What does it mean if my vape blinks a lot when I tried to change the coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Hale

Jan 21, 2017
I was at my head shop one day and I spoke to the owner and we tried to change the coil out with one supposedly made for it and all of a sudden my vape was blinking. I have a tsunami Vpower. Then we took the coil out and put the coil that was in the kit and it works fine. I don't know if the coil that is made for it wrong or what it means. I'm a newbie with vaping.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcomes,
You atomizer looks like a re-branded Kanger Protank II.
Did the shop try more than one coil?
Do you know the resistance of the original coil and the resistance of the new one?
Did the shop test the "failed" coil for continuity/correct resistance?
Do you have any dedicated VAPE stores local to you?

Cheers
I

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I was at my head shop one day and I spoke to the owner and we tried to change the coil out with one supposedly made for it and all of a sudden my vape was blinking. I have a tsunami Vpower. Then we took the coil out and put the coil that was in the kit and it works fine. I don't know if the coil that is made for it wrong or what it means. I'm a newbie with vaping.
Why did you remove the coil in the first place?
Any markings on the powerhead?
Did you look in owners manual for 'blink' error codes?..

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
What you have @Brian Hale is

A Kamry X6 battery with a Kanger Protank 3.

Once upon a time, there were vendors charging $99.99 for this set-up.

So, you did quite well. :thumb: However, Tsunami Premium Vapor charge you $15.99 for 5 new coils, when you can actually buy them for $8.95.

.. and they also say they last 4-6 weeks, which is not true... so maybe don't go back for more when you need more. :D

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. Yep, "Dance With The One (coil) That Brought You". Since you are just still learning (see below), you might want to stay away from sub-ohm vaping.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread