Limitless versus Able?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Hey everyone! I've been researching and looking at different mechs for awhile, and I've got down to the limitless versus the able. I was curious if anyone could tell me some pros and cons of one over the other? My issue right now is, I could get the copper able but only have like 50 bucks for a new dripper and a new sleeve. If I get the copper limitless I could get all the upgrade part options avilable, 2 sleeves, and still have like 60-70 bucks for a nicer dripper. Opinions?

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
The Able is basically a knock off if the Limitless.
Both are very good designs and function perfectly.
The Able feels heavier, but the Limitless is also a solid offering.

Now all that said, I wouldnt buy an authentic version of either.
The clones are fantastic, extremely well made, function exactly like the originals and wont break your wallet.
I recommend getting clones of both for less than two sleeves.

Clone.

20160630_123958-1.jpg

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I don't have the able, but the shenray clone of the limitless in copper is really a great clone with exceptional quality. I don't like sleeve mods personally, as isn't that much interested in looks and having a part "only" related to that, and would rather have a thicker main body metal instead, but nonetheless... Some limitless clones have a topcap that's can be threaded on/off(non 1:1), whereas the shenray is like the original. It's crazy that it goes for 14.5 USD on FC, lol...

It has slightly lower VD than my copper smpl with one-piece 1:1 button, and matches my copper nemesis, but isn't nearing my keppler single-tube SRX though, which I thought it would...

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I don't have the able, but the shenray clone of the limitless in copper is really a great clone with exceptional quality. I don't like sleeve mods personally, as isn't that much interested in looks and having a part "only" related to that, and would rather have a thicker main body metal instead, but nonetheless... Some limitless clones have a topcap that's can be threaded on/off(non 1:1), whereas the shenray is like the original. It's crazy that it goes for 14.5 USD on FC, lol...

It has slightly lower VD than my copper smpl with one-piece 1:1 button, and matches my copper nemesis, but isn't nearing my keppler single-tube SRX though, which I thought it would...

I have about 100 mechs both clone and authentic.
My kindbright Able clone is light years better than my SMPLs (I have 5).

The Able switch is far far better than the SMPL. No misfires.. Ever.
Complete disassembly with fingers.
No tools needed. Not even a coin.

If you want performance and a thick solid wall tube, look at the SCNDRL.
25mm, no sleeve, solid thick wall tubing.
Clones, of course.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Thanks for the tips, mate :) Yep, I know you have a nice collection and yes I am jealous as .... :) I only have 17 currently :(

Note, I was talking only VD-test comparrisons... I have 3 smpl's and the 1:1 switch with not waves all the way around never misfires either(v1.5 often called). To me it's still the greatest design i've seen. No adjustments and as few parts as possible and no BS whatsoever. Yeah, the c-clip is a ....., but I wouldn't trade it's approach just to make it more noob-friendly like the other non-1:1 type switches, and with training a screwdriver can be used pretty quick, or get a 5 dollar tool(which isn't an only-smpl type tool, but can be used for other reasons). Froth states his originals hits(and meassures) a fair bit better than his clones though unfortunetly...

My most comfortable switch is the king v2, which is great and doesn't hit that much less than the smpl either...

I like the optic alot too, btw...

Thanks for the SCNDRL tip... I've checked it often on FT too...

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Either a tsunami or a clone Kennedy. And yeah I understand the appeal of a clone. My first real apv was a mech. Then I went to a zna clone dna 40 vapor shark, and now an sx mini ml. I just noticed when I had the zna clone there was little bits that werent true to the authentic and it bugged the crap out of me. OCD life. And I just prefer authentics lol. The only reason I'm considering buying a clone atomizer is because the authentic Kennedy is way out of my atomizer budget.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
On the tanks make sure the pin on the bottom extends past the 510 or it will cause the battery to short.
The derringer is a good example of how the pin should look:
image.jpg

Some tanks have adjustable pins, make sure the pin doesn't screw all the way in when attaching it to the mod.
Both style mods are direct to battery contact.

Last edited:
Reactions: MMW

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yeah I understand the appeal of clones but I want an authentic. Just personal preference

Dont get hung up on authentics or you are gonna miss alot, and needlessly piss away a bunch of cash.

I have lots of both authentic and clones.
4 years ago there was a noticeable difference in quality.
That is not true today, especially with the mods and atomizers we are discussing in this thread.

There is no benefit to paying 10x more, and wasting money.
Example:
The able is a $240 knock off of a $120 mod.
Avid lyfe is Amerivape. Their rep is extremely sketchy (see the Manhatten/FUhatten fiasco).

The Tsunami is a fairly priced authentic.
Its basically a kennedy with velocity posts and a topcap that covers the deck, providing airflow control
Get the 24mm.
It has a protruding post and will work with a D2B topcap.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
The Able, IMO, is the better mod. The Limitless is no slouch, its a very good design, but the constant battery adjustment can become a chore, especially if you swap attys around a lot. The Able switches batteries and attys much easier and much faster.

L1070107.JPG

Last edited:

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
The Able, IMO, is the better mod. The Limitless is no slouch, its a very good design, but the constant battery adjustment can become a chore, especially if you swap attys around a lot. The Able switches batteries and attys much easier and much faster.

View attachment 582619

Well, truth be told, I just pulled the trigger on my first ever high end mech and atty combo :D it is one of these. Guess you'll just have to wait till next week and keep an eye on the high end pic thread :p

And thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it!! I'm considering picking up a clone purple scndrl with matching clone goon and resin DT. Ebay seller wants 54 bucks for the set. I don't really get to add to my collection very often just because I prefer authentic devices and gear. But what you guys said got me researching and I might throw a couple clones in.. if nothing more than for something I won't cry over if it gets dropped xD

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I have two authentic Limitless mods (one copper and one aluminum) and they both perform great. Also have a black copper Able clone which is fantastic, and as stated above much easier to get adjusted for battery length. I like the Able so much that I'm in the process of buying a couple more clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread