• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

5 hits per drip, normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javafreak

Aug 13, 2015
Earth
6ed864fa00341a161e43d1b3d381a530.jpg

I'm getting some really nice vape from this 26g twisted coil at 0.6ohms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WarA

iSuck

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2015
I would suggest you read up on power distribution. A simple would be that on dual parallel power is split into 2 whereas a single coil absorbs the full effect. Also as Voltage=Resistance*I(current), Power=I(current)*Voltage. Mainly we'll be using I=V/R and P=I*V for simplicity sake

Voltage remains the same on parallel whereas current is split.
The same is inverted when they are in series where voltage drops and current is same in series. (This applies mostly on dual battery mod where batteries are in series)

edit: Also to heat dual coils to the same heat as single coil should in theory use 2x as much power however a lot of other factors comes into play (personal preference etc)

edit edit: Also as to resistance, resistance in parallel is actually (sum of all resistance)/(number of resistance) aka average of sum of resistance (this is what years of engineering gave to me haha)
That is quite a chunk to digest now so I'll read it up when I'm fresh in the morning. Anyway thanks bro!
6f1cd0f4ffa44ef37ecbf114e2800dc8.jpg

This is my single coil rda build, in case you need a reference. This is 28g, running 1.7 ohms I think.

But does your build glow like mad when dry fired?

iSuck

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2015
You need to pack your coils tighter and you will be fine
I tried tweezing em together after firing em red hot but I'm still getting how spots all over and I've given up cos I'm running low on my wires so I'm back to dual coils 11 wraps giving me 0.8ohm.
6ed864fa00341a161e43d1b3d381a530.jpg

I'm getting some really nice vape from this 26g twisted coil at 0.6ohms.

Dual parallels are already giving me some issues and it isn't firing at hot as I expected to be. Like I mentioned, I built a single coil 1.1ohm and when fired its red hot that you can't really look at it directly as compared to my dual parallel which doesn't glow as red as the single.

iSuck

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2015
Your wires are really all very inconsistent. You need to practice more and watch more tutorials. And how do you get 1.8ohms doing parallel dual coil? It is not possible at all with 28g wires. I believe you mean dual coil. Parallel dual coil is a completely different build.
Errrr sorry I meant 0.18ohm. So it's a dual coil with dual parallel coils on 28g.

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
Hi all, I've been vaping for a month or 2 now and I'm running a little boy RDA on a smok M80.

I seem to be only getting 5ish nice hits after every drip and I dont literally a drop and it's quite frustrating and I've been changing my coils to different wraps and diameters but 6 is the longest that I went.

Anybody able to advise me?
I'm on 0.6ohms dual coil on 40w.

TIA

By "drip" do you mean a single drop of juice, or soaking the wick?

I run around 20 watts and usually get about one big draw per droplet of juice I add.

javafreak

Aug 13, 2015
Earth
Meant to quote Java, it's his build I was comparing to

Hey @GoBlue88, not sure if you could change those allen screws to philips, but if you notice my build, I raised the left lead on my coil to wrap around the top of the philips instead of inside the post. This raises the coil completely (if your RDA has sufficient height), allowing more air flow below the coil.

Gives me a much better vape! Not sure if you'll dig it.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
I tried tweezing em together after firing em red hot but I'm still getting how spots all over and I've given up cos I'm running low on my wires so I'm back to dual coils 11 wraps giving me 0.8ohm.

Dual parallels are already giving me some issues and it isn't firing at hot as I expected to be. Like I mentioned, I built a single coil 1.1ohm and when fired its red hot that you can't really look at it directly as compared to my dual parallel which doesn't glow as red as the single.

after squeezing them give them a strum across with your screwdriver(magic!works by introducing micro spacing between coils) Also a rarely mentioned tip is to pull the leads as tight as possible into the screw holes then screw them down(remember to insert screwdriver into the coil to preserve shape). Dual coil needs nearly 2x of the power to glow similarly

Last edited:
Reactions: javafreak

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
Hey @GoBlue88, not sure if you could change those allen screws to philips, but if you notice my build, I raised the left lead on my coil to wrap around the top of the philips instead of inside the post. This raises the coil completely (if your RDA has sufficient height), allowing more air flow below the coil.

Gives me a much better vape! Not sure if you'll dig it.

Cool! So how did you attach the leg?

javafreak

Aug 13, 2015
Earth
Imma let it rest for now till my wires comes in and as of now this is my current build and it's working fine for me reading at 0.87ohm with 11 coils each. View attachment 482853

Coming back to the OP's issue.

One more thing is to try out spaced coils. Sometimes when the coils are too jammed together, they overlap. Overlapping can cause hotspots because there isn't enough microspace.

iSuck

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2015
By "drip" do you mean a single drop of juice, or soaking the wick?

I run around 20 watts and usually get about one big draw per droplet of juice I add.
Definitely soaking wet and not just a drop bro.
after squeezing them give them a strum across with your screwdriver(magic!works by introducing micro spacing between coils) Also a rarely mentioned tip is to pull the leads as tight as possible into the screw holes then screw them down(remember to insert screwdriver into the coil to preserve shape). Dual coil needs nearly 2x of the power to glow similarly
I've tried strumming the single coil setup but it's not any good. So you're saying that I should make the coil as close to the post as possible?
Coming back to the OP's issue.

One more thing is to try out spaced coils. Sometimes when the coils are too jammed together, they overlap. Overlapping can cause hotspots because there isn't enough microspace.
imma try 1 last time for the single coils with an evenly spread out coil. Anyway will running 40w on a single coil be too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread