New here and need help choosing a vape :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit6

Feb 9, 2016
I'm in UK, and recently got in to vaping...
I bought an Aspire starter kit at my local Vapour Flavours shop - £40 for the cig, charger, choice of bottle of juice etc.
Of course, being a newbie I have nothing to compare it to, but the build quality and feel of it is really good. I'd happily recommend it and/or buy another one if needed.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I'm in UK, and recently got in to vaping...
I bought an Aspire starter kit at my local Vapour Flavours shop - £40 for the cig, charger, choice of bottle of juice etc.
Of course, being a newbie I have nothing to compare it to, but the build quality and feel of it is really good. I'd happily recommend it and/or buy another one if needed.

I had an Aspire starter kit and I loved it. It was a great device. It's one I could see myself still using at times if I hadn't lost it. The Aspire kits come with extra atomizers, a usb cable and usually a wall plug too. It's really nice to have everything in one kit, especially when you are a new vaper.

Reactions: Bandit6

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
IDK if this is the Aspire kit that eveyone else loves here, but it's my go-to. GF loves it too. It's actually an upgrade to the other ego styles that I use daily.

Aspire K1 Starter Kit

That looks like the one I had. Once I had that kit, the only other thing I needed was the juice. That's a great price you found. I saw one on the Vapor Kings site for about the same amount. I think it's great that it has a glass, instead of a plastic tank too.

It's also nice that if you want to have two e cigs so one can charge while you're using the other one, you can just buy the exact same battery and tank, for not much money at all and you're good to go. It's nice that everything is interchangeable.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
So i'm sick of smoking cigs and would like to move to vaping and control my nicotine intake more.

But i'm confused as to what vape pen I should get, I don't want to be a fog machine and I don't wanna have to buy a specific companys refills that only works with their pen/device. I'm looking to spend about £10-30 but the market seems swamped with cheap rubbish that leaks etc. I just need a decent, portable device that I can buy generic refills for.

Anybody recommend me a first vape? And i'm glad to join to a new forum.
Hello and Welcome to the forums!!!! As you can see, we have a lot of people willing to help out when ever we can. Any questions, never hesitate to ask. Nice to have you here. Congrats on making the switch and wanting to give up the stinkies. Enjoy your stay!! Happy Vaping!!!:vapor:

derbj390

Feb 9, 2016
OK, so call me old-fashioned. I would recommend a Kanger Evod or Kanger Evod 2 setup to see if vaping will work for you. The original Kanger Evod uses single coils, which are very reasonably priced for genuine Kanger coils. They can also be cleaned, re-wicked, and/or rebuilt, depending on your preference and desire to prolong coil life. I do not rebuild or rewick, but I manage to get an extra 2-3 uses from each coil by cleaning them. The Kanger Evod 2 uses dual coils, which are also reasonably priced for genuine Kanger coils. Evod and Evod 2 starter kits are very reasonably priced, and usually come with 2 batteries, 2 clearomizers with coils, and usb charger. For my daughter and myself, they provided a very satisfactory vape experience at a price we could afford.

I would also add a glass clearomizer such as a Protank or Evod Glass. Some eliquids are known as "tank crackers" and can damage the plastic clearomizers that come with the Evod starter kits. These are also very reasonably priced, and use either Kanger single or dual coils, depending on which model you get. My personal preference is for the Evod Glass with a Kanger single coil in the 1.8-2.2 ohm range. My daughter prefers the Evod Glass with a Kanger dual coil in the 1.5-1.8 ohm range.

We use eliquids from various vendors, and these clearomizers can handle most eliquids that we have tried in the 50/50 pg/vg to 70 vg/30pg range.

It is up to you, and your budget. Do your research, and look at what you think might suit you. My daughter prefers the "stick" form factor, so for Christmas I got her the Innokin VV v3 battery. I wanted something with a longer battery life for when my beloved NY Rangers get into the National Hockey League Stanley Cup Playoffs, so my daughter and her boyfriend got me an Innokin CoolFire IV for Christmas. My daughter's boyfriend wanted to "blow clouds", so I got him a Kanger Subox Mini starter kit for Christmas. All of us enjoyed our Evods, which are now our backups, and we are all enjoying our new hardware.

Hey i bought a Kanger EVOD MT3 as well... would you be able to help me with an article on how to rewick or re-wire on the MT3? I find my coils overheat sometimes and i have had to change coils often... i am hoping for a sustainable solution and am willing to buy a repair kit and work on it, if there are trusted instructions somewhere.

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
Hey i bought a Kanger EVOD MT3 as well... would you be able to help me with an article on how to rewick or re-wire on the MT3? I find my coils overheat sometimes and i have had to change coils often... i am hoping for a sustainable solution and am willing to buy a repair kit and work on it, if there are trusted instructions somewhere.

How to Rebuild EVOD Coil - EVOD BCC

Here you go :) You can substitute the silica wick for cotton or whatever wick material you want to use, like Rayon or similar. I prefer to use japanese cotton, like Shisheido or Koh gen do

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Thanks for providing that link, Lova. Much as I would like to rewick and recoil, my eyes are just not up to it. I tried rewicking a few coils, and all I managed was to ruin the coils. We just got my daughter's boyfriend a Subox Mini starter setup for Christmas. It comes with a rebuildable deck. If he decides to try his hand at recoiling, I just may ask if he will be the designated recoiler and rewicker for the family. I have had some success, however, with cleaning the single coils, and usually manage to get an extra 2-3 uses out of most coils before they die. I just tried cleaning a few dual coils, but have not tried them yet to see if cleaning works on the dual coils.

Reactions: Lova

derbj390

Feb 9, 2016
Thanks for providing that link, Lova. Much as I would like to rewick and recoil, my eyes are just not up to it. I tried rewicking a few coils, and all I managed was to ruin the coils. We just got my daughter's boyfriend a Subox Mini starter setup for Christmas. It comes with a rebuildable deck. If he decides to try his hand at recoiling, I just may ask if he will be the designated recoiler and rewicker for the family. I have had some success, however, with cleaning the single coils, and usually manage to get an extra 2-3 uses out of most coils before they die. I just tried cleaning a few dual coils, but have not tried them yet to see if cleaning works on the dual coils.

Thanks dude im checking out that link

Reactions: Lova

derbj390

Feb 9, 2016
How to Rebuild EVOD Coil - EVOD BCC

Here you go :) You can substitute the silica wick for cotton or whatever wick material you want to use, like Rayon or similar. I prefer to use japanese cotton, like Shisheido or Koh gen do

Do you recommend somewhere in-expensive online where i can buy the rebuilding bits? like the coil wire, the 2mm tools and the wicking material?

Thanks a ton dude.

B

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Yeah I just realised the lower the ohm the more power or at least the battery doesn't last as long. I was gonna say i don't like the look of them but it's kinda growing on me and the 2300ma battery looks good. This very well be the one I get!
The Eleaf basic does not maintain the power and has a medium resistance atomizer.
This makes the 'power' (watts) of the vape less than the Innokin and then it will drop.
To be honest, this is where the Innokin Endura scores points.
More charging but a more consistent vape. I would personally pair an Eleaf tank with a VV/VW mod (box) and get the best of both worlds.
As in introduction though, if you can keep the battery from dropping too low, the basic is probably a great product/design.
Probably just get going and not worry would be my advice. If you like it, aim to get something more flexible/powerful sometime down the road. :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Eleaf Istick 40TC and a Magma deep well RDA all from FastTech.
This fits your price range and the dripper will give you better taste than a tank. I'm at: 6-7w @ 2 ohms/32ga-0.078ID.. 5 (single coil) wraps Magma deep well RDA. Maximum taste and minimum e-liquid (I DIY) consumption, and this seems to be my sweet spot. The only negative, is the Magma is a dripper and will leak out the air hole if tipped over for any length of time (30/70VG). The deep well and settings above give a good 45min. to hour vape without re dripping. Virtually next to nothing costs on wire and new rayon wicks (500' rayon). Could use cotton or whatever.
Some folks use a rubber band over the air hole, FastTech has similar for purchase: $1.62 Silicone Anti-slip Ring for E-Cigarette Atomizers / Mods (10 Pieces) 10-pack - 18*22*12mm (ID*OD*W) / random colors at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread