A Billion Lives Listings and Show Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Two more just popped up in Georgia near Atlanta, Carmike 12 Cartersville, Georgia on December 5 at 8:30 PM and Studio Movie Grill Holcomb Bridge
Alpharetta, Georgia on December 7 at 7:30 PM.

Cartersville needs 84 and Alpharetta needs 67 more to reach threshold.

Wish Alpharetta had of announced before Kennesaw. An hour earlier and I'm already off the next day so would not be wasting a day of vacation to sleep late. Still hoping for an early afternoon show! Will go a second time.

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I am copying this from the "Aaron From A Billion Lives Answers Questions" thread. It was posted by @Alexander Mundy

Springfield, MO

Finally, 66 more tickets sold by the 24th and I will be able to see A Billion Lives just a few miles away.

16cMizS.jpg

Good on ya for spearheading a viewing!!!

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Very true. It should be an individual who is the promoter. We've seen folks tickets get canceled and their money at some point will be refunded because a vape shop promoted and reserved the seats, but something got mixed up and tickets were sold that shouldn't have been. At least one very unhappy person that this happened to. But yeah, they are a great source to HELP promote it and get the word out

I'm not too unhappy anymore, since I eventually got my money back through my bank ...

An important distinction is that my ticket for the October 26th showing in Carlsbad CA was not a "reservation until the 100 seat minimum was met". My debit card was charged the next day, this was a ticket purchase, even though the shopping cart page said that 44 more tickets needed to be sold to meet the 100 minimum. I received an email the next day with a link to the ticket, which I then printed. Seven days after the purchase and two days before the event, my ticket was voided at the request of the sponsor. Nothing personal I'm sure, I don't know them ...

In hindsight, it appears that I was expected to contact the vape shop sponsor to validate my ticket. So I agree that it would be preferable for the sponsor to be an individual, so that ticket sales can be considered final at the time of purchase ...

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Fantastic!! Can't wait to hear how it goes
Alrighty, Ive talked to a couple of shops who are willing to help and a few people. I created my Tugg acct. and sent a request for an event. They should be calling me in a few days to provide further info and help. This is exciting!! I'll definitely be printing some posters for the shops, creating a Facebook acct specifically for this event (I am not on FB and will only use it to promote this event) and working a few other angles to promote. I'll be working up a QR Code once I have the reg page from Tugg. Wheels are in motion. I'll report back with updates as I get them. Thanks @Debadoo and @LouisLeBeau for the assist!!!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Once you choose a date and a couple local Tugg theatres, Tugg will contact you with a proposed theatre and date and time. If you agree, then that theatre is called by Tugg to see if they are interested in setting a screen aside for the possibility of this movie. Once they have settled all THAT, they contact you, say it is going to be set up, and then you wait for them to set up a page like mine for YOUR movie. All told, it takes maybe a couple weeks.

I have 3 weeks from Go to No. If I don't sell the 95 minimum (this varies by theatre) by one week before the show, it doesn't happen. Nobody gets charged for their tickets, and no e-tickets are sent. THAT part is simple.

Tickets MUST be purchased online, through the link they provide you. People COULD find it on their own, but they would have to work DAMN hard to do it. The theatre itself does not sell tickets for, promote, or even LIST your event on THEIR ticketing information resources.

THAT seems stupid. The 95 seats seems stupid. I don't know or care how the money gets split, but for theatres, it is ALL about concession sales. FIFTY seats seems about normal for a not-just-released movie, and I am being kind.

I'm just ...... because I can think of a million things that could have been done better. A set of 8.5x11 "posters" with a simple QR code that could be scanned to take you to the ticket page would make it REALLY easy for the vape shops to help you promote this, and for even the theatre to put on a small notice board within the theatre to help move tickets.

It will help if you choose your dates and theatres carefully. The BEST one may not be the one closest to you. It will likely be the one with the best location central to a lot of vape shops if possible. And DO mind the dates. One here in Michigan is scheduled for the night before opening day of Deer Season. This is Michigan. That makes that particular date very challenging to get people out to the show, I would think.

So you better start with your own enthusiasm, add your own hard work, buy a bunch of tickets yourself, some ink, paper, and Publisher work or whatever, and most of all, be creative. Reach out to EVERYone that might help you make this happen.

We will all have the chance to watch this on DVD some day. The REAL benefit of this movie, is getting the people who AREN'T vapers, but need this info, to go. Smokers, politicians at all levels, lawmakers, health care professionals, people in the insurance industry. The people who will make US matter, when THEY wonder why.
Outstanding post, from top to bottom.
:thumb:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Fortunately, the next two days are good motorcycle weather. I only had a website address, and a QR code on my phone that none of the 8 shops I stopped at wanted to scan. You HAVE to have material to get any help from them. I took the bar code I created, and a graphic off the web, and put in my own text.

Printed 9 of these each on 2 pieces of photostock and used a paper cutter to separate these. I will take them with me and revisit and visit all the shops I can with some scotch tape. If they will tape this up under a small corner of their display glass, or on the outside of their counter, so people can see them and scan them or write down the website. Feel free to edit it and use it for your own purposes. I just used MS paint.
Billion.png

Last edited:

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
For promoters, it may be easiest to supply vape shops with a scannable QR code to take their customers to your ticket page. I have found an online QR maker, that you can just input your unique ticket site address into, and it will make a JPEG QR bar code for you to save and print, or upload to vape sites.

QR Stuff

This is what mine looks like. If you have a bar code QR scanner app, this will just take you right there.
View attachment 611295
Yes I totally agree I also have this QR code maker and use it when I print labels for the products I sell. Further to this, If vape shops wanted to promote the doco then they could also give by using the QR code thing to offer customers a discount on tickets. As to daytime screenings and Cinemas in general, I think I covered my attitude to cinemas in another post. In a nutshell I just don't like going to cinemas.

Blackl1sted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
San Diego, CA
San Diego CA, Nov 16th @7pm new.tugg.com/events/special-screening-of-a-billion-lives-76qu

@rico942 Hope you can help get the word out for this showing and make it. It looks like there are still over 100+ tickets to be sold in ~5 days. I am going to attempt to make a QR code flyer and drop off at some of my local vape shops.

I'm not too unhappy anymore, since I eventually got my money back through my bank ...

An important distinction is that my ticket for the October 26th showing in Carlsbad CA was not a "reservation until the 100 seat minimum was met". My debit card was charged the next day, this was a ticket purchase, even though the shopping cart page said that 44 more tickets needed to be sold to meet the 100 minimum. I received an email the next day with a link to the ticket, which I then printed. Seven days after the purchase and two days before the event, my ticket was voided at the request of the sponsor. Nothing personal I'm sure, I don't know them ...

In hindsight, it appears that I was expected to contact the vape shop sponsor to validate my ticket. So I agree that it would be preferable for the sponsor to be an individual, so that ticket sales can be considered final at the time of purchase ...

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
San Diego CA, Nov 16th @7pm new.tugg.com/events/special-screening-of-a-billion-lives-76qu

@rico942 Hope you can help get the word out for this showing and make it. It looks like there are still over 100+ tickets to be sold in ~5 days. I am going to attempt to make a QR code flyer and drop off at some of my local vape shops.

The Tugg website declined my (only) debit card ... :(

After my previous ticket purchase was voided at the request of a sponsor, I sent Tugg customer service a rather strongly worded email expressing my displeasure with a business that accepts payment for a product, and then rescinds the transaction in favor of a later purchase by a preferred customer ... :glare:

Guess they don't love me anymore ... :laugh:

Also, 121 additional reservations required within a 4 day deadline seems like a difficult ticket threshold, but I do hope that the event is validated, for the sake of San Diego area vapers ... :vapor:

Reactions: Debadoo

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I hate to keep pestering this thread, but this is REALLY important.

I stopped by the theatre hosting my event, and talked to the manager. they ONLY know that a private event is happening!

When I explained the movie, and the terms required to make it happen, she got VERY excited for me, and took several of my qr scan cards. She is going to take my graphics too, and put up a notice! And make fliers to leave on the concession tables to help me sell out!!

We shouldn't have to wing it like this. ..

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

I stopped by the theatre hosting my event, and talked to the manager. they ONLY know that a private event is happening!

When I explained the movie, and the terms required to make it happen, she got VERY excited for me, and took several of my qr scan cards. She is going to take my graphics too, and put up a notice! And make fliers to leave on the concession tables to help me sell out!!

I am going to try to hit fedex tomorrow or Monday and print off some of the images you posted to see if I can get a couple local shops to tape them on the door or counters.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

Don't worry bout pestering the thread. Yes it is basically for listings, but we also need any tips we can get on HOW to go about it. I just don't want a lot of unnecessary chit chat that folks have to wade through. Important information is a whole different story.

Kudos to all those who are sponsoring showings! And how does a QR code work? I assume it's some type of bar code that people can scan, but what happens when you scan it. I just today got the first cell phone I've had in 9 years, and only had that one a couple of months, so I am a cell phone idiot at this point. lol

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Don't worry bout pestering the thread. Yes it is basically for listings, but we also need any tips we can get on HOW to go about it. I just don't want a lot of unnecessary chit chat that folks have to wade through. Important information is a whole different story.

Kudos to all those who are sponsoring showings! And how does a QR code work? I assume it's some type of bar code that people can scan, but what happens when you scan it. I just today got the first cell phone I've had in 9 years, and only had that one a couple of months, so I am a cell phone idiot at this point. lol

Thanks, Deb. A QR code is a kind of bar scan. VERY unique. On a smartphone with a QR scanner app, it just uses the viewfinder of your camera to look for a barcode. Once it sees it and recognizes it, it asks you (usually) if you want to go to that website. Works through glass, plastic, and the app I have will spot even a small one quite a ways away. It frames it, so you can be sure it is the one you want. I'm relatively new to smart phones too. Never understood the need, with laptops, tablets and PC's usually all around me. Now, I couldn't live without it. Go figure.

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I am going to try to hit fedex tomorrow or Monday and print off some of the images you posted to see if I can get a couple local shops to tape them on the door or counters.

Thanks, Fozzy! I got all the ones from Milford to Lake Orion east to west, and Lake Orion to Grand River north and south. Dropped off cards of my graphics and tried to pump up their enthusiasm for saving their livelihoods.. :rolleyes:

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Oh, I don't stop anymore at vape/..../tobacco stores, or combo vape/head shops. Their level of knowledge, interest, and.. investment, just didn't seem conducive to any help or enthusiasm from them. It seems only the legit Vape shops have any real interest in trying to stop the FDA Juggernaut.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That kind of shocked me as well when I ran into it.

I kept calling the manager at the Regal 12 in Carlsbad and asking about their showing.
He kept telling me he had no idea what I was talking about.

I even gave him the link to the Tugg website regarding the event.
He seriously had no idea.

It's weird.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA

I kept calling the manager at the Regal 12 in Carlsbad and asking about their showing.

It's weird.

Regarding that 10/26 showing at the Regal 12, the email I received from Tugg customer service that voided my ticket said nothing about A Billion Lives, only that there was now a private event and that prior ticket sales were rescinded at the request of the sponsor ...

I'm glad I didn't waste my time calling the theater, sounds like they were clueless as well ...

I guess these people don't talk to each other ... :rolleyes:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

It's weird.
that is really bizarre!

Regarding that 10/26 showing at the Regal 12, the email I received from Tugg customer service that voided my ticket said nothing about A Billion Lives, only that there was now a private event and that prior ticket sales were rescinded at the request of the sponsor ...

I'm glad I didn't waste my time calling the theater, sounds like they were clueless as well ...

I guess these people don't talk to each other ... :rolleyes:
2nd time I've heard of that happening........this is really not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread