Innokin LIFT Siphon Tank Adapter (STA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Has anyone heard of this? I just saw it mentioned in a Reddit post. It appears to be an add-on that maintains negative pressure in the tank of an rta (with a BF 510 pin) so that juice automatically flows to your wicks with each vape. Sounds a bit too good to be true and I'm finding nothing about it other than the text of the Reddit post. Here's an image that was attached to the text:

PG2LlGKg.jpg

Here's part of the text of the post, it reads like a press release from Innokin:

Hi ECR! Innokin is proud to introduce the LIFT Siphon Tank Adapter (STA) for the first time here on ECR. To celebrate, and say thank you to this great community, we are giving you a chance to win a LIFT STA for yourself along with more great Innokin kit.

Innokin Technology has created an entirely upgraded way to vape with your favorite BF-RDA. Harnessing internal pressures, the 25mm LIFT Siphon Tank Adapter keeps your wicks wet with every puff. You won't have to squonk when you have the Innokin LIFT STA attached to your BF-RDA!

Attach the LIFT STA between your RDA and vaporizer; adjust the airflow and wick with every puff.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Now that I've seen it though...why not put a BF 510 in the tank so you can feed it with your squonk bottle and get access to more juice? Put the thing on a squonk mod. That's what I thought they meant when I read the description.

That product category is already taken care of with BF RDTAs such as the Gaia by Cthulhu. It seems Innokin is shooting for the market consisting of people who do not have a squonker, but want to use a BF atty. As to how big that market is...

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
That product category is already taken care of with BF RDTAs such as the Gaia by Cthulhu. It seems Innokin is shooting for the market consisting of people who do not have a squonker, but want to use a BF atty. As to how big that market is...

It reminds me of my Avocado too. It's cool but like you said, this category is already taken care of

Reactions: stols001

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Do you have to manually squonk your BF RTA's though?

Yes. Rather than just a normal short press to just wet the wick, you have to give it a long press (or a few presses) so the tank of the RDTA fills up. You don't have to squonk again until the RDTA tank is empty.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Yes. Rather than just a normal short press to just wet the wick, you have to give it a long press (or a few presses) so the tank of the RDTA fills up. You don't have to squonk again until the RDTA tank is empty.

That sounds convenient enough. I wonder if Innokin can adapt this autosquonk to work with a squonk mod though.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
The Gaia and the Pindad are wicked awesome BF RDTA's! I also have a couple of Split Atty clones and a modified bottom feeding Theorem.

The Lift seems interesting. From what I saw on Instagram, I think it can take smaller BF attys, not sure if 22mm is to small though...
e7b546538504fe1ce9c4f3dcf7f69b6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
39294fd59318bfb438274f8adb7d011e.jpg
e92f5d25cccd0064b47736a7cf831831.jpg

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
What's to keep Innokin from adapting this into a full-blown bottom-feed system? The product looks cool but I'm struggling to see the wide appeal as it is. The design, however... assuming it could scale to larger capacities (and in fact work well), I don't see anything here that would keep it from integrating into a mod with a dedicated "lift" 510.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
What's to keep Innokin from adapting this into a full-blown bottom-feed system? The product looks cool but I'm struggling to see the wide appeal as it is. The design, however... assuming it could scale to larger capacities (and in fact work well), I don't see anything here that would keep it from integrating into a mod with a dedicated "lift" 510.

I think the appeal is that it works like a RDTA, but you don't have to hang your wick ends down into the tank. You can build a nice squonk set up and use it like an RDTA. From what I can find it seems to create a negative pressure when you puff on it and that pressure pulls liquid up through the BF pin onto the deck. So I don't know if the juice delivery system of a squonk would work in the same way - if that negatived pressure could pull juice from a bottle through the feed tube and up into a reservoir, or straight onto the deck. And you have the massive problem of delivering current through the 510 pin to think about. As it is built right now there is a column that goes to the bottom of the tank part and connects the BF pin to a normal 510 pin. So if there isn't enough power to pull liquid all the way from a squonk bottle to the deck through the entire thing then it isn't going to work like that.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I think the appeal is that it works like a RDTA, but you don't have to hang your wick ends down into the tank. You can build a nice squonk set up and use it like an RDTA. From what I can find it seems to create a negative pressure when you puff on it and that pressure pulls liquid up through the BF pin onto the deck. So I don't know if the juice delivery system of a squonk would work in the same way - if that negatived pressure could pull juice from a bottle through the feed tube and up into a reservoir, or straight onto the deck. And you have the massive problem of delivering current through the 510 pin to think about. As it is built right now there is a column that goes to the bottom of the tank part and connects the BF pin to a normal 510 pin. So if there isn't enough power to pull liquid all the way from a squonk bottle to the deck through the entire thing then it isn't going to work like that.

Modifications would need to be made for this kind of repurposing, naturally, but none seem particularly complicated. I agree the added pressure of the sheer volume would probably be enough to reasonably assume it may not work, but it need not remain it's current diameter and could easily support more length. The 510 pin on the squonker need not be any longer, or drastically redesigned, and nothing says the delivery system has to carry any load since it's entirely separate from the circuit. A modified version of the Lift could very easily use a non-conductive version of its delivery... tube(?)/510 extension that pressure fits to the squonk pin, and wouldn't need much more than a simple o-ring to make a seal.

Just brainstorming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread