Hello, new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
Hello, nice to be here. Trying again to quit smoking and start vaping. I am currently using V2 EX. They are ok but something still missing. Maybe I'm expecting too much?
I've thought about getting the V2 Trinity vaporizer thinking maybe more vapor/flavor will be the satisfaction I need to fully commit.
I'm wondering how complicated it would be to use though?
I appreciate any help/comments. Thanks!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @Billy B

What do you know about V2? What do you really know about V2. In fact, what do you really know about the e-cig industry?

From where I have sat for the last 4 years, the conclusions one must draw about their products and marketing makes for a very interesting discussion.

The market is not what it seems.

I wish you luck in making the right, informed decision. That decision in 99% of cases will not involve spending extra money unnecessarily on branded products.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome @Billy B and I hope you enjoy your stay! Finding the perfect MOD/Tank for you is a continuous never ending saga that you will enjoy more down the road as your vaping progresses. The onyl thing I can offer to help you become a former smoker is to do what I did and just quit cold turkey and rough it out until you get passed the initial shock of depriving your body of the 6,999 addictive chemicals in cigarettes.

Good Luck and Vape On Safely!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I tried to access the e-cigarettes website and unsurprisingly I am locked out of the US website.

We can safely add Geo-blocking to the list of things to dislike. :eek:

The last Geo-blocking case that I followed was in 2013. It involved people paying $200 for a $39.99 e-cig starter kit.

Funny old world. People think they are free, but the money wins every time. :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: daviedog

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello, nice to be here. Trying again to quit smoking and start vaping. I am currently using V2 EX. They are ok but something still missing. Maybe I'm expecting too much?
I've thought about getting the V2 Trinity vaporizer thinking maybe more vapor/flavor will be the satisfaction I need to fully commit.
I'm wondering how complicated it would be to use though?
I appreciate any help/comments. Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined. Sounds like you need a little more direction.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...ank-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230

dadlovsyall

Sep 21, 2014
Welcome. Glad you are here. Good luck on quitting smoking . I started vaping in April 2014. My wife and I were a pack a day smokers (Marlboro no less). If it helps we would vape and also smoke when needed. Eventually in May we stopped smoking 2014 and went full vape. $$$ saved immediately. Health improvement almost immediately. I hope this helps. I smoked for 41 years and I am glad to be rid of the cancer sticks. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback. Going to do a little experimenting and definitely stay on this forum.

Positive and V2 aren't exactly the way I see it. Negative in more ways than I can think about without self-destructing.
I have mods and tank that will slay anything by V2 for half the price. Actually, twice as good for half the money is more accurate.

Last edited:

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
Positive and V2 aren't exactly the way I see it. Negative in more ways than I can think about without self-destructing.
I have mods and tank that will slay anything by V2 for half the price. Actually, twice as good for half the money is more accurate.
Well I don't think anyone said V2 was necessarily positive. I was just doing online research and they come up a lot as "highly rated". I'm loyal to none, just trying to navigate through what is a pretty complicated market for a newbie. I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks.

Reactions: djsvapour

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
I actually dug up an Endura T22 I've had in the closet about a year. Took it to local vape shop, guy helped me clean it up and put a new atomizer (I think?) in it and some new juice. Gonna start with that and see how it goes. I have resigned myself to dual use until I find the right combo.
And my gut is telling me to deal face to face with the local shops rather than the internet "giants". Thoughts?

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
My main goal is to quit real cigarettes. To achieve that I need some level of satisfaction I just haven't found yet. If I can find it on the cheap, whether it's the device or the e juice, all the better. Like I said earlier, the ecig/vape market has become so big that it's easy for a beginner to maybe lose the forest for the trees so to speak. I like simplicity and satisfaction, however I can achieve that.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Well I don't think anyone said V2 was necessarily positive. I was just doing online research and they come up a lot as "highly rated". I'm loyal to none, just trying to navigate through what is a pretty complicated market for a newbie. I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks.

1. Good, that's the spirit.
2. Highly rated means nothing in this game. The game is rigged. Trust me if you value your money.
I got taken for $800 by brands that completely and comprehensively 'own' the internet.

I can tell you are understanding me, that's all that matters. You'll do fine. :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
And my gut is telling me to deal face to face with the local shops rather than the internet "giants". Thoughts?

Yes, often a good idea.

In this business, there are a few different types of online vendor.
My personal choice is to use online vendors that openly sell products made/assembled/R&D in China.
Kanger, Innokin, Aspire, Joyetech, Sigelei, Eleaf, Smok, Vaporesso... the list is long.

The other type are US, UK and Europe companies that claim to sell products that appear to be domestic in some way, but they are badge-engineered from those same Chinese brands.

The branding of products is what allows an e-cig company to sell a $29 e-cig for $119.
We know where it came from (I can probably give you the Zip code in Shenzhen), they know where it came from, but with smoke and mirrors you think you are buying something premium or domestic.
Importantly, they will convince you it's good. It doesn't even have to be good - it just has to sell.

My least favorite online (US) 'giant' of all time (yes, a brand worse than V2 for jacking the prices) takes a product, makes a few minor changes, gives it a new name and cleans up the $$$.
That's how they (I can't say who, but people around here know) charged $59.99 for a tank I had delivered from China for $12.48. Even in a friendly US store (online) that tank was comfortably reaching the customers for about $25.

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
Yes, often a good idea.

In this business, there are a few different types of online vendor.
My personal choice is to use online vendors that openly sell products made/assembled/R&D in China.
Kanger, Innokin, Aspire, Joyetech, Sigelei, Eleaf, Smok, Vaporesso... the list is long.

The other type are US, UK and Europe companies that claim to sell products that appear to be domestic in some way, but they are badge-engineered from those same Chinese brands.

The branding of products is what allows an e-cig company to sell a $29 e-cig for $119.
We know where it came from (I can probably give you the Zip code in Shenzhen), they know where it came from, but with smoke and mirrors you think you are buying something premium or domestic.
Importantly, they will convince you it's good. It doesn't even have to be good - it just has to sell.

My least favorite online (US) 'giant' of all time (yes, a brand worse than V2 for jacking the prices) takes a product, makes a few minor changes, gives it a new name and cleans up the $$$.
That's how they (I can't say who, but people around here know) charged $59.99 for a tank I had delivered from China for $12.48. Even in a friendly US store (online) that tank was comfortably reaching the customers for about $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread