Lost Vape Therion DNA75 dual 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the Escribe presets are from Steam Engine. I get all my CSV files from there. I've saved 7 different TC profiles and 1 power mode (Put them all in a folder). When I get a new dna, I just load them up.

The profiles are as follows:
Profile 1. Power Mode
Profile 2. SS430
Profile 3. SS316L
Profile 4. SS317L
Profile 5. SS304
Profile 6. Nife52
Profile 7. Titanium Grade1.
Profile 8. Ni200

Cheers,
Steve
Is possible to upload Your Profiles?

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Can I PM You and forward them via e-mail?

I was just going to suggest that. They have some pretty nice custom screens for each profile as well. You will like them. Just load them 1 at a time.
Example - Click on profile 1 then load profile. Then profile 2, etc. Put them on in any order you prefer.

upload_2016-8-22_14-30-3.png

Cheers,
Steve

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
The escribe profile seems to really do a good job. I have it set for 55w and 425F. It hold the 425 with 6 or 7w and very rarely hits TP really works well with the FW. I can't believe the TP hardly ever goes on it really does a good job. LV really missed the mark as far as I'm concerned.
I believe the Escribe presets are from Steam Engine. I get all my CSV files from there. I've saved 7 different TC profiles and 1 power mode (Put them all in a folder). When I get a new dna, I just load them up.

The profiles are as follows:
Profile 1. Power Mode
Profile 2. SS430
Profile 3. SS316L
Profile 4. SS317L
Profile 5. SS304
Profile 6. Nife52
Profile 7. Titanium Grade1.
Profile 8. Ni200

Cheers,
Steve
Yep I'm really impressed by the escribe ones they hold the temp so effortlessly.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
The first time I set them up. I went to the material tab of Escribe. Click on import material (navigate to where you saved the CSV file and click on it), move that material to the box on the right (via the green arrow between the boxes - it comes on once you click on the material). Then set up the profile and select that material. I then loaded a custom screen for each one I set up. Then I save the profile so it's easier the next time around.

upload_2016-8-22_14-39-34.png

Reactions: s.i.jerefos

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
OK Steve I figured out how to do that and now have the SE316Lelite and your right I did lower the power a little and added a slight preheat but it works really well at the set temp they use of 450F. It does hit TP occasionally unlie the escribe SS316 but it's definately a nice vape.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310
First of all I would like to thank all of You and specially Steven.
Before I load a profile as Steven described above do I have to take the csv file at material tab and import matetials?
Or directly load profile and the materials+csv profiles will be loaded directly?

FreeZen

Jul 30, 2016
USA
First of all I would like to thank all of You and specially Steven.
Before I load a profile as Steven described above do I have to take the csv file at material tab and import matetials?
Or directly load profile and the materials+csv profiles will be loaded directly?

You import materials first (under Available Materials) then add them to the device. It's a 2 step process.

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay Area, Sacramento CA
I desoldered the 510 connector to take it all the way out. It has room to slide with it in place or popped up. I took it apart to fix one of the battery contacts, so I would recommend desoldering the 510.
Welp,

I'm happy to report that it is most certainly possible to put in a DNA200 board in the Therion...

I got it all working but upon putting everything back together for the final...I clipped the power lead (tight fit) and shorted the system :(. Maybe I popped the fuse ( does not appear blown) but it was a pretty bad short that got my batteries pretty hot before I had chance to pull them...

I'm not Finished though :)...This now presents the opportunity of getting a 250 board for y Triade and swapping that 200 into the Therion, 75 still into the DX 200[emoji41].

If anyone is looking for more details, especially what not to do, feel free to PM me :)

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Welp,

I'm happy to report that it is most certainly possible to put in a DNA200 board in the Therion...

I got it all working but upon putting everything back together for the final...I clipped the power lead (tight fit) and shorted the system :(. Maybe I popped the fuse ( does not appear blown) but it was a pretty bad short that got my batteries pretty hot before I had chance to pull them...

I'm not Finished though :)...This now presents the opportunity of getting a 250 board for y Triade and swapping that 200 into the Therion, 75 still into the DX 200[emoji41].

If anyone is looking for more details, especially what not to do, feel free to PM me :)

I was gonna ask you about this. The battery sled is wired for 2x18650 in parallel. Did you re-wire them for series? That's what will make a DNA133 tick, right?

Reactions: Eskie

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
I was gonna ask you about this. The battery sled is wired for 2x18650 in parallel. Did you re-wire them for series? That's what will make a DNA133 tick, right?
I went the "physical" route by shaving the plastic around the positive connection furthest from board...flip that battery, it is then series. Worked like a charm. I am planning to marry the batts in the mod so that there will be no confusion, charge from the board.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
I went the "physical" route by shaving the plastic around the positive connection furthest from board...flip that battery, it is then series. Worked like a charm. I am planning to marry the batts in the mod so that there will be no confusion, charge from the board.

I'm trying to imagine it but... Struggling. Two terminals on the same contact form a parallel. Just turning one batt upside down, won't that make a short right between the two batts?
But if you said it works, it must work... I haven't opened mine up so I. I just not seeing it in my head.

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Reactions: FreeZen

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
I'm trying to imagine it but... Struggling. Two terminals on the same contact form a parallel. Just turning one batt upside down, won't that make a short right between the two batts?
But if you said it works, it must work... I haven't opened mine up so I. I just not seeing it in my head.

No problem, they used jumpers for the wiring, so effectively if you swap the "end" batt you then have a flow of positive to negative. Here's a pic that describes the relationship better

1c5b953d6d6985d8fc59ab38e01bbefb.jpg

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
No problem, they used jumpers for the wiring, so effectively if you swap the "end" batt you then have a flow of positive to negative. Here's a pic that describes the relationship better

1c5b953d6d6985d8fc59ab38e01bbefb.jpg

Riiiiight! So there're jumpers! Awesome. In my imagination I was going to have to desolder and re-solder something if I wanted to make a DNA133.
No worries. I'm pretty content with the Triade and Therion at the moment so the hacks I want to do are purely cosmetic.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Welp,

The fuse is supposed to protect the board in the case of a short circuit. I think you most likely fried the fuse. You should be able to use your meter to see if it's blown. I think it might just be a matter of having to replace the fuse.

Cheers,
Steve

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
The fuse is supposed to protect the board in the case of a short circuit. I think you most likely fried the fuse. You should be able to use your meter to see if it's blown. I think it might just be a matter of having to replace the fuse.

Cheers,
Steve
If that is the case he should be able to pull the batteries and power it up with it connected to a USB power supply right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread