Recommendation, MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayw1

Apr 12, 2017
wweforums.net
I'm happy with my triton mini, nautilus mini and nautilus 2. Once I've picked up a kabuki that's it for me for tanks :)
I was gonna get the nx but for some reason never did.

I bought a Nautilus 2 as well, thought it'd be an upgrade from the X but it's just not as good. Airflow is better on the X and flavor on those .7s aren't as good as I heard.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I bought a Nautilus 2 as well, thought it'd be an upgrade from the X but it's just not as good. Airflow is better on the X and flavor on those .7s aren't as good as I heard.

Interesting, I kinda feel like the airflow is the only thing the Naut 2 has over the X. I'm a huge Naut X advocate with the 1.8 coils and 4 mil extension, and have been using 4 of them with different variations for months now. So I got the Naut 2 just to compare. My quick assessment:

Nautilus X- even with the 4mil extension, it's almost the exact same size as the Naut 2, which I found shocking. I guess that metal sleeve makes up for almost 2mls worth. The X is a million times easier to refill, has better flavor (I know some prefer the bvc coils, but I think that's kooky talk :) ) and in terms of airflow, I think it is smoother, but I'm not sure it's better overall. Also, it's really hard to adjust on my Black ones. Even though that's my standard color, I highly recommend someone getting one of the other colors, since it will make it far easier to adjust the airflow and see what you're doing.

Nautilus 2- I gotta say, I didn't realize how much I missed being able to go down to a super tight airflow that comes from the bottom. Something about it coming up that way just makes it better to emulate a cig in my view. Also, dang, do I miss a 510 drip tip, and the ones that come with it are nice. So I think for those who really like a super tight airflow, the naut 2 has a slight edge. But I think it's a huge pain to fill, only holds 2mls, and uses lesser coils in my view.

So even though I think the X is far better overall, I do think there are some pros and cons to consider. Just for anyone trying to decide between the 2 of them.

jayw1

Apr 12, 2017
wweforums.net
And since I wrote that last thing, I just went shopping, and my Naut 2 leaked quite a bit in my pocket....and I'm done. Long live the X.

Mine never leaked, it just got juice on the inside of the sleeve which then gets it on the outside of the glass. Super annoying.
Only issue with the X is the refill gurgle, I can deal with that.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Mine never leaked, it just got juice on the inside of the sleeve which then gets it on the outside of the glass. Super annoying.
Only issue with the X is the refill gurgle, I can deal with that.

Ya, I've had it for a week, and it didn't leak until just tonight. Maybe the coil is giving, but still a bummer.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I don't own a Nautilus x so I can't compare, I will get one with the 1.8s an get back to you. But one thing I can say Nautilus 2 is best airflow I've had out of all the Nautilus tanks I have.

Kaimaikid

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2017
New Zealand
The Nautilus 2 will sometimes leak from what I have heard when you overfill them and do them up as the pressure has to release somewhere and that is usually via the coil, one solution seems to be after filling, screw the top down until you can feel it start to get tight ( as the top seal connects with the glass ) then turn it upside down with the bottom of the coil exposed to the air inside and then screw it up fully as this will push the excess air out via the coil instead of juice....

Working for me so far

P.S. I am using the Nautilus 2 on top of a istick pico running the 0.7ohm BVC set at 22 watts with the airflow shutdown to the last hole doing MTL vapes - loving the flavour its awesome

Last edited:
Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
The Nautilus 2 will sometimes leak from what I have heard when you overfill them and do them up as the pressure has to release somewhere and that is usually via the coil, one solution seems to be after filling, screw the top down until you can feel it start to get tight ( as the top seal connects with the glass ) then turn it upside down with the bottom of the coil exposed to the air inside and then screw it up fully as this will push the excess air out via the coil instead of juice....

Working for me so far

P.S. I am using the Nautilus 2 on top of a istick pico running the 0.7ohm BVC set at 22 watts with the airflow shutdown to the last hole doing MTL vapes - loving the flavour its awesome
It's an awesome tank but all your suggestions are true, my first Nautilus 2 leaked but I followed these procedures for my second & all is fine. Just a pain to fill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread