EU 23 Jan 2014 - New Scientist - Science 'wrong' in EU's proposed e-cigarette law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Science 'wrong' in EU's proposed e-cigarette law

Fifteen prominent scientists who have investigated the health consequences of electronic cigarettes have accused European Union regulators of misinterpreting their results. The scientists say the EU aim is to draft an unjustifiably burdensome new law to regulate e-cigarettes.

http://www.newscientist.com/article...012-GLOBAL-facebookgoogletwitter#.UugccNKIVRB

Great article, very positive.

It refers to this letter by Dr. Farsalinos, Dr. Etter and 13 other prominent scientists to the EU of 17 January 2014:
Scientific Errors in the Tobacco Products Directive A letter sent by scientists to the European Union

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
I wonder how many EU MP's are actually going to read that. And of those, how many are smart enough to understand it and wise enough to reflect upon the contents and not simply dismiss it as something that does not support their foregone conclusion...

On the plus side, I'm glad the scientific community took this initiative to bring to light the gross scientific errors in the tobacco Products Directive. It also adds to my own hopeful realization that the vaping genie cannot be put back in the bottle, at least not by the same twisted, antiquated scientific misconduct and propaganda that has demonized tobacco and nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread