Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
3mm is a tight fit IMO it works 2.5 i like better in it. I just think there are much better options available at this point from when the subtank mini was released. If you can pick one up cheap go for it. It works for an on the go tank. It never really leaks and provides a more than half decent vape. Its certainly not my favorite tank but I do still use it.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
I use a subtank daily, anyone purchasing one, be aware there are 3 different assemblies out there, one with a small notch in the bottom for the juice to enter, and 2 with holes in the side (different size holes). The ones with the larger holes work best IMHO. Any can be modified easily enough though.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The bigger hole rba is indeed the best of the lot but the small hole one works okay too. I never had anything but problems with the bottom channel model though

Yeah... Unless someone is using a thin e-Liquid, an Unaltered v1 Deck with the 2 Slots isn't going to work very well. But if a person Enlarges the slots with Jewelry File, it can/will work Very Well even with High VG e-Liquid.

I actually prefer a Mod-ed v1 Deck over the ones with the Holes in RBA Barrel. And bought up a bunch of them when Kanger phased them out for the v2 and v3 decks

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
i modified the bottom dual channel rba with a dremel to increase the juice flow and eliminate dry hits
Do you have any suggestions on the best way to modify the v1 build decks for the ST mini? I've got three of the v1 decks.

I only use 50/50 juice, but gave up with the RBA last week and went back to my SSOCC coils. Worked for about an hour and then started getting dry hits.

Do you just modify the deck of the RBA to cut the slots a little deeper? How much bigger to make them? As they are now, it doesn't look like much juice can even get through them.

Thanks in advance. Been using my ST mini for close to 2 years now with the factory coils, would love to try a build on it.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Do you have any suggestions on the best way to modify the v1 build decks for the ST mini? I've got three of the v1 decks.

I only use 50/50 juice, but gave up with the RBA last week and went back to my SSOCC coils. Worked for about an hour and then started getting dry hits.

Do you just modify the deck of the RBA to cut the slots a little deeper? How much bigger to make them? As they are now, it doesn't look like much juice can even get through them.

Thanks in advance. Been using my ST mini for close to 2 years now with the factory coils, would love to try a build on it.
I dremeled the channels bigger and cut the slots on the deck cover bigger. I never get a dry hit, have to wick a bit thicker to prevent leakage.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Thanks found a good tutorial on modifying the ST v1 base done by Mike Vapes. Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend.

Boy that's an old video.
    That's basically what I do, but like to use a "barrel" shaped diamond bit, it gives more control and a cleaner cut.
    I just dremel the base, not the chimney.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

For something like this, I like to use the Edge of a Jewelry File verses a Dremel. Jewelry Files are handy things to have around. They can be used for All Kinds of things. And the chances of screwing things up is Usually Less.

I think I got mine at Harbor Freight or Lowes. Not sure which. But, of course, you can also get them online.

https://www.amazon.com/Needle-HIGHE...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VN93Q6ET68TB955XZSMG

I'd start with making the Slots on the Deck about 50% Wider and 50% Deeper. And I don't do Anything to the Barrel of the RBA. Just the Slots on the RBA Deck.

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Thanks for the feedback folks. Kind of backwards, but while I have a dremel, I don't have jewelry files, lol. I do have some round diamond bits for it, so I'll start with that instead of a cutting disk and just work on the channel on the deck. I'll take it slow and try that. I'll just increase them slowly until I get where I need to be. I've actually got a total of four decks (found another today), so if I screw the first one up, I'll get some jewelry files.

I vape unflavored juice, so my factory SSOCC coils usually last about a month, haven't been in a bit hurry to start building my own for that reason. Would be nice to know I can build and get a good vape though if I have a problem finding the coils I want down the road.

Thanks again.

Reactions: puffon

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Thanks for the feedback folks. Kind of backwards, but while I have a dremel, I don't have jewelry files, lol. I do have some round diamond bits for it, so I'll start with that instead of a cutting disk and just work on the channel on the deck. I'll take it slow and try that. I'll just increase them slowly until I get where I need to be. I've actually got a total of four decks (found another today), so if I screw the first one up, I'll get some jewelry files.

I vape unflavored juice, so my factory SSOCC coils usually last about a month, haven't been in a bit hurry to start building my own for that reason. Would be nice to know I can build and get a good vape though if I have a problem finding the coils I want down the road.

Thanks again.

If you take your time, I'm sure you will do Fine with a Dremel.

One thing I forget to mention. You might want to take the Wire Screws out before you work on the Slots. I've dropped one of those Screws before and they can be Hard to Find when they roll under you Desk. Or when they hit the Garage Floor and go God Knows where.

LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread