A different 510 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I have not read everyone's feedback to you, So I might be redundant here. But I think what you are doing is kind of silly. You made a video review of your particular 510 to prove that the 510's are not good? To review the 510 model and give it a 2. While 100's of other people are saying how great the model is? Wouldn't you conclude that if it is not user error on your part, than there must be something fishy going on? Have you tried different parts from other manufacturers? I mean before I try and disagree with everyone on this forum, I would def try another vendor or different parts first before I give a rating. you are giving a rating on obviously faulty parts.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
One can't rule out the possibility of bad hardware. While it is highly unlikely to get two bad atomizers or two bad batteries... it has happened before. We had another user about a month ago who was having bad luck with the 510.. and as it turned out, he had two "bad" atomizers in his first starter kit. Go figure.

rickghouse

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
Rick,

For giggles.. continue the dry burn process and see if you can get it to glow. Honest.. I have had some atty's that I thought were just complete crap.... and I finally got them to glow and then they performed like champs.

I made a LOT of mistakes when I first got my 510..... flooded it.. dried it out.. put bad juice in it. You name it. I had an entire graveyard of atties that I thought were garbage.... and I have "resurrected" virtually every one of them. And now that I now what I'm doing... they all taste and work quite well.

You've got nothing to lose at this point. Make her glow!

P.S. I'd love to know what the resistance reading is on that atty!

Scottbee, you have me curious. It ocurred to me that there are 2 roads I could follow.

1 - I could measure the resistance of my atties, So I hunted for my old multimeter, but to no avail.

2 - I could send you my atties & batts. I consider you an expert in the field of 510 hardware, so why not?

Well, I continued to put voltage to my surviving atty, but could't get a glow. So I decided to do both. Tomorrow, I will buy a new multimeter and measure the resistance of my atties ( how many ohms should they read?). Next, if you will PM me your address, I will send you my atties & batts. No charge, and no need to return. I'm just looking for the truth.

Side note: I really think this whole train of thought is 'barking up the wrong tree'. But I'm willing to pursue it to the end.

This thread is not just about the 510. I picked on the 510 because it's the favorite. This thread is about our industry. It sucks. I'm vaping 36mg/ml in 801, 901, KR808 and they all suck.

The claws in my chest do not relent with the e-cigs that I have tried. It's more like a tease than satisfaction.

I just don't get it. The people who are satisfied with a 510 ... were they really addicted?

Rick.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
38 years +or - ending at 3+packs a day. Yea I am really addicted/dependent. For clarification I still smoke 6-8 a day and hope to get to zero. Listen to Twisted Victor or try my method, reduction leading to zero.

As I said before if I had the vapor production you had in your video I would be disappointed too. I'm not. Since you seem to have the same problem with all the e-cigs you use it has to be operator error or you are having us on.

Tapping feet.

I just don't get it. The people who are satisfied with a 510 ... were they really addicted?

Rick.

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW

Rick.

i was smoking more than 60 Marlboro Reds per day,until april where the kissbox classic entered my life and i went to 0 in just a few weeks, but the 510 was the device that calmed me down and delivered the feel i needed.

[edit] before i woke up, crawled out of bed and lit a cigarette instantly. now i sometimes wait for my coffee to be ready before i vape.

sure, for a heavy smoker you are trapped in the battery change roulette quiet fast. so for us hardpuffing guys devices with longer lasting batteries are a must have, sooner or later.

Last edited:

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
Dude, if all three 510s, 801s, and 901s are giving you this problem, but cartomizers aren't, then it stands to reason that you're doing something wrong with the carts, most likely overfilling. You're definitely doing something wrong if you can't get one of those models to work correctly. I refuse to believe that you've gotten all defective equipment either, except for your cartomizers. The error is most certainly at your end. You don't have to "continue the search" until you learn how to use the models you already own, because I guarantee you that they're all capable of more than you realize. Incidentally, the Chameleon is not a high voltage device yet. They will be offering sleeves to allow them to provide high voltage at a later date. Those high voltage attys are for use with high voltage devices as they have a higher resistance. If you use them with the Chameleon in it's current version (3.7v) then you'll get even less vapor than usual. Your first thing is to learn to use what you have properly though. You're just going to run through money and end up disappointed, giving up on e-cigs if you keep thinking it's the device.

smc

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
California
I purchase all my attys from RMV. I have never once received a bad atty. Generally they last around a month. Just for kicks I dumped 6 drops in the atty. Still get good vapor production and sizzle. (EDIT: I have received weak attys though).

When I first started using ecigs (510) I went through a few attys until I learned how to use them. There is a learning curve. Generally, I now do a dry burn when I get them. After this initial dry burn I will only do it a few more times when the vapor production goes down.

Keep in mind you can not draw very hard on the atomizer. I draw considerably slower then I would on a regular cig. This is specially true for new attys. Assuming you still have the 510 try drawing on it for 4-6 seconds with a light pull.

Last edited:

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
... I just don't get it. The people who are satisfied with a 510 ... were they really addicted?

Rick.

My wife and I weren't looking for alternative ways of continuing our habit, or dependence on nicotine. We were looking for a better (or more effective) means of quitting cigarettes. My wife is down to just one filled cart of juice per day now.

If people really don't want to quit, then you're right, these won't replace the nicotine content, flavor, and shear volume of chemicals (in numbers) that get flooded into your lungs from regular smokes.

If you are a truely satisfied smoker and just love being hooked on cigs, then even a fully operational vapor device in the hands of someone that actually knows how to use them, will simply not be enough to keep you off analogs.

There are plenty of smokers in my office that have no desire to use e-cigs even after taking very successful hits (large puffs of flavored vapor) from my e-cig devices. Because for them, they just enjoy the entire act of lighting up and sucking on burning tobacco.

However, for the people I know that actually want to quit, they have worked to kick the analog habit, 100% of the time.

But I agree with you on this; the e-cigs you own (and the way they appear to absolutely suck at producing vapor) wouldn't be useful to anyone. If I got such poor vapor, from my e-cigs I wouldn't be using them either.

Last edited:

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal

Rick.

Wow... can you not grasp the simple notion that you've either got a STEEP learning curve to overcome or just bad hardware? So everyone else is either lying, crazy, or were never really smokers like you, huh... :thumbs:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I guess I will chime in here as well... I use many atty models... and I love/like/hate em all the same depending on my mood and what I am doing..... But my friend like most people are saying there are only two possible problems with the results you are getting

1. faulty equipment
2. faulty operator

I am not trying to be a wizeazz , but it seems like you have your mind set that it has to be the model. I understand 510s not being your taste... not everyone is the fan of the 510, but I feel you haven't truly experienced the 510 like it should be to make a fair assessment.

If I saw it perform like I experienced them or how I have seen many other people experience them, and you said you still hated them I could not fault you one bit.
Too bad someone with proper experience with the 510 couldn't give you one on one face time with you and your device. There is no shame in admitting that one is a bit behind on the power curve(I can't whistle or snap my fingers with my right hand)

I have followed your posts here and I can understand your frustration, and I hope the best for you my friend

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
This guy cracks me up. It's like he has a vendetta against the 510, or he is a terrible troll. I don't know how you can publish a video using a dead atty and take yourself seriously. If you can't realize that an atty you're using is dead, then that raises the "user error" red flag even higher than it already was.

There is just absolutely NO way that you're using cartridges correctly if you are getting the same (or even close to the same) results with 901s and 801s also. None of them will produce even close to that little vapor if you have working parts and know what you're doing.

The best part of all this is that you're still steadfast in the fact that everybody else is wrong and you're right.

edit: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao6Hv16nejU That's my "review" of my little Chuck. Ignore the Chuck part for now, and you'll see that I get infinitely more vapor than you, all while taking drags that are about 1/4 of the length of time as yours. I'm not saying this is a good video at all, but I just need to reiterate to new vapers that the 510 is good, and not to pay attention to this guy. (keep in mind that while this is a mod, it's still using 3.7 volts)

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us

Nice short video and I am glad an example was put here.... I hope he sees it.
And you are right though you are using a mod it is still 3.7v. and granted the 510 battery is under par ... it is in no way for normal users as bad as the OPs vid.

Oh and by the way keep your hat on man :p

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
To the original poster. If you want to say ecigs suck, and they dont work for you. That is fine. They dont work that great for me either. I still crave cigarettes quite often. But if you are going to do a review on a specific model and say how bad it is, and show how you are getting no vapor at all with very long drags... it just ruins your argument. People are just going to say A. your an idiot. OR B. you have faulty equipment. So your argument now becomes invalid against "the industry". So you basically did yourself more harm than good by making that video.

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
To the original poster. If you want to say ecigs suck, and they dont work for you. That is fine. They dont work that great for me either. I still crave cigarettes quite often. But if you are going to do a review on a specific model and say how bad it is, and show how you are getting no vapor at all with very long drags... it just ruins your argument. People are just going to say A. your an idiot. OR B. you have faulty equipment. So your argument now becomes invalid against "the industry". So you basically did yourself more harm than good by making that video.

Maybe not, though I find it weird that he has SO many bottles of liquid without ever having an easily refillable model that works for him. He might realize, through the publication of this video, that he's doing something wrong and figure it out. I wish I could just show him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread