They chose that address randomly instead of the address ON THE PACKAGE, all because we had a package sent there in the last decade. Wonder how many packages are lost that way...being sent to an old address but no one related lives there anymore

Shenaynay has relatives??? In NY AND California??

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area

$100+ for a nano. How crazy is that?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
She doesn't really get upset cuz she wears coats and sweaters when we go for walks when it's cold out. Pit bulls don't really handle cold well. She won't allow anything that covers her head though.

And yeah, she's clocking 80~ lbs these days. You can still see her ribs but she has a belly pooch!

Lol. I haven't dealt with concentrates yet, not looking forward to it. And, I did good on my budget, however I forgot to calculate gas and lunches in there, so I'm hungry at work this week!

Stay under $20 with them? Never! I started a cart there yesterday and was easily over $70 in five minutes flat.
80?! I thought Homer was getting huge at 60, lol! :D She is an absolute doll.

I only got 2 concentrates today because...I couldn't concentrate. :D Maybe Monday if my bank account isn't bone dry I will see if I can grab a couple more. At least enough for one recipe, anyway! I should get the stuff from DIY Flavorshack to make her version of the Elvis juice I am so addicted to. Or the stuff for DC's Applebottom Muffintop. Or... :D

That's horrible you forgot to budget in lunch money! Definitely sounds like something I would do/have done. No good.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I think they exported Red's delivery people up to the northeast.

Was expecting a package today from Fedex containing some jewelry. According to the tracking, it was delivered a little after 2 pm and left at the front door. Obviously, they never rang the bell (was home the entire time) and nothing was left at the door. In fact, during that time, I actually saw the Fedex truck drive past the house, and it never even stopped. Besides, if the truck even stopped in front of the house, my early warning system would have went off and all four dogs would have started barking like crazy. Called Fedex and they're opening an investigation. They said that they need two business days to contact the driver and have him retrace his steps. I've also contacted the company I purchased the jewelry from and they are going to follow up with Fedex on their end.
Oh no! Not the bling!! :shock: I hope they get that straightened out by Monday, even though it sounds like it could be Tuesday. Not good. :(

Reactions: Seleya

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation

That's nuts! And I thought it was bad when Molina got my son's and my daughter's insurance billing addresses mixed up! My son has lived in this house for 12 years, much longer than he has had Molina as his insurance carrier, and my daughter stayed with my parents for 2 months right after rehab a couple of years ago, yet they were sending the bill for my son's doctor visits to my mom's house and I was getting my daughter's bill here! So weird. It happened 4 or 5 times, with calls to them every time and them telling me the problem was fixed. There shouldn't have been a problem in the first place! I wondered the same thing you did. How many times does this happen when a relative isn't involved?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Thanks :) he's my heart doggie. I even forgive when he's cranky because I remember. Sleeping on the floor with him when we first got him because he cried all night and was so sick. I really didn't know if he'd ever recover, so the fact he's such an azz now is forgivable...lol
Yeah, bonding like that is forever. You are right to forgive him his crankiness now. Poor sweet boy.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
$100+ for a nano. How crazy is that?
It's crazy! I think most of the stuff at our local B&M are clones, and their prices are like that. I just can't afford to shop local. Besides, we get the inside scoop here, first, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread