67 Days Smoke Free

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by JayTheVapingGuy, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JayTheVapingGuy

JayTheVapingGuy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey,

just sat down and did the maths...

its been 67 days since i had my last cigarette (7:30am on the 7th of February) and 94 days since i cut down to 2 cigarettes a day...

even having gained 25-30 lbs (i haven't been eating healthy for the last few months... whoops!!) i still walk to work almost 15 minutes faster (was 25 minutes before, now its about 10-12 minutes) and i haven't so much as looked at my inhalers except to put them away since late january...

i feel healthier and am happier and my home has no stink in it at all!!

YAY ME!

2. rachelcoffe

rachelcoffe Super Member ECF Veteran

Yaaaaaay Jay!!! [​IMG]

Proud of ya hon. [​IMG] As to something healthy & filling that feels like a treat...try some Bolthouse Farms smoothies. We particularly like the Strawberry Banana ones, and C-Boost too!

3. Jfbrks

Jfbrks Full Member

I did too.....Jan.5 5pm lost 10 of those you found....fruit is new fav....keep it up

4. AlbertaClipper

AlbertaClipper Super Member ECF Veteran

That's GREAT news, Jay, congrats!! I can sympathize with the weight gain, though it's by no means due to quitting smoking.

I'm just gearing up to re-start the Bernstein diet after I fell hard off the wagon...I start on Monday.

Last time around, I found these wonderful shiratake noodles at a big Asian store that look like Ramen noodles and, believe it or not, have ZERO calories. They're made from yam flour. Anyway, once boiled, you can stirfry them with some veggies and low sodium soy sauce or other sensible type of dressing/low cal sauce, and you have a filling, no guilt, tasty snack/meal/whatever to tide you over between sensible meals. I'd go nuts without them.

EDIT: I meant to add that those noodles are flavorless too.

5. wood

wood Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

good job jay wish i could say the same

6. cactusgirl

cactusgirl Sage Tribal Queen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Awesome Jay! I hear ya on the weight-gain....I'm having the same problem here....about to start P90X (beachbodies) to see if I can't reverse this latest issue! lol

7. VAPOINSANO

VAPOINSANO Super Member ECF Veteran

WTG... jay:banana:

and to all the rest congratz:):2cool:

vapehard monkeys.....:lol:
    i do.....:laugh:

8. Switched

Switched ECF Guru ECF Veteran

WTG Jay. The rest is all downhill :toast:

9. Katmandu

Katmandu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congratulations Jay!

It's a good feeling when you see those days ticking by. And yay for you on not needing the inhalers anymore!

I just passed the 6 month mark and am looking forward to my 1 year anniversary. I am so proud.

10. AlbertaClipper

AlbertaClipper Super Member ECF Veteran

Wow...that's some brutal program, right there...you should let me know how it works out...

11. Rar

Rar Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    YAY JAY! Congratulations! That is AWESOME news. Isn't it wonderful to put those inhalers away. I'm proud of you. :thumb:

12. Kams Cats

Kams Cats Super Member ECF Veteran

That is fantastic Jay. I am right behind you. Also got the weight gain too. LOL

13. IanK1968

IanK1968 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Congrats Jay

14. JayTheVapingGuy

JayTheVapingGuy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm actually considering the same after a lady who i know started it a year or two ago and has gone from being rotund to being smoking hot!! i think she ended up loosing close to 125-150 lbs over a period of a year... all she did was that and take on an eating regime that was naturals...

I'm going to be going back to less processed... that was what killed me...prefab meals.

15. Chime

Chime Super Member ECF Veteran

Gratz jay.

I hear ya on the tonnage, been almost 5 months here and I've put on about 40 lbs. But same thing I was just shoveling down baconators, so I shouldn't be surprised.

However at the start of this month I really conciously made an effort to get it off and have refunded 20 lbs so far. Switched from baconators to sushi and pitas. Also just mow on bags of salad at home rather than potato chips, switched from beer to vodka as well. Once the snow clears a bit more here I can start wading the bow again which cuts it like nothing.

So good luck on the cutting the "I quit" tonnage.

16. muleygirl

muleygirl Moved On ECF Veteran

Way to go Jay Congrats!
    My Daughter started doing the P90X she loves it said that it really kicked her butt was stiff for days but she has tuffed it out so far. She said it is kinda addicting! She gained alot of weight being pregnant, she had the baby the end of Nov. and has almost lost all the extra weight. So it must be a good work out. I would try it but I'm not into PAIN. lol

17. IOU

IOU Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Congrats Jay and keep up the awesome work!
    Now your taste buds are coming back and I am certain everything you eat tastes soooooo much better! :)

18. Vanisle

Vanisle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congrats Jay. That is awesome to say the least. For myself I hit the 16 week mark 2 days ago. Every now and then I still get a craving for an analog but I just knuckle on to my trusty Riva and the craving goes away pretty quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.