Feb 10, 2010
Montréal

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I never knew any of I leafs had a previous problem. I'm behind on most new products the last few years out. Too bad there isn't a forum for RECALL items here at ecf. If there is one, got a link?

In the General vaping section, at the top of the page, there is a product recall section.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
This happened earlier this year with a Samsung phone, and a young girl (she was unharmed) who bought a cheap battery online, and charged it under the covers. It can, and will happen with anything.

About this article though... the comments on the "news" site make me sick. Really opens my eyes to how uninformed people are. Just when we thought we were making forward progress, I read things like:
  • "NO sympathy, filthy habit !"
  • "So no self esteem, weak spine, lack of forethought, on and on, somehow uses the transference to this pathetic disgusting vapor behavior as a continuing excuse for the inability to simply NEVER smoke in the first place and the total abeyance of "any" will power.

Oh yeah, that's something to be proud of !"

I hope someday, someone with a lot of media presence can portray vaping in a positive manor and we can all move past selective listening when it comes to research.

Reactions: nicnik

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
This happened earlier this year with a Samsung phone, and a young girl (she was unharmed) who bought a cheap battery online, and charged it under the covers. It can, and will happen with anything.

About this article though... the comments on the "news" site make me sick. Really opens my eyes to how uninformed people are. Just when we thought we were making forward progress, I read things like:
  • "NO sympathy, filthy habit !"
  • "So no self esteem, weak spine, lack of forethought, on and on, somehow uses the transference to this pathetic disgusting vapor behavior as a continuing excuse for the inability to simply NEVER smoke in the first place and the total abeyance of "any" will power.

Oh yeah, that's something to be proud of !"
I hope someday, someone with a lot of media presence can portray vaping in a positive manor and we can all move past selective listening when it comes to research.

I should do that for the community - I get plenty of coverage here. All because of one thing or another. LOL! But research is needed - and I agree there. Scientific evidence has a tendency to shut people up and get them to focus on reality a lot more. Look at the start of the computer - everybody said "It'll never go anywhere..." or "It only has applications in business..." now it delivers news, stock alerts, it's a major hub for communication, entertainment, and information. Where are those computer naysayers now? Oh that's right... they realize now that computers are almost MANDATORY to perform any type of ANYTHING. *COUGH* My father... *COUGH*

Reactions: skoony

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I should do that for the community - I get plenty of coverage here. All because of one thing or another. LOL! But research is needed - and I agree there. Scientific evidence has a tendency to shut people up and get them to focus on reality a lot more. Look at the start of the computer - everybody said "It'll never go anywhere..." or "It only has applications in business..." now it delivers news, stock alerts, it's a major hub for communication, entertainment, and information. Where are those computer naysayers now? Oh that's right... they realize now that computers are almost MANDATORY to perform any type of ANYTHING. *COUGH* My father... *COUGH*

I believe it was either the 2nd or 3rd episode of the TV show Dragnet (1967) which Jack Webb (Sgt. Joe Friday) was doing his famous monologue in the beginning of the episode, then they show an old 1960's computer bank to which he responds with something like '... And some people choose to waste time in things that won't be around in a few years.'

I never knew there was such doubt about computers back then until I saw that episode.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
I believe it was either the 2nd or 3rd episode of the TV show Dragnet (1967) which Jack Webb (Sgt. Joe Friday) was doing his famous monologue in the beginning of the episode, then they show an old 1960's computer bank to which he responds with something like '... And some people choose to waste time in things that won't be around in a few years.'

I never knew there was such doubt about computers back then until I saw that episode.

Yep. People have been doubting technology since the dawn of time. Until it becomes the norm and a requirement. Look around us. Everything we have has been based of a tried - and sometimes failed applications. It's a shame that e-cigarettes ... to hell with calling them anything cigarettes - they're vaporizers plain and simple ... will have to go through the trials that almost everything else has. We know what works for us - but try convincing the worlds governments is a different situation altogether. My father was highly against computers until they phased out his manual labor position at work. Nothing had to be done manually anymore. Everything they do requires a guy behind a computer to add more heat, add less heat, add more acid, dilute said acid, add more caustic, dilute said caustic, open valves, close valves, etc. Now he's even seeing it inside his home more and more. With security systems, televisions, even vehicles.

Reactions: skoony

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
Reactions: Zurd

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
if it's a year old, it would be one of those early ones that had trouble.

So, how would she know that?

Assuming she was charging it correctly.

Funny though, I was talking to my computer repair guy about batteries today. they are so prevalent in our lives, whether it be ecigs, cell phones, laptops, flashlights, etc. And so many people tossing Li-ion and LiPo into trash, instead of proper recycling, etc. I think it's going to come back to bite us. Even with alkalines, batteries are basically non biodegradable, contain heavy metals and electrolytes that can contaminate the groundwater.

I really wish there were more topics on vaping forums stressing how we should properly dispose of (recycle) even the lowly ego type battery. I can forsee people throwing a batt into their household trash and the batts aren't entirely spent, and could easily start a fire right inside your plastic kitchen trash can.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Roxy, the recycle bin at our Walmart is just inside the front doors by the Redbox and kid's toy/claw machines. You may have one there and just never noticed it, it doesn't stand out much.

I will check. I have to go there today or tomorrow. I have a ton of batteries that need to be dropped off somewhere.

Reactions: pennysmalls
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread