Nautilus and istick 30w leak problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishvaper

Nov 19, 2015
Hi all, has anyone had any problems with the Nautilus tank on the istick 30w battery?
I bought these together the other day, and the vapour they produce is fantastic, no complaints there at all.
My only problem is that the istick seems to be very greasy or oily to touch...I feel as though I have oil on my hands after using it, and especially around the button part. The only place that I can actually see any juice is in the part where the battery joins the tank, there is a very tiny amount in here every time I open it.
I did have a big leak the first time I changed juice in it, but seemed okay after I tightened it.
Has anyone else had a problem like this? Sorry for the long post, any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
There's nothing inherently bad about putting a Nautilus on an iStick 30W--I'm using that combination right now without any issues. But preparation is key. As others above said, the coil needs to be clean and tightened well into the base. I like to prime my coil by applying tiny drops of juice to the holes in the side of the coil before installing the coil into the base. Before screwing the tank together, I also apply a thin ring of juice to the inside of the coil's chimney to lubricate the O-ring that's inside the tank's chimney.

The biggest issue I have found with the full size Nautilus is the quality of the top surface of the glass cylinder that mates with the silicone ring at the top of the tank. On my Nautilus the first glass cylinder has a rough surface--that one leaked about 2 ml of juice into the base and the 510 connection while I was sleeping. When I compared the regular sized Nautilus with the Mini Nautilus, I found the Mini's glass cylinder was very smooth, but the regular sized glass cylinder was not. The second glass cylinder that came with the Nautilus was better, so I put that one on the tank. It has not leaked since. In any case, whenever you install the glass cylinder into the chimney, be sure to apply a bit of juice to the top surface of the glass, where it will meet the silicone ring, so that it will screw on tight and form a good juice-tight seal.

As for the juicy button, I would imagine that if juice is leaking into the battery case, the juice could be migrating from the 510 connection to the button. Just a guess, though. Fix the leak, and the juiciness will probably go away, eventually.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I have had a little bit of leakage from time to time. I have learned that not filling it completely helps immensely.
Weird... I overfill mine constantly and have no trouble, like I'm packing probably 6.5ml in there...
There really shouldn't ever be juice on in where the battery connects because it has to get through the base to get there, with a ego tank where the coil itself touches the battery pin then yes, but I've never seen juice in there on any 510 tank I've used. But maybe it's normal. Every time I top up or refill the tank I take the coil out and wipe it down, then I use a cotton swab to clean out the inside of the base, especially the connector pin thingy. There's usually a bit in there. Maybe try that and see if it limits the amount getting out through the bottom.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I had the same problem with my full size Nautilus. It would be fine then all of a sudden it would start leaking (more like pouring) juice out of the air flow control base.

I tried all the solutions found on the net including threads on this forum (this is apparently a big problem encountered by many).

My solution was to just stop using it. I don't use Nautilus tanks anymore even the minis I still have. I have moved on to RTAs.

Reactions: Irishvaper

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I own a 1/2 dozen Nautilus tanks and never experienced a leak. IMHO: they are fairly reliable and dependable tanks. I suppose if they went through large temperature swings or were filled with water (flooding) they might leak but they are reliable tanks. (I don't care that much for the coil heads but that is another story)

Just about all the 'tank' type systems rely on the tank developing negative pressure to keep the juice from running out. Fill the tank outside in the dead of winter and then bring it inside placed near a furnace vent and that negative pressure might turn in to positive and force the juice to go somewhere it should not. ;)

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 29, 2015
    I own a 1/2 dozen Nautilus tanks and never experienced a leak. IMHO: they are fairly reliable and dependable tanks. I suppose if they went through large temperature swings or were filled with water (flooding) they might leak but they are reliable tanks. (I don't care that much for the coil heads but that is another story)

Just about all the 'tank' type systems rely on the tank developing negative pressure to keep the juice from running out. Fill the tank outside in the dead of winter and then bring it inside placed near a furnace vent and that negative pressure might turn in to positive and force the juice to go somewhere it should not. ;)

To be honest I am trying to fid a black Friday weekend deal or a cyber Monday deal on a full sized nautilus. Anyone know of one?

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    In my experience, Nautilus (large and mini) will leak where the glass meets the bottom. It needs to be quite snug.
    The mini glass to base doesn't have to be snug in my experience with three of them. It seals on the side, not the bottom of the seal. If you tighten too much it's hard to get the base back off, in that case simply run under hot water and use a paper towel or rag around the base to twist it off with your other hand firmly around the glass.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread