Toronto, Canada

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Hey Dudes! Just a quick question. I can't find No-Ox or Deoxit gold anywhere near me, but have found good Ol' Noalox and this stuff at Home Depot.
Gardner Bender Ox-Gard Anti-oxidant Compound 1 oz; 1/Cd | The Home Depot Canada

If you had to choose between the two for your contacts which is best? Thx. :)

I just got no-ox-I'd here

]Sanchem Inc NO-OX-ID A Special Rust Preventive 1oz Jar NIB

Thanks to @EddieAdams for the link. I just hit the contact points on my dibi today and am wondering how I ever lived without it. Free shipping too but not sure if that would include Canada. I used Noalox for years and it was OK, never tried the Gardner stuff though.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Hey Dudes! Just a quick question. I can't find No-Ox or Deoxit gold anywhere near me, but have found good Ol' Noalox and this stuff at Home Depot.
Gardner Bender Ox-Gard Anti-oxidant Compound 1 oz; 1/Cd | The Home Depot Canada

If you had to choose between the two for your contacts which is best? Thx. :)
I personally prefer DeoxIt Gold myself. It dries to a film on the contacts and is not as messy. Only has to be applied maybe once a month or so. I have used Noalox, No-Ox ID A, and Ox-Gard and they all were very messy. Contacts would transfer it to the batteries, (and if I wasn't paying attention which is usually), transfered it to the charger....messy stuff overall....not to mention it has a tendency to get all over inside the device your using it on. Needs to be applied at least weekly if not more. The DeoxIt Gold is not as high maintenance.

DeoxIT® GOLD G100L-16BX, 100% solution, 1.6 mL, reclosable with brush applicator

DeoxIT® GOLD Liquid, brush applicator 100% solution 7.4 mL: Amazon.ca: Electronics

2 ounce Tub Cb Ham Radio NO OX ID A-Special Conductive Grease ALL Antenna Metal by Sanchem @ Redman Cb: Amazon.ca: Electronics

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Oh, to have a Gold Stumpy...

Diggin' this thing so much!

20160527_165824-001.jpg

It's funny, I use the Brass and then pick up the Aluminum and it almost flies outta my hand when I lift it. Balance man, balance...

Thanks Corey! It's great!

McPuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
P.A. USA
Oh, to have a Gold Stumpy...

Diggin' this thing so much!

View attachment 559361

It's funny, I use the Brass and then pick up the Aluminum and it almost flies outta my hand when I lift it. Balance man, balance...

Thanks Corey! It's great!
did you know they make ultem guitar picks too?!

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
We missed ya something terrible, bud.

Though if you look back you'll see we showed tremendous restraint. It was a nail biter. :D

Tapatyped

Restraint, yeah sure, that's what you call it, Fan Dancer n all :p

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I personally prefer DeoxIt Gold myself. It dries to a film on the contacts and is not as messy. Only has to be applied maybe once a month or so. I have used Noalox, No-Ox ID A, and Ox-Gard and they all were very messy. Contacts would transfer it to the batteries, (and if I wasn't paying attention which is usually), transfered it to the charger....messy stuff overall....not to mention it has a tendency to get all over inside the device your using it on. Needs to be applied at least weekly if not more. The DeoxIt Gold is not as high maintenance.

DeoxIT[emoji768] GOLD G100L-16BX, 100% solution, 1.6 mL, reclosable with brush applicator

DeoxIT[emoji768] GOLD Liquid, brush applicator 100% solution 7.4 mL: Amazon.ca: Electronics

2 ounce Tub Cb Ham Radio NO OX ID A-Special Conductive Grease ALL Antenna Metal by Sanchem @ Redman Cb: Amazon.ca: Electronics
I found the complete opposite. Much more maintenance with the DE and Noa especially with my CC.

I continually got the black spot on my contact using DE. Misfires from the cap not making good contact. Since using No ox id I hardly give a thought because I'm not dealing with it....

FDA BOC

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Can't wait for the no-ox-id, stuff sounds life changing. But I gotta say...noalox sucks :sleep:

I understand wanting to buy locally but order online...don't get noalox...
Noalox is when 'grease is the word that you heard, its the time and the place and the motion'

No- really - i mean no oxid is better.

T

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
NoAlox (Malox as we sparky's locally call it) has abrasives in it. (Silicone Dioxide and Zink dust) It is made for Aluminum wire clamped in terminals and the abrasive cuts the fine oxide layer when tightening down the terminal. The rest is just a Poly binder to hold it together and seal the microscopic contact points from air. While it does work somewhat on contacts it adheres to any dust etc that lands on it and is messy stuff if you get it on clothing. I use the heck out of it for what it is intended and it also makes an awesome battery terminal sealer. Had a car battery that would eat those little red and green rings for breakfast and used NoAlox instead after cleaning with baking soda and water and never had a bit of corrosion after that. Brush on lightly on the battery terminal and clamp or else it will make a runny mess from underhood temps. So use 1) as intended on Aluminum wire terminations 2) lead acid battery terminals 3) as a last resort on make break contacts 4) on someone's white clothing you don't like 5) smear it under a van door pull to hear those magic 4 letter words from your fellow workers. :angel:

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Yea, work work work makes Moma happy and Terry tired. It does beat the alternative I was facing a year or so ago before I picked up 2 clients that basically tripled my work load. Hired several more guys and a few were keepers. Finding good electricians is like finding unicorns since building picked back up. Supposed to be on a lifetime no field work by doctors orders, but he didn't offer to pay my bills so........

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto

DeoxIT[emoji768] GOLD G100L-16BX, 100% solution, 1.6 mL, reclosable with brush applicator

DeoxIT[emoji768] GOLD Liquid, brush applicator 100% solution 7.4 mL: Amazon.ca: Electronics

I found the complete opposite. Much more maintenance with the DE and Noa especially with my CC.

I continually got the black spot on my contact using DE. Misfires from the cap not making good contact. Since using No ox id I hardly give a thought because I'm not dealing with it....

FDA BOC

I agree with Eddie here. Still haven't tried no-ox-id but deoxit gold does not protect in any way against the dreaded black spot. Of course of you have a large portion of contact on breaking that won't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread