• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

UD Bellus

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
View attachment 510857
View attachment 510858

So, I've been using Bellus for a while. It's all good and it performs quite well.

However every 1-2 days I notice that I'm getting a bit burnt taste. The above photos shows how the coil looks.

When i check on the cotton, they were fine... Slightly discoloured but if I rinse it, it came back to white (No, i am not using back the used cotton, I just rinse it to see if it is burnt or not).

Is this because of my kanthal?

I am facing the same situation: Gunk on the coil causing the burnt taste. Tried different types of coils and wires (Kanthal, Ti and SS304), results does not differ much. About a day to two difference.

My current solution: Lower the wattage or change to juice which has less sweetener..

cloudysheep

Account closed on request
Oct 5, 2015
behind you
View attachment 510857
View attachment 510858

So, I've been using Bellus for a while. It's all good and it performs quite well.

However every 1-2 days I notice that I'm getting a bit burnt taste. The above photos shows how the coil looks.

When i check on the cotton, they were fine... Slightly discoloured but if I rinse it, it came back to white (No, i am not using back the used cotton, I just rinse it to see if it is burnt or not).

this one is confirmed juice problem....

Reactions: Phassat

Joel.

Verified Member
May 18, 2013
View attachment 510857
View attachment 510858

looks like juice problem.

i get this a lot when i'm vaping juice with strong flavor.

msrfrog

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Catskill NY
View attachment 510857
View attachment 510858

Your coils themselves are looking burnt. Maybe the cotton is slightly loose and the fluid is baking to the coil or its just the fluid .

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
I dunno if it matters, but your wick looks short. Are you getting any dry hit? Do you often have your Bellus in a tilted position? Perhaps you should try to use TC mode.

I intentionally made it short just to make sure that the juice could reach faster and easier. No dry hit issue, just burnt taste issue after 1-2 days ...

Easy fix is to change the wick and dry burn the coil while rinse it with water to remove all the gunk... But 1-2 days it will be back

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
Your coils themselves are looking burnt. Maybe the cotton is slightly loose and the fluid is baking to the coil or its just the fluid .

Hmmm... I'll try to use a bit more cotton... Normally my standard is to put the cotton not too tight but when I try to pull it while it is attached to the mod, it need to be tight enough to also pull the mod altogether.

I'll try spaced coil with 25mm diameter. Couple weeks ago when I use spaced coil with 25mm , it was shorted as it touch the wall... Lucky I was using VW device... After that I use 20mm just to make sure there's enough clearance

msrfrog

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Catskill NY
Hmmm... I'll try to use a bit more cotton... Normally my standard is to put the cotton not too tight but when I try to pull it while it is attached to the mod, it need to be tight enough to also pull the mod altogether.

I'll try spaced coil with 25mm diameter. Couple weeks ago when I use spaced coil with 25mm , it was shorted as it touch the wall... Lucky I was using VW device... After that I use 20mm just to make sure there's enough clearance
Sometimes when I get a burnt taste my cotton is pure white . but I find it slips right out of the coil with the lightest tug.
Then I know I had it a bit loose.

Reactions: KenshinAdryan

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
View attachment 510857
View attachment 510858

I don't know.. a lot of people have been asking you what juice and either you didn't see or just refuses to reply that question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread