Efest 18650 Batteries not Lasting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
So I have (2) 3100mAh Efest batteries rated @ 20A and (1) 2500mAh Efest batterie rated @ 35A. I'm experiencing a pretty annoying problem with all 3 of them and that is they aren't lasting nearly as long as I feel they should be. I can EASILY vape through a battery in less than one hour while heavy vaping. I'm aware that I am sub-ohming and that requires more power from the battery but these are just going way too fast and something isn't right. I have a BEC Pro mod that takes a single 18650 battery and I'm vaping an Aspire Atlantis tank @ 35 watts with the .5 ohm coil installed. I charge each battery fully with a Nitecore i2 before using them and it'll say 4.2V on my mod & on my Smart BEC app it will say 100% as I take my first few puffs but then starts draining at a ridiculous rate until they are dead. I am not aware what the mod efficiency is on my BEC Pro or if there might be something not working properly within my device. Can someone please help me find what's wrong with these? Maybe some of you have eperienced this problem with Efest batteries in the past? Thanks in advance!

Edit: These are genuine Efest batteries as I bought them straight from the manufacture on Ebay.

Last edited:

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
I find the efest batteries at the bottom of the list. I hate em. They don't even last in a regulated mod. I'm very happy with the Samsung 25r and the lg he2 and he4.

So you are saying it's a Efest problem rather than a problem with my mod? How much longer would you say one of those batteries lasts vs an Efest one? With the 2500mAh 35A Efest battery?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Ima, you need to test those batteries in another mod. Preferably a similar mod.

Short run times are hard to figure out....it could be a bad cell, it could be a bad mod, it could be that the batteries are on their way out, etc. Keep in mind that the way you are using the Atlantis requires quite a bit of power, it eats 18650s pretty fast.

Try this:
Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Last edited:

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
Ima, you need to test those batteries in another mod. Preferably a similar mod.

Short run times are hard to figure out....it could be a bad cell, it could be a bad mod, it could be that the batteries are on their way out, etc.

Try this:
Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

I've used them in my Sigelei 30W and they lasted a little bit longer but I think that's just due to the Sigelei having a better efficiency with that YiHi chip. I've also used the Steam Engine tool before, very helpful. I have a much stronger feeling now that it is the batteries, not because they are on their way out, but because I've seen in several forums that Efest batteries simply don't last as long as competitor batteries such as LG and Samsung.

Bjorhyn

Verified Member
Oct 20, 2014
Colorado
Hmmm well I need a battery that is rated @ 30A at the very least considering I will be vaping a .2 ohm coil in the future.

Then you may want to look at Sony VCT 4's, if you can find authentics.

The amp rating on those Efests are misrepresented.
The 35a on your 2500 mah is the pulse. It's 20a continuous.

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
Then you may want to look at Sony VCT 4's, if you can find authentics.

The amp rating on those Efests are misrepresented.
The 35a on your 2500 mah is the pulse. It's 20a continuous.

Alright, I'm looking into all these batteries. Its hard to know which one has 30+A continuous and that will last the longest.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I've used them in my Sigelei 30W and they lasted a little bit longer but I think that's just due to the Sigelei having a better efficiency with that YiHi chip. I've also used the Steam Engine tool before, very helpful. I have a much stronger feeling now that it is the batteries, not because they are on their way out, but because I've seen in several forums that Efest batteries simply don't last as long as competitor batteries such as LG and Samsung.

Well how MUCH more time are you looking for? :) It's not like changing battery brands is gonna take you from 1 hour vape time to 12 hours. Have you over discharged those batteries at any time? etc.

Have you thoroughly cleaned your mod as well? (simple yes, but often incredibly fruitful).

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So I have (2) 3100mAh Efest batteries rated @ 20A and (1) 2500mAh Efest batterie rated @ 35A.

If I recall correctly, the 3100 mAh Efest actually has a max continuous amp rating around 5A, nowhere near 20A. The 2500 mAh Efest is 20A. Efest re-wraps other manufacturer's batts and inflate the amp ratings.

These are genuine Efest batteries as I bought them straight from the manufacture on Ebay.

I don't know who you bought from on Ebay, but I don't think Efest sells there (I could be wrong though :)). I always buy frmo known, good supplier like the following:

Illumination Supply
RTD Vapor
Lighthound
Orbtronic
Battery Junction

I'm confident these guys will not sell me counterfeits.

Hmmm well I need a battery that is rated @ 30A at the very least considering I will be vaping a .2 ohm coil in the future.

The only batts I know of that are rated 30A are the Sony VTC series. You can't get the VTC5 right now, but the VTC4 is available from Illumination Supply for $8 each.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Last edited:

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Edit: These are genuine Efest batteries as I bought them straight from the manufacture on Ebay.

Not a Chance.
Now, barring them being fake and maybe they are not. The 3100 is likely a 6a battery rewrapped. The others are 20a batteries and not the best.

LG HE2 or Samsung 25R (INR18650-25R)

Now, what do you consider heavy vaping? Blowing non-stop clouds?
I Vape around .5ohm all the time and at home almost constantly have my mods in hand. Still, I get 3-5hrs. on a 2200mah battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread