Tsunami mech firing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIwouterNL

Jun 22, 2017
bought my first mech after a long time of research about battery safety, ohm's law and mechs. The problem is that it's not firing unless i push the button in a certain way... i searched the internet and found thet cleaning it with brasso might work so i tried that and it got a little bit better. It was the first time cleaning a mech so maybe i have to do it more thoroughly. Is there anyone with the same problem? Whats the solution?

IIwouterNL

Jun 22, 2017
Well i tried that, cleaned it with brass first and after that with some alcohol. Cleaned every connection there is. it's a bit better now but i also figured how to press the button in the exact way to get a good fire. Still sometimes a misfire but it's getting there!

Is there anyone with the tsunami kit that has the same problem?

looking at a good Broadside clone since i'm reading allot of good stories about it. I read that the clone from knucklehead is very good but i think it's still a little expensive for a clone (about € 50 to get in Holland). Might be better of with an authentic

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
bought my first mech after a long time of research about battery safety, ohm's law and mechs. The problem is that it's not firing unless i push the button in a certain way... i searched the internet and found thet cleaning it with brasso might work so i tried that and it got a little bit better. It was the first time cleaning a mech so maybe i have to do it more thoroughly. Is there anyone with the same problem? Whats the solution?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could also try three avenues of inquiry:
Local vape shop -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
some mechs have adjustments to the 510 connect rod and/or the bottom button needs to have the adjustment made there... since batteries arent all the same length, mods have an adjustability built into them and must be tweeked for each battery length. There is a good chance that your mod needs to be adjusted to make a strong contact in both upper and lower pin positions. A weak contact will end up making arc marks on the battery ( small black pitting) on one or both ends of the battery ( especially if you are doing low ohm builds)... some mods have a large gap between the bottom firing button sleeve and the switch, contact between the lower button shaft and base sleeve is a tad bit too wide and requires the button to be canted a bit to allow for a circuit to be completed... there are times when a spring loaded lower switch will complete the circuit thru the spring instead of the pin/sleeve and will cause the spring to carry the load and overheat thus causing the spring to loose its K value and become "soggy" ( less springy )... its a mech, theres more to them than just a button on the bottom ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread