Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Califorina
Hi,
I have a silver Tesla Invader III it's a great mod for less than $40.00. It is as good my Hex Ohm V2. I have used it for about 6 months every day with no issues. I use a Sapor RDA that costs about $14.00. Great pair for less than $60.00. I remember paying $200.00 for ELA thought that was cheap.

Reactions: gotch23

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Well, "better" depends on the power level you are going to use the batteries for.
If you know you aren't going to draw above 20 amps for example, you can go with
a battery that has more capacity. Capacity and amp limit are opposites when it comes
to battery design. The more you have of one, the less you have of the other.

Pick from this chart according to your needs:
image-jpeg.600623

Reactions: urbanhopper

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
I run it with the vtc5a, i don't push the envelope cloudwise and vape around 70-80 Watts. With my 0.25 ohms build i got the dial a little over the II mark, around 4,5 volt. I suppose i could get away with 30Qs.

If you want to cloudchase, i'd definitely pick some 30 amp batts.
And calculate with ohms law beforehand, what voltage you want to supply
to get the desired output

Ohm's law

I would never take that mod to its limits though. I wouldn't vape at more than 150w with a two battery mod.

Last edited:

urbanhopper

Moved On
Oct 5, 2016
BTW, I just noticed that when my Gemini RTA is attached to the Invader 3, it's leaning towards the one side, for about 2mm. Doesnt affect the ability. Kinda having Personal OC issues only. Also, I have to remove the atty when istalling the battery. Otherwise, I wouldnt be able to install it. Anybody having the same issues? Other than those its perfectly fine.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Also, I have to remove the atty when istalling the battery. Otherwise, I wouldnt be able to install it. Anybody having the same issues?

This is normal, the 510 spring is attached to the battery pin below it (IIRC). I always remove the atty before inserting or removing batterys.

ebie001

Mar 6, 2017
South Africa
BTW, I just noticed that when my Gemini RTA is attached to the Invader 3, it's leaning towards the one side, for about 2mm. Doesnt affect the ability. Kinda having Personal OC issues only. Also, I have to remove the atty when istalling the battery. Otherwise, I wouldnt be able to install it. Anybody having the same issues? Other than those its perfectly fine.
If you remove the screws inside the device and remove the black plastic cover you will see that the battery spring loaded clip is connected to the negative wires, soldered,and the 510 is connected via a spring pressing onto the positive spring loaded battery clip. No big issues really,intending to purchase after some research .

Jooxster

Nov 5, 2014
Cheltenham UK
Just ticked the box for a black Tesla Invader III. Be interested to see how it stacks up against the Noisy Cricket 2-25 in terms of comfort and build. I also have the Noisy Cricket 2-22. I do wish Wismec would make their minds up which way to mount the potentiometer. 2-25 is clockwise to increase voltage, but original models were the same as 2-22 ..........counter clockwise. Always have to think before I fire either of them up - annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread