Merlin Mini or Ammit rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

kougialis

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Cyprus
I haven't tried the ammit, but the merlin mini is as good as anything high end I have tried. Its a great bit of kit.

Thanks for the reply, do you think merlin will perform well with a single clapton coil at about 0.3? or its build for simpler coils in single coil mode?

Reactions: Heartsdelight

kougialis

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Cyprus
I'm warming up to the Ammit. If you don't wick it carefully they won't juice up efficiently. Especially with high VG. Keep the wicks short and fluffed at the end and the Merlin and Ammit are my two favorite tanks. Haven't tried the mini. *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah heard the same about wicking. But so far i think i am more into getting the ammit.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Just got 2 Ammits a few days ago (silver & black), but I haven't tore into either box yet. o_O I've been on a tank binge lately and have too much stuff being delivered lately (just got a crap ton of juice, too). Got a couple of OBS Ace tanks (w/ RBA) to play with, too, so I should make some time and get them scrubbed up tonight.

My seepy, weepy Merlin (full size) sits unloved. :( How are the new Merlin Minis? I forgot if that version seeps or not, too. I do have 2 conversion chimney/glass kits to shorten the full -sized version, but I recall something different about the Mini's base assembly. Am I correct?

kougialis

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Cyprus
Just got 2 Ammits a few days ago (silver & black), but I haven't tore into either box yet. o_O I've been on a tank binge lately and have too much stuff being delivered lately (just got a crap ton of juice, too). Got a couple of OBS Ace tanks (w/ RBA) to play with, too, so I should make some time and get them scrubbed up tonight.

My seepy, weepy Merlin (full size) sits unloved. :( How are the new Merlin Minis? I forgot if that version seeps or not, too. I do have 2 conversion chimney/glass kits to shorten the full -sized version, but I recall something different about the Mini's base assembly. Am I correct?
Well when u get around building those ammits let us know :) and ur not the only one on a tank binge! I think in the new merlin mini from what i heard they do not seep

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015

Yes, the Merlin Mini's deck are different. It's not pressfit, it's like the Wotofo Serpent Mini 25mm. They come with a single & dual coil deck which screws on to the bottom of the atty base. No seeping or leaks, only drawback it only holds 2ml. It's confirmed by Augvape they will not manufacture an extension kit :( unless a third party makes them.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
How are the new Merlin Minis? I forgot if that version seeps or not, too. I do have 2 conversion chimney/glass kits to shorten the full -sized version, but I recall something different about the Mini's base assembly. Am I correct?

You are correct. The Merlin Mini does NOT leak. At least in my experience. No issues, beautifully built atty.

Reactions: MMW

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Thanks, @Heartsdelight , I recalled something about that, but I wasn't sure. Perhaps, I will pick up the Minis at some point, providing real user reviews claim that they are better. I've still got 2 Merlins that are unopened, so I'm hesitant about buying more of the same type of tank, even if it's a bit better.

Thanks for the confirm, @DP2Raja! I'll keep them on my radar, as I love itty bitty tanks for my itty bitty mods. :D EDIT: Whoops, just saw the diameter on this :facepalm: and not sure it will fit without overhang on my little mods. :(

Last edited:

Devilon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
United Kingdom
The mini Merlin is a great tank which gives out a lovely flavourful vape, but I do like the Ammit as well, I've now got 3 of them and I always coil them up with a 3.5mm diameter coil.
I also make sure that the cotton is very well fluffed up, and stick just a small amount down the juice channels.
I've never been into the heavy VG super cloud style of vaping so mix all my juices 40pg/60vg, and I never have a dry hit with that mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread