Innokin LIFT Siphon Tank Adapter (STA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Modifications would need to be made for this kind of repurposing, naturally, but none seem particularly complicated. I agree the added pressure of the sheer volume would probably be enough to reasonably assume it may not work, but it need not remain it's current diameter and could easily support more length. The 510 pin on the squonker need not be any longer, or drastically redesigned, and nothing says the delivery system has to carry any load since it's entirely separate from the circuit. A modified version of the Lift could very easily use a non-conductive version of its delivery... tube(?)/510 extension that pressure fits to the squonk pin, and wouldn't need much more than a simple o-ring to make a seal.

Just brainstorming.

I'm saying that there would be two ways to go at this:

1) put this thing on a squonk mod and change the 510 pin on the bottom to a BF pin so that you could refill the tank from a squonk bottle in the same way that the fluid is pulled up from the tank

2) extend the tank so that it has a reservoir as large as a squonk bottle

The problems are: 1) doesn't look like enough negative pressure could be maintained to draw fluid from the squonk bottle all the way to the deck, and you have to figure out how to feed the liquid into the tank through the walls of the column 2) the tank would be large, complicated, expensive, and supplying a current to fire the coil would also be complicated and expensive.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I'm saying that there would be two ways to go at this:

1) put this thing on a squonk mod and change the 510 pin on the bottom to a BF pin so that you could refill the tank from a squonk bottle in the same way that the fluid is pulled up from the tank

2) extend the tank so that it has a reservoir as large as a squonk bottle

The problems are: 1) doesn't look like enough negative pressure could be maintained to draw fluid from the squonk bottle all the way to the deck, and you have to figure out how to feed the liquid into the tank through the walls of the column 2) the tank would be large, complicated, expensive, and supplying a current to fire the coil would also be complicated and expensive.

Still not sure where you're going with the current thing. A bottom feed system is separate from the circuit. The Lift needs to carry current because it sits between the atty and the 510, whereas a BF system simply injects through an opening in the 510. Nothin' fancy.

Reactions: stols001

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
The more I think about this and the more I read I guess I can kind of see the point. This seems like an relatively inexpensive option for people don't have a squonk mod and can't hassle with dripping. I got into squonking originally for the convenience when driving but I can see something like this accomplishing the same thing.

• Agree

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
I took a chance and ordered one from my vapor store using the black friday code.Seems like a cool idea.I am sick of struggling with rtas trying to get them to wick.My squonk addys are easy peazy to wick and rewick and dry burn a coil.Would like to use this on my VapeDroid to take to work,since all my squonkers are single battery and I hate carrying extra batteries to work.If it sucks I'm only out $15.25 with shipping.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I wonder how long it will take Innokin to release a box mod with a built in lift system? Hopefully it will be a 18650/20700/21700 unit and not an internal battery mod.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
They are planning on releasing one -- the Bastion Lift Box

Innokin.JPG

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got my Lift in today (love that speedy shipping from MVS). Can’t say I’m a big fan so far. It does feed, but doesn’t do so fast enough to maintain good wick saturation.

It works best on restricted airflow RDAs. There’s more siphon action and it almost keeps up to maintain wick saturation. But it always feels that it’s on the cusp of a dry hit.

On airy RDAs it does not siphon up nearly fast enough to keep pace.

The 510 connection in the tank section is fixed, and it’s pretty deep. No problems with most of the attys I’ve tried so far, but a couple of attys with shorter 510s would not work – the atty base bottomed out on the tank’s o-rings before the 510 could make contact.

Still need to play with it more – want to try thinner liquids to see if that helps speed up the siphon action (right now using about 80% VG juice).

On the plus side, build quality is pretty nice. Very easy to fill, and there is a plastic screw-on top so you can carry a filled tank without an atty attached. On the down side, there’s no spare glass tank, nor does it seem possible to take it apart for cleaning.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
They are planning on releasing one -- the Bastion Lift Box

View attachment 702641

Still not sure where you're going with the current thing. A bottom feed system is separate from the circuit. The Lift needs to carry current because it sits between the atty and the 510, whereas a BF system simply injects through an opening in the 510. Nothin' fancy.

Take a look at the pic. See how there is a tank labeled "Siphon Tank System" off to the side of the battery?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Got my Lift in today (love that speedy shipping from MVS). Can’t say I’m a big fan so far. It does feed, but doesn’t do so fast enough to maintain good wick saturation.

It works best on restricted airflow RDAs. There’s more siphon action and it almost keeps up to maintain wick saturation. But it always feels that it’s on the cusp of a dry hit.

On airy RDAs it does not siphon up nearly fast enough to keep pace.

The 510 connection in the tank section is fixed, and it’s pretty deep. No problems with most of the attys I’ve tried so far, but a couple of attys with shorter 510s would not work – the atty base bottomed out on the tank’s o-rings before the 510 could make contact.

Still need to play with it more – want to try thinner liquids to see if that helps speed up the siphon action (right now using about 80% VG juice).

On the plus side, build quality is pretty nice. Very easy to fill, and there is a plastic screw-on top so you can carry a filled tank without an atty attached. On the down side, there’s no spare glass tank, nor does it seem possible to take it apart for cleaning.

I agree. Don't waste your money on the LIFT. It's a good concept but it just doesn't work like it should. Too bad. And yes I have one.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Take a look at the pic. See how there is a tank labeled "Siphon Tank System" off to the side of the battery?

I do, now, see the picture posted after my comment. I still don't understand why in a million years that thing needs to be part of the circuit. Sorry, zero sense.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I have found a good use for the Lift – mixing flavors. I made some menthol juice that came out WAY more mentholated than I wanted. I put that juice in the Lift, and manually drip another juice in the RDA. When I’m vaping the Lift pulls in enough of the menthol juice to add a nice touch of menthol flavor.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I have found a good use for the Lift – mixing flavors. I made some menthol juice that came out WAY more mentholated than I wanted. I put that juice in the Lift, and manually drip another juice in the RDA. When I’m vaping the Lift pulls in enough of the menthol juice to add a nice touch of menthol flavor.
Hey, what RDA are you using on the Lift? Also isn't there some kind of adjustment/juice flow control ring on the Lift? I take it that made no difference for you?

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Hey, what RDA are you using on the Lift? Also isn't there some kind of adjustment/juice flow control ring on the Lift? I take it that made no difference for you?

I’ve tried about a dozen-odd. The best performing RDAs with just the Lift were the lower airflow types (Mulciber, Haku, & Flave) but even then it didn’t pull enough juice to keep up to my liking, even with a pretty modest build. I still needed to puff on it now and again without firing to refresh the wick. Adjusting the AFC on the Lift does alter the amount it siphons in but not a whole lot.

I have some older RDAs with very tight airflow (by today’s standards) that probably would work well, but none have long enough 510s to connect to the Lift.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I do, now, see the picture posted after my comment. I still don't understand why in a million years that thing needs to be part of the circuit. Sorry, zero sense.

I don't think you got what I was saying. Look at the pic. See how they extended the reservoir? That was option #2, that I guessed earlier.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I don't think you got what I was saying. Look at the pic. See how they extended the reservoir? That was option #2, that I guessed earlier.

Ah, gotcha now. Sorry these are old posts and I needed to reread the thread. I don't believe I argued against the form factor needing to be adjusted for the difference in volume/size though. The main point I had been arguing was the idea that the tank itself would need to be built into the circuit. It's not clear from the image shown if that's the case here, but I assume not (since it would be totally unnecessary).

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Ah, gotcha now. Sorry these are old posts and I needed to reread the thread. I don't believe I argued against the form factor needing to be adjusted for the difference in volume/size though. The main point I had been arguing was the idea that the tank itself would need to be built into the circuit. It's not clear from the image shown if that's the case here, but I assume not (since it would be totally unnecessary).

Right. I had to go back and re-read the thread again trying to find my train of thought, lol. I think they have the circuit going across from the battery over to the 510. They went with what I was guessing was the second option of extending the tank/reservoir down into the mod. The other way I was thinking of was to incorporate the tube of a squonk bottle into the LIFT that was pictured in the OP, but it looks like this "Siphon Tank System" holds 8 ml. That's not horrible for a squonk reservoir.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Right. I had to go back and re-read the thread again trying to find my train of thought, lol. I think they have the circuit going across from the battery over to the 510. They went with what I was guessing was the second option of extending the tank/reservoir down into the mod. The other way I was thinking of was to incorporate the tube of a squonk bottle into the LIFT that was pictured in the OP, but it looks like this "Siphon Tank System" holds 8 ml. That's not horrible for a squonk reservoir.

I run all day on 5ml, 8ml is not bad at all... except it's sounding like it doesn't work all that great.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Got to play with one of these today. Of all the things that scream answer to a question nobody asked this is near the top.

At 25mm it doesn't look right on 24's. Screwed to the Thermo RDA its a great fit but an ungodly huge thing. Takes up alot of space for very little juice.

At 15 bucks it doesn't ghurt my vape budget hands at all. But I left it at the store. And I don't leave much.......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread