building my own evolv dna25

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzr600

Feb 9, 2016
Hi everyone im new here from uk and just started to buy some stuff for building my own mod ive bought enclosure of ebay
Magnets for battery enclosure amazon
Fatboy 4 i think
Fire button with Led light
In process of buying battery cradle
Evolve dna 25
Buttons for wattage/voltage up/down
Usb charging port
Also would like cradles and bezels to hold screen and usb port would like them in metal
Can anyone advise where id buy these items from
Kind regards zzr600

zzr600

Feb 9, 2016
Ive been looking researching on line you tube other forums etc and getting a feel for it at end of day no one would be vaping if it werent for the first pioneers building the very first one that came into the world.its not rocket science at end of day and am asking for help to help me on the way to doing my first mod i know how to solder so thats not an issue i know how to heat shrink not an issue im an ex electricians mate from domestic to industrial to heavy industrial so can engineer and know how to fabricate metal so with the various competences i posses id just like to give it a go. No offence taken and my response isnt meant to sound any way demeaning i do appreciate there is quite a lot of technical stuff behind these gadgets and thats the knowledge im hoping to grasp from this forum with a little help from vapers who made theyre own

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
To answer your question from the first post, Bezels for the chip and screen can be found on Shapeways.
It's a 3D printing site, many thing for mod building can be found there :)

I would like to ask a few questions If you don't mind?
Why a DNA25? Why not a DNA 200? I ask this cause soldering a DNA 200 is way easier.
If your interested here are a few links to help you out :)
DNA200 enclosure includes every thing you need except a DNA 200 chip some wire a connector and a battery.
The battery can be purchased at the same site as the enclosure :)
Hcigar VT200 body
Hcigar VT200 LiPo battery v2

You can get a DNA200 here and a battery for option 2 :) EVOLV - Home
Here is another option #2 for a nice enclosure Silo - 950 Kit This one requires a 510, you would have to purchase separately.

I would ignore the negators mod building can be a fun and rewarding hobby :)
Best of luck to You :)

zzr600

Feb 9, 2016
Hi ive gone for the evolv dna 40D just purely on price and 200 watts is way more than id ever use for vaping and thank you for your support and understanding i did think it was a bit awkward of a reply from the moderator i do like playing with soldering kits from maplin etc lol and yes im looking forward to my first mod building experience ive nearly got the majority of parts. I will look at the links later thanks for your support guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread