Have You Guys Seen Samantha Bee's Video on Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Hey, fam!

I'm writing because I saw a video that kinda ticked me off and I want to see what you guys thought of it.

Comedian Samantha Bee did a piece on vaping and the FDA and she basically made fun of cloud chasers the whole time.

It irks me that she basically ridiculed the industry, but part of what she ridiculed is this trendy image of vaping.

Watch it and let me know how you guys weigh in. I wanna see what everyone else thinks. I mean, it was KIND OF funny, but I'm sick and tired of people forgetting the reason most people vape in the first place: TO STAY OFF CIGS.

AM I BEING MELODRAMATIC? WHAT DO YA THINK?

Reactions: ckone180

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Thank you for posting that! I laughed several times! And totally agree that the face and image of vaping is stereotypically identical to what she pointed out.

It's not a true depictions, but I've seen worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, there were a couple times that I laughed in spite of myself. I wish she would have taken a different angle because it's so easy for everyone in the media, whether humorously or seriously, to take that angle.

It was kind of badass when she vaped on stage though. hehe.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Seen it several times and I view it as a sort of tongue in cheek
video, while still able to get the message out.
You're making me rethink it. I'm gonna watch it again and see if I can get that from it. Maybe I went into it being too defensive because I expected an attack on vaping, .

We're so trained to expect that. I may have missed the tongue in cheekiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread