Status
Not open for further replies.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
The glory of a VV mod is that it takes the ohms BS of your atty/carto preference out of the picture. You will want to give yourself some room on either side of your sweet spot so I would go with a 3 ohm and as for a small carto top coil design you might want to try the Vision Extreme Nano's or Regular. Just remember that you want to run Top coils a little lower (less v) than an atty or bottom coil designs.

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
Just a note based on my experience w/ the Vision Extremes. I vape KBV's Hummingbird Nectar, which is a clear juice.
I've found that after one tank full in the 3.5 & 2.5ml versions, that the juice turns yellow. I don't know what's causing this, but it only happens with those cartos. I've been using one of the new Vision eGo's (not the GV Stardust, but same thing) for a few days (which is great so far) and have not had the juice turn yellow. Personally, I won't be using the Vision Extreme's anymore.

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
that's going to happen with any, the brownish wick, can be cleaned (don't ask with what to clean, we want to keep this short) and then dryed burned back white and clean coil, easer to toss IMHO, but it's a doable and saves $$.
JUICE well it gets funkie but OK untill the coil/wick gets charred it's OK, you'll know then new one or burn clean

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I believe the juice is turning yellow due to the nicotene reacting to air. I've read that somewhere.

Nic will turn yellowish after sitting and being stored for a long time or not properly stored, or oxygen getting to it, keep it in the freezer in a glass bottle tightly sealed and your nic will stay fresh the longest :). The reason Rumblefish's juice is turning is because of the coil and wick burning and juice falling back into the tank, as well as the wick getting charred and juice touching it.:)

willdupre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2011
Largo, Fl
yeah there is nothing in the visions that will change the color of juice, more likely its the sweeteners in the juice carmelizing from the heat of the coils and leaching back into the juice, it should have no effect on flavor though, funnily enough the one tank that really discolors the juice for me is the one you mentioned doesn't for you, the stardust.

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
Yep, my stardusts darken my juices - I haven't noticed this in the other visions(but I don't use them as much). Thanks wildupre for explaining why (I hadn't thought of carmelizing sugars, I was assuming the lighter fluids were getting sucked out and concentrating the rest).

I've found that I get a couple of tank refills before I need to clean them because the flavors get muted and the liquid stops wicking well. The liquid left at the bottom gets thick and sludgelike. Even the Flux Nectar gets much yellower over a few refills. It's good that the stardusts are so easy to clean and dry burn (thanks RockinRobbieSF).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread