Looking for a hardshell padded case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Anyone know where I can get my hands on a hardshell padded case for my mods? I bought a tactical case for a hand gun that worked really well. Thing is, I have outgrown it by leaps and bounds. The case I'm looking for will most likely have to be for a rifle but with 2 layers. It's going to have to be big enough to house 65 mods of various sizes. I don't know if they make such an animal or not. All I know is that I'm tired of dusting my equipment.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You gonna CARRY 65 mods?? lol
The cases I think you're describing are great for transport - but if I were you (I'm not - I have about a dozen) I'd go for something like an enclosed display case for most of them, then a carry-box, padded and all, that I could use for a handful that were mobile at any given time...

Like this at home
521d9b4a7c9c68a78f51740f1468c2cf.jpg

And this on the road
upload_2017-1-1_14-55-17.png

But I don't know one like this except a "camping trunk" that would fit 60 mods.
These folks have a few sizes that might carry 10-12 each pretty good.

Good luck!

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Ah yes. Thank you very much.

From your OP I'd have thought you to be familiar with Pelican (and the pricing you're going to be looking at)... it's the first thing I thought of.

The second would be the Music/Concert industry.
Their hardshells are tough and customizable... likely even pricier though.
Sorry I can't give any names... I've no idea who makes them. ;)

All that aside, I have to agree with Train on one point... several smaller enclosures might make more sense. But they even make those things to transport pianos, so whatever you decide size won't be the limiting factor, just your wallet. :p

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Some good ideas above. I searched Amazon and they have bunch, too.

Have you considered two cases? Gives more options.
The 1st case I got was for dual pistols with 2 stacked tiers with the pre cut cubs. It's a nice case and costly too. Payed 75.00 for it. It held 16 box mods. So that might get a little costly trying to store 65 of them. Me and my addiction. Smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread