NEW YIHI SX MINI ML CLASS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
Got my ML two days ago as well and I can say that it performs better in TC that the DNA200's.

Maybe I'm getting something wrong but TC on the ML and M class is a lot simpler than the DNA200.

Somehow, I haven't been able to get TC to work as smoothly on both my reuleaux and Hobo X as compared to my ML where its simply selecting Ni200, TI or Manual TCR, dialing in the temp offset and Temperature limit and locking the ohms.

303lisw.jpg

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
So what are the technology differences and what does the Q software do on the ML compared to the M? Taste Setting function, etc. I'm more interested in the functions and settings and what the Q software does rather than the cosmetic's of the device.

I hope Vlad1 can do a detailed technical post on the ML as he is quite familiar with the M-class.

THX

Last edited:

collinsmcrae

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Not sure if i should be glad or sad at the fact that this came out moments after i bought the sx mini m class...:unsure:
What's sad is that they should really have been working on updating the firmware on the device that you just bought for an absurd amount of money. This is a slap in the face if you ask me. Do they think the average consumer can afford to buy a 200$ product every few months? Once Joytec releases their tc software, the game will change. 200$ is just plain silly. I won't spend that much, because it's going to cost me more in headaches and worry that it will get dropped, scuffed up, lost, or stolen. Anyway, I think I went a little off the rails there lol. My point, you shouldn't feel bad because of these unethical business practices. The M class is still rock solid, and if they don't upgrade it for SS then everyone should boycott Yihi plain and simple.

Reactions: retird

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
What's sad is that they should really have been working on updating the firmware on the device that you just bought for an absurd amount of money. This is a slap in the face if you ask me. Do they think the average consumer can afford to buy a 200$ product every few months? Once Joytec releases their tc software, the game will change. 200$ is just plain silly. I won't spend that much, because it's going to cost me more in headaches and worry that it will get dropped, scuffed up, lost, or stolen. Anyway, I think I went a little off the rails there lol. My point, you shouldn't feel bad because of these unethical business practices. The M class is still rock solid, and if they don't upgrade it for SS then everyone should boycott Yihi plain and simple.
To be fair, they did update the M class to support user defined TCRs, so SS can be used. I'm using my M class with SS316 right now, and its working fine. A lot of added value after the purchase considering I bought a mod that did 60w and nickel temp limiting, now it has 75w, and support for nearly any wire type you want to try.

collinsmcrae

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
To be fair, they did update the M class to support user defined TCRs, so SS can be used. I'm using my M class with SS316 right now, and its working fine. A lot of added value after the purchase considering I bought a mod that did 60w and nickel temp limiting, now it has 75w, and support for nearly any wire type you want to try.
Oh that's cool. I didn't know that. Well as long as they continue to support it for a while longer, then I think the new release is fair. Hopefully this knocks the M class price down a bit more, because 75w is all I need from single 18650, and I really don't care for using external software anyway. I like to tinker with e cig hardware, but tinkering with all of those settings in a Windows program doesn't appeal to me much.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    The "M" class is no longer being manufactured - (I think it stopped in August '15) and with the latest firmware release for the "M" class the question becomes: what does the "ML" class have that the "M" class is missing?

Personally after living through an age where every electronic device required adding a driver and software to your personal computer so you could make full use of it, I'm glad to see we've evolved (pun intended) to the point where personal electronics no longer need a PC for anything (excepting maybe updates).

I'll take a single/multiple 18650/26650 mod over one with a LiPo pack everytime.

Reactions: Quantum Mech

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio

They put out 3 firmware upgrades for it. How many did Evolv put out for a $190 VS with a DNA40? Um, zero. How many revisions has the DNA40 had? At least 5.

They've maxed out what the sx350j v1 can do now so no, there won't be any further upgrades on it. But, its an excellent mod with the firmware upgrades they did.

Reactions: Marc411

retird

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    The "M" class is no longer being manufactured - (I think it stopped in August '15) and with the latest firmware release for the "M" class the question becomes: what does the "ML" class have that the "M" class is missing?

Personally after living through an age where every electronic device required adding a driver and software to your personal computer so you could make full use of it, I'm glad to see we've evolved (pun intended) to the point where personal electronics no longer need a PC for anything (excepting maybe updates).

I'll take a single/multiple 18650/26650 mod over one with a LiPo pack everytime.

Still looking for info so are you saying that every function of the ML can be used absent any interaction with the computer Q software except updates?

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Still looking for info so are you saying that every function of the ML can be used absent any interaction with the computer Q software except updates?

No.

While *I* would rather own electronics that does not require a computer, since the "Q software" is not yet released and all current "ML" owners are using the devices void of any external software it is unclear what extra features (if any) will be unlocked or available via the yet to be released companion personal computer software.

Since I already own two 350J type devices I'm no longer interested in purchasing another single 18650 YiHi product. (the Boxer 26650 however does sound interesting)

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2015
    UK
    Since I already own two 350J type devices I'm no longer interested in purchasing another single 18650 YiHi product. (the Boxer 26650 however does sound interesting)

The 26650 VF Stout is one I will be keeping an eye out for reviews once released

Apparently Santa has vape gear for me this year & I have placed enough hints

vf stout.jpg

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
    May 25, 2013
    county of orange, ca
    ...I won't spend that much, because it's going to cost me more in headaches and worry that it will get dropped...

I unfortunately dropped my M class from about 4-5 feet onto relatively rough concrete. It took a couple dents and dings, but it works just as well as the day I bought it (actually, it works better if you count the firmware updates).

I'm not saying you should intentionally beat up your mod, just that mine was and (other than aesthetics) it's none the worse for it.

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I keep seeing this mentioned so I thought it would be good to ask here. What other chip manufacturer has offered firmware updates other than Yihi?

I own several of the M and J chips and have updated the chip two or three times, other Yihi chips as well.

The Evolv chip had three or four different releases of the same chip, no firmware updates and problems with most of their chips.

I own 3 DNA devices but only use TL on the Yihi chips.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread